General Attn: Brian McClennan

Jesbass_old

What game is your favourite? What would you give the biggest wraps to?

Tough question, but I'd probably say my love is greatest for Puerto Rico. It's such an elegant design and I never seem to get bored of it.

We got the anniversary edition which isn't cheap but the components are amazing.

I also really like Merchants & Marauders but I'm guessing a pirate themed game might not appeal to your girlfriend, haha!

It really depends on what sort of gaming experience you're after, though. There are games that rely more on luck, and games that rely more on strategy. There are games that involve a lot of interaction and potential conflict, and games that kinda let you do your own thing without being affected by other players.

Willet_old

I sent her your post and she's seemed quite keen on games with interaction..

Ideas?

Thanks for this, by the way. I appreciate it.

Jesbass_old

I sent her your post and she's seemed quite keen on games with interaction..

Ideas?

Thanks for this, by the way. I appreciate it.

No worries.

Ticket To Ride is a good place to start because it has a degree of interaction in that you can block other people’s paths, and they need to work around you. I’d recommend it’s best with 3 or more players, though, because with 2 you can potentially end up in your own part of the board with your opponent somewhere else, so the interaction really drops off with 2.

The Settlers Of Catan is a really interactive game because you’re all operating on the same island, blocking each other off, and trading resources with each other. It’s a fantastic game, but requires 3 or 4 players.

If you’ll only have 2 players, or if you want to start off with something more affordable, Carcassonne is a pretty safe bet. It’s a tile laying game, (so no central board), but it works just as well with 2 players as it does with 5, and the interaction comes in the form of where you put your people – you can claim a city for yourself, for example, even if someone else has been trying to build it up, etc.

Those are probably the 3 best games to get started with. Another great one is Dominion, which is a deck building card game, but it really isnt’ very interactive at all until you start adding expansions, so if you’re short on cash, I’d recommend holding off with that one.

If you’ve got a bigger group, there’s 7 Wonders. It takes up to 7 players and is really worthwhile with 4 or more. You only interact with the people sitting directly next to you – both in combat and in resource collection.

Puerto Rico (my favourite) has interaction in some areas, and non-interaction in others. You’re making plantations and constructing buildings in your own part of the island, but shipping, trade, and building selection are centralised so if someone else takes that barracks that you wanted, then too bad! It really needs a few players, though. I prefer it with 4 or 5. I’d play it with 3, but not 2.

That’s a quick list off the top of my head. I hope that helps – if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

NZR_old

The least he could do is ring all the fans so we know what team to expect.

Fans only know the outside of the team.. i trust the coach will know the whole story behind the team situation. why have a coach when you can poll who you want in your team seems stupid doesnt it?

ToiletDuck_old

Summed it up perfectly there TD, and after listening to Bluey on Veitchy's show this morning i'd say it still doesn't add up and Blueys is not telling us everything!

I wish I'd been able to listen to that. Oh well, as you say - sounds like didn't give answers we were looking for. Though it's interesting training and attitude don't appear to be the problem. Time will tell...otherwise off to the Sharks he goes.

sup42_old

I've seen so many fans speculate that the Media pay attention to our dribble ......and so many Fans rubbish that theory.....

WELL GUESS WHAT IT TURNS OUT ITS TRUE THE MEDIA DO GAUGE FAN OPINNION !!!!

BRING BACK INU !!!!!

oops caps......BRING BACK CARLAW PARK !!!!

Northern_Union

Craig Stanaway has posted her in the past. I think Steve Kilgallon has posted here as well and every now and then a quote from our site here will appear in a paper somewhere.

skymap_old

No they're not, Ben Henry is a second rower playing in the centers.

As I already stated. Jerome Ropati is the most experienced back in our squad, Henry the least experienced. That doesn't get cancelled out whichever way you try to sugar coat it. He should be 10x>Henry on any given day.

I've got no idea what you're trying to say to be honest,. It doesn't make any sense in the context of my argument.

To break it down....

Henry is MUD, Ropati is MUD. Ropati should not be as MUD as Henry. Why? Because Ropati has 10 seasons, 11 tests and 133 NRL games up on Henry who is NOT a centre, never has been and is a terrible fill in. I can't possibly make it any more clearer. Jerome should not be down on the same level as Henry.

868.png
Wow, 133 games, thats like 13 games a season, he's been injured more than he's been playing.

Jesbass_old

Craig Stanaway has posted her in the past. I think Steve Kilgallon has posted here as well and every now and then a quote from our site here will appear in a paper somewhere.

My favourite of all time was when Mick Watson posted here.

Simone Faumuina was a close runner up.

Beeteejay_old

We had McNuggets and Montz in the 'other' forum. Poor ole McNuggets.

Northern_Union

My favourite of all time was when Mick Watson posted here.

Simone Faumuina was a close runner up.

Ifsheonly Feltmyweena said he'd show all us Warriors fans. Still waiting Ifsheonly!

Can't recall Mick posting here.

Jesbass_old

We had McNuggets and Montz in the 'other' forum. Poor ole McNuggets.

I felt sorry for McIvor. He was treated with a heck of a lot of disrespect. I think it's pathetic that some people think the anonymity of a keyboard give them a right to abuse someone else.

surfin_old

I felt sorry for McIvor. He was treated with a heck of a lot of disrespect. I think it's pathetic that some people think the anonymity of a keyboard give them a right to abuse someone else.

I think McIvor didn't help his own cause during the big blow up.

Northern_Union

What happened with McIvor?