General Asotasi Signs With Souths

• Thread starter Paul Holmes_old
  • Start date

Paul Holmes_old

Source smh:
https://www.smh.com.au/news/league/...edibility-drive/2006/07/03/1151778863254.html
Asotasi signature boosts Souths credibility drive

July 3, 2006 - 5:25PM

South Sydney Rabbitohs have signed Bulldogs prop Roy Asotasi to a five-year deal.

The 24-year-old New Zealand international joins Test teammates Nigel Vagana and David Kidwell and Parramatta forward Dean Widders at the Rabbitohs from 2007.

The newly privatised club says it beat rivals the Sydney Roosters and Wests Tigers to Asotasi's signature.

Rabbitohs Executive Chairman Peter Holmes a Court said the signing of Asotasi, Kidwell, Vangana and Widders was an important step in changing public perceptions of the club.

"It moves us away from the current perception of the club, to a creditable claim to be a top eight contender," he said.

"The club has made some great signings for next season and I can't wait to play on a regular basis with guys like David Kidwell, Nigel Vagana, David Fa'alogo and Joe Galuvao," said Asotasi.

Asotasi, 24, has played 77 first grade matches for the Bulldogs and ten Tests for the Kiwis.

AAP

scottyb_old

i'm glad he's staying in the nrl and not heading off to england. Next year the rabbitoh's will field nearly a kiwi test forward pack, they should go great guns if they can buy a decent playmaker

warriors_ballboy_CEO_old

lets see if the rabbits will allow them to go for the test if they get called up.

i dont think they would let some of them go.

warriors4life_old

Yep, another Kiwi signed, they're gonna have one hell of a forward pack next year.

commonsense_old

the souths are going to be the 2nd kiwi team of the nrl

edguy_old

i thought rusty crowe didint like kiwis?
what was the fight with eric about ?????????????

warriorfaithful*_old

IanS said:
5 years at Souths?

Hope it all works out.

Yeah i was suprised when i heard it was a 5 YEAR DEAL! Good luck to ya roy!

*Kimmy*_old

I wasn't suprised when he signed for 5 years..as previous articles said thats what souths were offereing him (2.2mill over 5 years)

I knew it was coming..but when i read it on the Bulldogs website my heart still sank :(

It's weird cause now its all official..its all happening..Roy only has 9 games left with us..12 if we make the final.

Good luck to Roy..thanks for all the tries, tackles, hit-ups..EVERYTHING!!

tezzah_old

Shux!

The bulldogs will need to boast up there front row. He was in Prices shadow for a while and now it seems he doesnt want it anymore.

I hope Souths do better next year.

I though John Sutton was a player of the future!

With Vagana and co in the team 2007 will be a building block for the once famous club!

What are the Bulldogs going to do now?

BigD_old

commonsense said:
the souths are going to be the 2nd kiwi team of the nrl

Yep..Last night on NRL ScoreBoard on Fox Sports, They were calling Souths... the "SOUTHERN WARRIORS"

Esoj_old

will be interesting to see what happens test time now. souths have lots of kiwi players and may not be so keen releasing players now.

*Kimmy*_old

I hate the salary cap :(

The Bulldogs lose awesome players every year..im so sick of it..DAMN YOU SALARY CAP :cry:

warrior_girl81_old

its going to be a very interesting season next year with the new look souths and the titans in the comp. looking forward to it. with all the kiwis in souths, i might have to have a 2nd fav team....nah, i cant see myself cheering for souths actually. good luck to them though.

*Kimmy*_old

I'll be watching souths very closely..since they stole my Roy from his beloved club!!..damn bunnies :(

warriors4life_old

Yeah, I might even support Souths a bit with all the Kiwis they have, but I will always remain faithful to the Warriors. :p

sebastian_old

edguy said:
i thought rusty crowe didint like kiwis?
what was the fight with eric about ?????????????

Crusty Hoe called the Warriors "coconuts, Eric stuck up for them, Crusty Hoe through punches & Eric ko'd Crusty Hoe. Thats about it.

warrior_girl81_old

haha!! are you serious??? thats so funny!! good on eric!!