• They Are Having A Negative Influcence On Players And Staff

• They are Blind To The Reality That's Going On

• They Have Priorities That Are Making Onfield Performance Difficult

• They Are Neglecting Their Core Duties As Owners

• They Are Doing Everything As Well As They Can And It's Not Their Fault

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aman

Aman

What’s the point in getting rid of managment who after so many years of failing and getting it wrong have finally got together and found succes on and off the field field? If there was someone better before they would have surely been in place. Don’t know much about the personal and professional nature of all these cats involved but things just felt like they were going in the right direction at the club. Back to the Stone Ages I suppose

Reactions: 2 users
jonno

jonno

Ummm I think we'd know the result, no need to.
I hear ya.

I also think it's easy for people on the other side of the debate to read through a couple of comments and dismiss them as only being the opinions of a couple of Warriors fans. Denial of reality is usually to blame for our troubles after all.

But if there's a poll with 99% voting one way, those couple of comments all of a sudden make perfect sense and the consequences of going against the will of the fans becomes crystal clear.

jonno

jonno

If Lowe is running the joint I'll probably be able to afford it myself in 5yrs.
Maybe this is Eric Watson's master plan, to allow the Fans to buy the club at a discount,,,, (just like he did) after Lowe and his buds fuck it up again.

Wishful thinking I know.:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

JaggedJ

You don't mess with a winning combination. Unless you're one of these spineless people who hates winning of course.

Will be interesting to see if the new owners have the balls to keep the Club at the top of their game.

Or if they make gutless decisions and then fold under the pressure when the bad luck of gutless decisions surely hits.

Can we put up a Brian Smith vs Graham Lowe poll?

Polls are so last year.

It's Lowe vs Smith live stream debate or nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
Sup42

Sup42

What is to fear ?

This is the organisation that has spearheaded Auckland Rugby League to be the bright light that it is in this town.

No one has accused them of ripping off Pokey machine money and such....

progress.

Mad Butcher for dietician...

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
jonno

jonno

To be fair - they have been live streaming the Fox games
Russell Packer got into trouble for live streaming at the roosters game way back when.;)

The ARL still think a live stream is what happens when someone is standing at the urinal
What happens if Lowe and Smith cross streams at the live stream?:p

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
snake77

snake77

Not sure how long Lowe has been involved with the ARL bid. He seemed to come into the frame quite late. Like others his involvement is concerning. He has had some more roles since then like being the CEO at Manly for a while, still I'd rather have our current CEO. As far as the football department is concerned he is well out of touch.

Like others the lines in the article about Cameron George and Brian Smith are concerning. We are finally turning things around and these two although behind the scenes would be a big part in that turn around.

It would be good to get more details on the ARL CPHT's plans. Are they going to use the Warriors to prop up the local comp? Sure a strong local competition is good for the club but an NRL club is expensive and profits from the club should be reinvested in the club.

How are they going to make the local game stronger? They be doing that anyway so why is the Warriors so important to that plan?

Reactions: 1 users
snake77

snake77

The main thing with any owner is how much are they willing to invest in the club.

It took Glenn coming on board to get some improvements around the club like the gym that was lacking. To give you an indication of how bad the old equipment was I had a trainer tell me he was offered all of the old equipment for free and he still didn't want it.

They want to decrease the amount of youngsters moving across to Australia. Their plans on this will be interesting, stopping the Jersey Flegg etc would mean at the moment those players would look to move across. Strong age group and a semi professional competition in Auckland would be fantastic and would help the club. But how many years would we be from getting to that point?

Reactions: 4 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Not sure how long Lowe has been involved with the ARL bid. He seemed to come into the frame quite late. Like others his involvement is concerning. He has had some more roles since then like being the CEO at Manly for a while, still I'd rather have our current CEO. As far as the football department is concerned he is well out of touch.

Like others the lines in the article about Cameron George and Brian Smith are concerning. We are finally turning things around and these two although behind the scenes would be a big part in that turn around.

It would be good to get more details on the ARL CPHT's plans. Are they going to use the Warriors to prop up the local comp? Sure a strong local competition is good for the club but an NRL club is expensive and profits from the club should be reinvested in the club.

How are they going to make the local game stronger? They be doing that anyway so why is the Warriors so important to that plan?
The main thing with any owner is how much are they willing to invest in the club.

It took Glenn coming on board to get some improvements around the club like the gym that was lacking. To give you an indication of how bad the old equipment was I had a trainer tell me he was offered all of the old equipment for free and he still didn't want it.

They want to decrease the amount of youngsters moving across to Australia. Their plans on this will be interesting, stopping the Jersey Flegg etc would mean at the moment those players would look to move across. Strong age group and a semi professional competition in Auckland would be fantastic and would help the club. But how many years would we be from getting to that point?
You make some very valid points. Ones that I have been struggling to understand myself. Initially the ARL say that numbers in the local game are diminishing. They say Warriors results are a key driver of that, though how that makes apparently up to 800. players move to Australia and England I am unsure of. They say they are buying the Warriors and will use them to help fund a semi professional league in Auckland to help address this. Now this just doesn't add up to me. League, rugby union and cricket have all been declining in numbers over recent times. I don't think the Warriors are to blame for all of that. In fact, there are a few factors that are contributing to it. A change in the mix of immigrants coming here, a societal change, an increase in other sports. So, I don't see how a semi professional league addresses that. I also don't understand why the ARL haven't implemented this before now if this is indeed the answer. They could have but chose not to. Instead, increasing their debt to buy a club which I can only summise they plan to use cashflow from to prop up their organisation and this throwback to the past semi pro league idea.

It doesn't bode well for the actual Warriors club itself, particularly if they are going to cut the newly entered junior teams in the Australian competitions.

Last edited:
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Good luck ARL. Please dont fuck it up (again!).

If this goes pearshaped it could cripple the game and that to me is more worrying than the Warriors getting offloaded again.

BeastMode

BeastMode

If you email Doyle now his email address is already on auto reply saying he has ceased his role and to email another warriors contact on anything Warriors.
Ruthless.

Fucking Bruce must be over the moon....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I have a horrible sinking feeling about this, hope like hell the ARL have learnt but Lowe sniffing around makes me think they haven’t...

Reactions: 2 users
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

In an ideal world I guess you'd keep Brian Smith in his current role. Then have Graham Lowe in an ambassadorial role, being a figurehead promoting the club and schmoozing the corporates and others on match and sponsorship days