TeamList Warriors vs Manly - [Round 6, 2024]

Just a cursory look at the draw suggests that this is quite a high stakes game for round 6. Whoever wins this can go on a run and cement a position at the top of the ladder over the next few weeks leading up to origin. After this, we play Dragons (away), Titans (Home), Knights (away), Roosters (away). Conversely manly have titans (away), eels (home), raiders (home), Dolphins (away). Based on current form, incredibly likely that the team that wins goes 4/4 after this game.
Most years I'd agree looking at the two club's draws, but this season's so bipolar form and stats go out the window.
If we lose to Manly we can easily go on a 4 game streak and smash the chooks. Manly can just as easily beat us and get wasted by eels, raider, dolphins.
I don't think there's any Manly hoodo, we beat them twice in 2020, cherry's got us a few times with his clutch field goals. Such a hard one to pick this time but I doubt we'll get flogged. We've got the brains to out-think DCE now, which was always our achilles heel against him.

Webby addressed this in a press conference today or yesterday saying SJ just has a niggle and will return to training tomorrow and will play.
looked like he twinged his hammy after scoring his second try. Looked a little uncomfortable and tried to stretch it out. Hopefully nothing to serious. The old fulla has a shit pair of hammys nowadays.

and Newshub, TVNZ + the entire mainstream media are baffled why their trust scores have tanked under water in just 2-3 years

Look at the misinformation and riling up the listeners even in just sport discussions.... this is a long time league journo? Freddy's so lucky his lawyers got it down to 4 weeks!
Nah. If Ilias doesn't get hurt, it wouldn't have even been a penalty. Unlucky to get 4 weeks. Hilarious thinking linking this to media trust issues. I'm no fan of the media, but that's largely a result of low IQ's following absurd social media news about shit like chemtrails and vaccines.

Assuming SJ is fit, we deal with Manly this weekend. Considering they're almost full strength, that's impressive. We're carrying a lot of injuries. Go the boys.

What?

You’re probably right but what???? 😂
Roger three years ago played wing to allow Reece to go fullback and Roger was a disaster defensively and jammed in up to 40 metres away from his sideline. He had no idea how to play wing after being a full back so long. On Saturday he also looked like he didn't want to stay out on the wing, It is not his Jam anymore.

Looking at the make up of the 18-22 bench, four outside backs incl Taine and a prop.
Is there a little doubt still over Dallin and maybe Charnze.
Or is one of the the others carrying a niggle.
If SJ doesn’t play(and I would rest him if he has a niggle) Chanel starts, Jazz is hooker cover and Zion comes into the 17, unless Pompey is forward cover too.
I think we can still win.

Roger three years ago played wing to allow Reece to go fullback and Roger was a disaster defensively and jammed in up to 40 metres away from his sideline. He had no idea how to play wing after being a full back so long. On Saturday he also looked like he didn't want to stay out on the wing, It is not his Jam anymore.
Was he purely playing wing? With his positioning it seemed like he was given permission to roam and float infield during the first half. Second half this didnt appear to be the case.

We've been very cautious but does seem like he will play.

But there is not much to be read in the extended bench - pretty much all who are available are there!
Almost too cautious. He is the one guy that we really can't replace at this stage. CHT could still do a respectable job but SJ's long kicking game is crucial to our domination of field position in our games this year. Neither CHT or TMM have particularly big boots from what I can see. Give him whatever injection he needs but he needs to play.

Nah. If Ilias doesn't get hurt, it wouldn't have even been a penalty. Unlucky to get 4 weeks. Hilarious thinking linking this to media trust issues. I'm no fan of the media, but that's largely a result of low IQ's following absurd social media news about shit like chemtrails and vaccines.

Assuming SJ is fit, we deal with Manly this weekend. Considering they're almost full strength, that's impressive. We're carrying a lot of injuries. Go the boys.

Did you miss the whole paragraph where the reporter said Metcalf “the kicker” was injured in the same type of play as Ilias lol, I don’t remember him being charged down causing the break

And study found kiwis trust of NZ media dropped from 53% to 33% in 3 years, are you saying 2/3 of kiwis have low IQ? 😂🤷‍♂️ Anyway I digress

Did you miss the whole paragraph where the reporter said Metcalf “the kicker” was injured in the same type of play as Ilias lol, I don’t remember him being charged down causing the break

And study found kiwis trust of NZ media dropped from 53% to 33% in 3 years, are you saying 2/3 of kiwis have low IQ? 😂🤷‍♂️ Anyway I digress

so much fake news all around the world.

so much fake news all around the world.
Yup, and the said new study stated NZ is now well below international average of 40%

IMG_2568.jpeg

Any body language experts want to interpret the moment he touched his nose when responding to SJs injury.

Anyway hopefully theres pics of him training tomorrow.
Doesn't touching your nose mean it's a secret, could also be an illuminati sign. The third possibility is the worst, we could be talking witchcraft.

Last edited:
Back