General Ask Jim Doyle

Jim have you ever thought about making the team watch the Broncos or cowboys games, instead of watching there own game when they do there break down of the game. Surely this would make better sense so they can see how a real team of professionals play. And by your actions this week has the club finally realised that the players are to blame for the years of under performing and not the coaches.

Reactions: ACT Warrior
As fans, who look forward to the game every week, do you expect us to keep watching and supporting. We have been told to keep the faith for years and we have.
I don't mind if we lose, all I care that team is prepared, motivated, match fit and will try in the game. Those are characteristics that are needed for any job you need and at much lower wages. I don't think we fans are expecting too much because usually the wins will come on the back of this.

Jim, what thoughts to borrowing from one of the greatest sporting teams the world has ever known ... the All Blacks. Offer speaking engagements from past great players and coaches, Graham Henry, Ritchie McCaw etc. Allow our players a window into one of the greatest team cultures that exists today and let our players see what that landscape looks like so they have something to model their own culture on.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsmooove and mode81
Jim, what thoughts to borrowing from one of the greatest sporting teams the world has ever known ... the All Blacks. Offer speaking engagements from past great players and coaches, Graham Henry, Ritchie McCaw etc. Allow our players a window into one of the greatest team cultures that exists today and let our players see what that landscape looks like so they have something to model their own from.

Most successful international sporting team in history in our own backyard. The Warriors could learn a thing or two about success but most fans are just too insecure to let this happen. You know still living in that 'us and them' world.. the 'elite VS the blue collars' mentality

I'm good mates with Tawera Kerr-Barlow he's one of the biggest league followers there is. He's a massive NRL and Kiwis fan, as are most of the All Blacks players

No no we can't have that.. staunch advocates of league will never want anything to do with rugby.. Apparently rugby looks down on league and the media in NZ only caters to rugby. That's what league fans want you to believe.

Reactions: fizurg and matiunz
No no we can't have that.. staunch advocates of league will never want anything to do with rugby.. Apparently rugby looks down on league and the media in NZ only caters to rugby. That's what league fans want you to believe.

Sometimes to effect positive change you need to break the ceiling on certain peoples thinking, this is one of those scenarios.

Reactions: mode81

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Goal this year was top 6 and a strategy how to get there.

Given what has now transpired, has the goal changed, and if so, what is the new goal for this season and what needs to change to get there?

After Manu's post on twitter / instagram, followed by threats to fans, is it possible for him to remain a Warrior in the future? Perhaps he is ill and needs help.

Reactions: jonno
Jim,

What is your expected time line for a premiership title?

What systems changes do you aim to implement over the next 5 years to achieve consistent success on and off the field. How will success be measured other than wins?

Who are you aiming to recruit over the next three years and how far afield are you searching?

Reactions: danyooll and Sup42

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Jim - given what we now know and perhaps what we don't, would you be kind enough to re-confirm your expectations for the Team this season?

Dear Santa, hope you're enjoying the season as much as we are... with all this new cap money can we please get Jesse Bromwich and Josh McGuire? Then it'll be top 6 here we come. Love, Capp... er, Bob.

Last edited:
i watch a fair bit of american sports, id have to go with ice hockey being my fav sport and once a year teams will play a game in an outdoor staduim in the snow and its called the winter classic. there is a cool behind the scenes documentary that for a few weeks follows two teams and its players as it leads up to the outdoor game. there is alot of behind the scenes footage that includes training, flying to various games, end of period team talks and some players show what they do on their days off.

i guess my question is would the warriorrs ever look at doing something like this like taping behind the scenes stuff of how the first grade team goes from training and rehab to game day prep media etc?

The NFL has a cable TV show called Hard Knocks which shows what goes on behind the scenes during pre-season. It focuses on the adjustment rookies have to make from college to pro, family life, and the battles the undrafted and fringe players go through to make the roster. The LA Rams will be the team that's featured this year.

The question is, would team management consider this a unwanted distraction?