NRL Grand Final Discussion - Penrith vs Broncos

The Broncos did well after their mistakes early in the game to hold them off defensively.

The Panthers had a few key guys who you could see had a lot of big game experience. Cleary obviously the main guy but a few key guys supporting him like Crighton, Edwards, Leota, JFH.

Also thought Cogger slotted in well when he came on.

Basically no boos for Gee after that one, did a bloody good job.

Rumour has it that Inruins local supermarket has run out of tissues and moisturiser
To be fair they let a lot go in finals matches. So as long as you don’t make any howlers then you should go alright.

Just on this I think it’s a bit rich from the NRL to plead player safety and have shit loads of marginal penalty calls with harsh sentences at the judiciary in the regular season. I saw about 3 or 4 tackles that would have been yellow / red cards in normal games.

Rant over….

I don’t know how to survive as a modern Broncos fan lol

2008 Lockyer and Webcke career ended by a last minute Inglis try after a drop ball

2015 Lost lead last play of the grand final then golden point by Thurston

2023 Mess up a 16 point lead in the last 15 minutes to lose the grand final

That’s way worse than the ABs’ heartbreak losses Bledisloe Cup/World Cup to Aussies in 2000-2003

Glad I am just a Warriors dude

Hell of a time to put the boot in
Nashy came straight here and it was worse because he was patronizing us in a loss to his side, this game had nothing to do with us.

Boot away I say. Even if the guy cant spell Nashy lol.

I wanted the Donkeys to win but that post you posted changed my mind.
I dont go round posting in losing clubs forums after our games, only a Wanker does that.

Last edited:
Tbh in the end even with all the first half errors they made thought 2 plays in the last 10 minutes from the guy who was supposed to steady them Adam Reynolds cost the Bronco's that.

Running it on the last, turning it over without trying to pin Penrith with another kick.

Then that restart under the posts that lead to Clearys try........he either had to go short to try and get possession back or long to soak up some tackles...... put a nothing in between kick in and Panthers ended upon their tryline on the 2nd tackle.......costly i thought

Man that loss is going to leave a deep scar for the Broncos.

Fleger will be a big loss, thought he played well to wrestle momentum back before half time.

Walsh seems to play fast when they have momentum, but is non existent when they don’t.
Walsh for some reason is positionally challenged, without momentum, those gaps just become obvious. And hes a pretty poor defender. i would have CNK everyday. his speed is amazing though, if only u could bottle it and sell it in a white powder like substance

Back