Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fucking Fisher-Harris baby! (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Hunt purchased a house at bangalow (west of byron bay- bout an hour south of the gc) about 6 months ago- I only know that because I have a mate who lives there and meet him at a cafe- said he was desperate to get out of sydney.
I was there the last two Saturday mornings buying stuff at the farmers market followed by brunch at the Bangalow pub

It’s a 80 minute drive on a good commute from Bangalow to Titans training at Parkwood roughly 100 kms very do able.

Houses at Bangalow start at 1.4 mill $A.

I was there the last two Saturday mornings buying stuff at the farmers market followed by brunch at the Bangalow pub

It’s a 80 minute drive on a good commute from Bangalow to Titans training at Parkwood roughly 100 kms very do able.

Houses at Bangalow start at 1.4 mill $A.
Yeah the name always gives me a chortle. I tease my mate that he only lives there coz he likes to bang lows 👀
Yes I'm very immature.
Seriously couldn't see the titans letting Mo go though (hey that rhymes).

Yeah the name always gives me a chortle. I tease my mate that he only lives there coz he likes to bang lows 👀
Yes I'm very immature.
Seriously couldn't see the titans letting Mo go though (hey that rhymes).
That pubs good
It does breakfast 7 am on on the Saturday to line with the market
Great coffee good service not overloaded with customers
The cafe down the road is overloaded super expensive a typical wankfest
Mo won’t go
His family is all up in Logan
Home is Qld

Our main air con died today week from Xmas 23 years old not repairable
Prob wait a month for a new one to be installed and get royally reamed

Amazing how air con picks the wrong time to die

Was down your way Saturday doing grog delivery was 35 degrees

The metric for a million dollar prop are pretty obvious eh.

Anyone that can play past the arbitrary sub off twenty minute marker, who can dominate for their whole running time is a million dollar prop.

And since in our sport the Athletes are really dumb only five have worked out that having a big motor is worth millions.

We will not find like for like, because the sport is bereft of a genuine fitness guys with big bodies and the AFB signing was a pay max price for an Australian in one of the most expensive positions in the game at the elite end.

The thing that does my head in is that these big motors are not genetic.

They are a training created thing which anyone can reach if they have it between their ears to be not afraid of cardio. Most big boys in our sport like that they don't have to do cardio like a hooker or back row forward.

That needs to change.

Maybe I need to open a camp for turning big boys into million dollar players based off hitting metrics.

The Warriors should basically throw out the old NSW cup prep model and forget wins and losses in the cup, re prioritize work ons to have cardio at the top.

You have hit the nail on the head. I guess the most important things are the attitude of the players and the skill sets and knowledge of the Coach/Trainer. At Manchester United Sir Alex Fergusson believed that work ethic and determination is a skill, just as much as speed and handling skills.

Coaches need to control what they can. Fitness is one thing that can be controlled.

You have hit the nail on the head. I guess the most important things are the attitude of the players and the skill sets and knowledge of the Coach/Trainer. At Manchester United Sir Alex Fergusson believed that work ethic and determination is a skill, just as much as speed and handling skills.

Coaches need to control what they can. Fitness is one thing that can be controlled.
I read a part of a book a year or so back about what made people successful, it was based on a study from a university, Harvard i think. It was pretty interesting as the only attribute that was a predictor of success was Grit, so being able to get knocked down by coming back with intent and not giving up. The study was done on sports people, corporates everything; was a lot in there about Marines and special forces as they spend a lot of money on picking people and training them up; they had spent a hell of a lot setting up a process to pick the best of the best to get to elite special forces - none of it worked, their picks dropped out at same rate as random picks - the ones that lasted were often not the best at anything but they had grit - which was tough to see/ pick. I would call it mental fortitude and will to win, they get knocked down but they get up again.