• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F---

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meninga’s main job would be to get Mitchell to step up or push him out.

That needs addressing before any rebuild can happen and Meninga is one of the few with the mana to sort him out.

And if he doesn't step up? Got to find a club to take him and that's
assuming South's don't pay freight.
Getting him to step up means calling him out when he isn't which reduces other clubs wanting an overpaid, under achieving, potentially disruptive player on their books.

also got Walker there until 2025....

Good luck.

This Meninga thing is a bit out of the blue. I can see him as a man manager for some of their key players. He would need good assistants as he doesn't come off as a technical coach. That would be needed week to week.

Not sure if Bennett would go back there. The Dolphins move was partly to move back to Queensland and also to help get them off the ground. Any other side he goes to he'd want a team that the roster is in decent shape that a few new players could get them a premiership. He would still want to go for the premiership at a third club.

Getting him to step up means calling him out when he isn't which reduces other clubs wanting an overpaid, under achieving, potentially disruptive player on their books.

Good luck.
Titans be crazy not to take him if they have the budget.

This Meninga thing is a bit out of the blue. I can see him as a man manager for some of their key players. He would need good assistants as he doesn't come off as a technical coach. That would be needed week to week.

Not sure if Bennett would go back there. The Dolphins move was partly to move back to Queensland and also to help get them off the ground. Any other side he goes to he'd want a team that the roster is in decent shape that a few new players could get them a premiership. He would still want to go for the premiership at a third club.
And Bennett always manages to take a few of his better players with him which is a great attraction to a potential club

Which reminded me he did go on Fox and called us the best looking side so far while doing the video reviews

Didn't see that Egan/CNK play with our Diamond Spine bulldozing through their line though 🤣
The best looking side. Is that our nice new jerseys or the boys.

Jokes aside it is good seeing clubs having to do home work on our tactics instead of a few players that can pull off freak plays.

Now they need to try and find formations we use and if they can figure out if any pattern to who Johnson selects with his passes. Or reducing the time Johnson has to pick his ideal support runner.

Usually these post match threads die off as everyone moves off to the next game. Souths are such a basket case at the moment we really did a number on them.

All this talk on their performance on the weekend they were up against the mighty Warriors.
That's what I was thinking, they're just over-reacting to a clinic by the best team this year, and the obvious answer to all of this is to kick Souths the out of the comp.

After the last 10 years or so I'm glad it's not us anymore. Ours has to be big to get the Sydney media discussing it, usually more local media.

The Tigers are also probably relieved they get a bit of time off from the media talking about their issues.
Until they look at the ladder

Yeah, I'm in two minds. We have been in that same position over the last 10-12 years ourselves so I gave sympathy for other clubs fans going through this.

In the other hand it is South's .
I like the blokes who do the Rabittohs TV calls, they can't help it if Latrell's a grub, or troubled or whatever's wrong with him. Never liked Burgess though, any of them. Although I suppose George is quite nice. Can't stand Russ le Rock, what a dickhead, hates the Warriors, although I suppose A Beautiful Mind was quite good.

The best looking side. Is that our nice new jerseys or the boys.

Jokes aside it is good seeing clubs having to do home work on our tactics instead of a few players that can pull off freak plays.

Now they need to try and find formations we use and if they can figure out if any pattern to who Johnson selects with his passes. Or reducing the time Johnson has to pick his ideal support runner.

The beauty of what I'm seeing is that it can't really be worked out.

SJ is given minimal 2 targets every time he receives the ball, sometimes 3 or more options available.

He only needs to pick the right option which he has shown he is extremely skilled at doing.

It seems the best tactic so far is a rushing type defence - everyone up fast. Problem for Souths was their middle is so soft we didn't need to go wide!

I can see us winning the most games of any team by 6 - 8 points this year. Tight tussles built on defence.

Good luck.
I think the first option is to try to get him back on track. He’s devastating when he’s on form.

I believe his problem stems from a lost love of the game and flows into poor training which leads to poor fitness; frustration; anger and the attitude. Mal, as a motivator could get that love back.

Failing that, he can’t be meeting fitness KPI’s. You put it back on him, you need to be at this level doing these things and you’re not there mate. Again, Mal has the mana that Mitchel would take it on board.

By season end if the attitude hasn’t changed it’s an honesty session of you find a new club; go to England; or you get dropped to reserves. Contracts won’t mean much and a cellar dweller will take him onboard as an act of desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back