Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
2023, Round 1, Newcastle Knights
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2023
Signed From
USA Perpignan (Rugby Union)
Current Club
New Zealand Warriors (Wellbeing Manager)
Rep Honours
  1. Fiji
Status
Retired
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brayden_Wiliame
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/brayden-williams/summary.html
Confirmed he is retiring

“Rugby League, It's been an absolute pleasure!!

From a happy-go-lucky kid moving to Melbourne at 16 to now, a happy-go-lucky man, husband and father calling time on my footy career 14 years later.

This journey has been anything but smooth. But I'm grateful for every moment because it's lead me to exactly where I'm meant to be l

Thank you to all the great clubs I've had the pleasure of playing for. (Not enough room to write yous all ), thank you for all the friendships, the coaches and all the awesome experiences.

I need to make particular mention to the @nzwarriors for their support since I arrived here both on and off the field. I came with every intention to play in the NRL again and though it was short lived I'm proud as to be Warrior #273

My family and I have stories to last a lifetime because of this sport and will be forever grateful.

One doors closing and another one is opening.

Excited as for what's next.

Thankyou, Vinaka & Merci Beaucoup“

I know it didn't end too well as he got injured. Not sure how many NSW Cup games he played towards the end of the season. He did help fill a gap at the start of the season and you could see the benefit of his experience with his service to Montoya.

I know we have discussed or speculated about him moving on to free up a spot on the roster but it's still a shame seeing a career ended due to injury.

Back