Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
The Warriors need to do what they tried to do with Luke for all players and staff. Tell them they are not needed. If they are able to able to get an offer at another NRL club in their position in first grade/same role as staff at another club, then try to retain them.

The only problem with this is:
1) We wont have besides probably RTS, Maumalo, Harris and Todd Payten left at the club.
2) Unfortunately its not easy to get rid of contracts, but that is the bed that the warriors have been sowing for so long now.

Shows you how far behind this club is in all aspects of being an NRL club.
For the players just stick them in reserve grade, and leave them there. It will work, believe me.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
For the players just stick them in reserve grade, and leave them there. It will work, believe me.
Perhaps. Didnt work for Eastwood at the Bulldogs though, or Tony Williams.

Besides, you need to have coaches willing to do that. We dont have that. Having balls should be a pre-requisite for the next coach.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Didnt work for Eastwood at the Bulldogs though, or Tony Williams.
It will for our girls. Elephants in the room do have advantages sometimes.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Unless their last name is Smith and then yes please .
Really? Mr Second Secret Contract, Mr Accuse Alex McKinnon Of Faking It, Mr Bitch At The Refs Every Set... Yeah, Nah.

Fails my No Dickheads policy.

Don't you think it's interesting that of Cronk, Slater and Smith only Cronk has had the nerve to see if he can be as good at another club?

And he's from Melbourne. If Dally Messenger had been from the Storm, I'd have told the world he was a cheating, crappy player. Which would have been my completely unbiased not-pre-conceived view on the subject.

...but for the salary cap...otherwise clearly not
Except if he's not signed anyone/got anyone to sign. With pre-season starting November 1 IIRC, it'd have to be signed and sealed by mid-October. I would not be sad to see Kearney walk through the Out door (incidentally, is his family still in Brisbane? If so, I'm surprised he's still here, success or not...), but only if someone better's coming through the In door. On that score, my glass is damn near empty, I have to say.

Perhaps. Didnt work for Eastwood at the Bulldogs though, or Tony Williams.

Besides, you need to have coaches willing to do that. We dont have that. Having balls should be a pre-requisite for the next coach.
And players good enough to replace those demoted. All this "we'll give the young players time, just so long as they play with commitment and heart" talk is just bullshit. Fans want success and now! You can get away with blooding one or two players every so often (which happens in Round 1 every season it seems to me), but more than that...

Reaction score
Pozza

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
meanwhile in Bondi they're putting the finishing touches on the extension to the trophy cabinet. I only wish....:rolleyes:

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
meanwhile in Bondi they're putting the finishing touches on the extension to the trophy cabinet. I only wish....:rolleyes:
I am hoping for a 30 year anniversary happy ending

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Just a reminder that this thread is for discussion on the old ARL/Autex ownership. For strictly Autex ownership please continue to post in the new thread. I have moved all relevant posts starting with the article bruce bruce posted 48 posts ago...

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I've been told that the spiders inhabiting the trophy cabinet at Mt Smart have been handed eviction notices and are as we speak packing their webs and sticking them in their bindles and walking away....

Just hope what's going to replace them isn't wooden and commonly used in cooking pikelets...

Reaction score
Swanley

Swanley

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think the most positive thing is that Autex has only really talked about changing things internally, none of this greatest franchise rubbish.

I just hope by it's not all talk.

Reaction score
wizards rage

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Just hope what's going to replace them isn't wooden and commonly used in cooking pikelets...
I know it’s simetimes used for stirring...

Top Bottom