Sports What sports did you used to play?

I'll bring the biscuit. Lets get soggy
Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 5.51.15 PM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 5.50.44 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 5.50.44 PM.png
    485.8 KB · Views: 58
It is a little strange that this is a RL fans forum and the majority of people here have not played RL.
I think it’s great for the game as it shows it’s a professional sport where the game/ product/ experience is bigger than just the players.

I played union as a kid but league simply is a better product for myself as a fan.

It has also surprised me how many fans now are from non traditional league countries and cultures, which is great for the growth of the game and shows how the sport is appealing to a wide variety of people.

Played cricket all throughout for Cornwall, Grafton and Grammar. Haven't played in a bit but hoping to get back into some net practice this summer. Anyone in Auckland keen hit me up!

Anyone fancy this

IMG_6868.jpeg

Yorkshire puddings on the scaffold where that bloke is stood. You fling a black pudding at them from ground.

There must be a breach in the barbed wire somewhere as there were entrants from Yorkshire, or Yowakshur as the locals pronounce it

So started with soccer till about 10, everyone started calling me a Nancy boy so switched to Rugby.

Also played cricket in the summer so was the typical kiwi.

Loved any sport really, tried lots of different things from Table tennis to Volleyball to Hockey to Basketball to indoor netball. Always liked the team games over the individual ones.

Played league from 4 till 20. Made a couple of national under age teams.
Had the option to trial with the warriors or sign straight away with another super league club. My biggest regret in life is not going to warriors to trial. All the other chch boys that went were signed. Went to Aussie and found out the harsh reality of how good Aussie kids are. Unfortunately the court case forced us all to go home.
Played a season of premiers in chch and then quit league forever to play union with school mates.
Played some semi pro national league rugby in uk. Then back to chch for a few years of div 1 footy. Now hate watching rugby.
Just wish I had learnt how to train and eat properly in Aussie.
Loved cricket growing up too , was never any good but loved it.
Now I just hack my way around the golf course. I did have the pleasure of playing a round with Steven Alker at Jacks point. He was amazing and I was terrible.

I'm a Professional Wanker
Hang on, so you are telling me you get paid to do this? Is it an individual or team type thing going on? Is it a speed based contest? Quantity? Distance? Is it judged by a panel like rhythmic gymnastics? Is rhythmic gymnastics one of your 'inspirations'? Have you made any finals series? Any injuries other than a pulled muscle?

Hang on, so you are telling me you get paid to do this? Is it an individual or team type thing going on? Is it a speed based contest? Quantity? Distance? Is it judged by a panel like rhythmic gymnastics? Is rhythmic gymnastics one of your 'inspirations'? Have you made any finals series? Any injuries other than a pulled muscle?
31858852-funny-retro-nerd-with-one-huge-arm-flexing-his-muscle-over-blue-background.jpg
Here's me after winning the left handed event.
(I'm right handed)

Grew up playing League and Touch in Auckland, was luckily enough to grow up in a RL family.

Played both sports against SJ, got my ankles broken by him many a time in touch. But atleast in league when you got a hold of him you could ruffle him up a bit, still easier said than done but a much easier task in league.

Played some regional rep sides for touch, but nothing past that and only ever local club footy for league. Have a couple of mates that went on to play FG, both NRL and SL. They were both easily the standouts in our team whilst I was playing, head and shoulders above the rest skill and natural talent wise.

Talks to the availability of it in schools in the regions, not available at my school but would have played more had it been

Yup, league was just a thing on TV for me, not an option at any of my schools in Wellington/Wanganui growing up. Not that I would have likely played it anyway, being a wee lad would have been prime target for being squashed by the big boys 😅

Back