TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Complete opposite to my team. And seeing Jazz is a shock. But I think maybe I get it.

The article about Eels v Penrith is Parra just attacked. Off the 1st kick off. Pass it wide and offload. And don’t stop.

Webby has picked the most up tempo team he can. That’s the most mobile team we’ve got that can all play big minutes.

My guess is we’ll start like a bat out of hell and try and maintain that for 80.

Whats most important is we haven’t even touched the ceiling yet, so win or lose our trajectory is still heading skyward.

Will we see them go up another level?

I’d have our forward pack (and Marata) over Penriths any day…..some bonafide killers right there.

This is gonna be a long ass 4 sleeps,

Last edited:
Forum,

Mark my words - we will play the performance of our lives on Saturday. This Wahs team will be primed and in my opinion, this is set up by design by Webby.

Penrith are who we have wanted in the first game of the finals - and judging by Webby’s smile after the Phins game, he’s set this up strategically.

Let’s dissect.
1. Wahs have not played with their expansive game since before the third bye. We put the cue in the rack from some of our attacking plays and the last 5 weeks we have engineered grinding wins, learning how to win ugly. Behind closed doors, I reckon they have been developing plays to counter the defensive ploys team developed to counter our game from the beginning of the season. Be prepared to see some expansive plays and things we haven’t seen for 7 or 8 rounds.
At the same time, winning ugly if we have to is now ingrained in us. We can get into the arm wrestle and win rather than rely on shock and awe.

2. Jazz - the bald brothers haven’t played together for weeks. Jazz was held back against the Phins - he was ready and amping to get on the field. Clearly, something is up with how he will play against Penrith. Probably 30-40 minutes max I’d say. Now what we will likely see is Tohu move into prop when Jazz and DWalks come on, with Walker playing 13. Speed is the key to what we do.

3. We rested our entire spine bar TMM who needed the blow out. I’m picking this team has been putting plans together for 2 weeks on Penrith. Funny, Justin Morgan was on SENZ talking up playing the Broncos and said ‘they may have someone looking at Penny just in case’. That this away comment was interesting. In fact, I suspect it was the complete reverse. They’ve designed a plan specifically for this game, specifically against the Panthers. And our spine I bet will have this plan burned into their psyche by now.

5. And who was Assistant Coach there for the last few years? Webby knows them better than anyone. He knows their plays, calls, style, weaknesses and how they can be beaten. We have a comprehensive plan here and winning this gets us so close to the big dance. A home prelim would be unprecedented. If we are going to win it all, we need gas in the tank and the shortest distance to that goal is getting a prelim at home - we will not lose that match. So this game is literally our first ‘grand final’ as it unlocks the door to the edge of the promised land.

7. Private Jet? We are executing a pre planned victory strategy here people. This is not a decision made on a whim. We’ve dead set planned everything including making the most seamless travel arrangements. The entire week has been mapped probably to the minute. I swear this is a big sign..

8. AFB has been building his fitness to play 70 minutes in a semi. He’s played within himself in recent games - but has added miles to the clock. I expect a monster, dominant performance.

I could go on. But in essence, watch the body language of the team this week. Watch the little mannerisms and the look in their eyes. Forget what they say, look at the focus, the confidence and the swagger.

We have already been written off by all media (as per usual). I reckon there is something special cooking here.

Do you dare to dream? 4pm on a Saturday afternoon in Penrith - hard and fast pitch. Team built for speed.

deadset, if we get what I think will happen, this will be one of the greatest matches in our clubs history.

Wahs in a statement performance by 8.

UP THE FKN WAHS!!!!!

Really good post.
I have been wondering how much foxing has been going on

Complete opposite to my team. And seeing Jazz is a shock. But I think maybe I get it.

The article about Eels v Penrith is Parra just attacked. Off the 1st kick off. Pass it wide and offload. And don’t stop.

Webby has picked the most up tempo team he can. That’s the most mobile team we’ve got that can all play big minutes.

My guess is we’ll start like a bat out of hell and try and maintain that for 80.
Yep I think so too

Throw every thing and the kitchen shrink at the start and see if we get a lucky bounce or a call go our way

That looked like the attitude when we played the Storm and Penrith earlier in the season... no pressure, we’re mass underdogs so go out there and leave nothing in the tank..

Forum,

Mark my words - we will play the performance of our lives on Saturday. This Wahs team will be primed and in my opinion, this is set up by design by Webby.

Penrith are who we have wanted in the first game of the finals - and judging by Webby’s smile after the Phins game, he’s set this up strategically.

Let’s dissect.
1. Wahs have not played with their expansive game since before the third bye. We put the cue in the rack from some of our attacking plays and the last 5 weeks we have engineered grinding wins, learning how to win ugly. Behind closed doors, I reckon they have been developing plays to counter the defensive ploys team developed to counter our game from the beginning of the season. Be prepared to see some expansive plays and things we haven’t seen for 7 or 8 rounds.
At the same time, winning ugly if we have to is now ingrained in us. We can get into the arm wrestle and win rather than rely on shock and awe.

2. Jazz - the bald brothers haven’t played together for weeks. Jazz was held back against the Phins - he was ready and amping to get on the field. Clearly, something is up with how he will play against Penrith. Probably 30-40 minutes max I’d say. Now what we will likely see is Tohu move into prop when Jazz and DWalks come on, with Walker playing 13. Speed is the key to what we do.

3. We rested our entire spine bar TMM who needed the blow out. I’m picking this team has been putting plans together for 2 weeks on Penrith. Funny, Justin Morgan was on SENZ talking up playing the Broncos and said ‘they may have someone looking at Penny just in case’. That this away comment was interesting. In fact, I suspect it was the complete reverse. They’ve designed a plan specifically for this game, specifically against the Panthers. And our spine I bet will have this plan burned into their psyche by now.

5. And who was Assistant Coach there for the last few years? Webby knows them better than anyone. He knows their plays, calls, style, weaknesses and how they can be beaten. We have a comprehensive plan here and winning this gets us so close to the big dance. A home prelim would be unprecedented. If we are going to win it all, we need gas in the tank and the shortest distance to that goal is getting a prelim at home - we will not lose that match. So this game is literally our first ‘grand final’ as it unlocks the door to the edge of the promised land.

7. Private Jet? We are executing a pre planned victory strategy here people. This is not a decision made on a whim. We’ve dead set planned everything including making the most seamless travel arrangements. The entire week has been mapped probably to the minute. I swear this is a big sign..

8. AFB has been building his fitness to play 70 minutes in a semi. He’s played within himself in recent games - but has added miles to the clock. I expect a monster, dominant performance.

I could go on. But in essence, watch the body language of the team this week. Watch the little mannerisms and the look in their eyes. Forget what they say, look at the focus, the confidence and the swagger.

We have already been written off by all media (as per usual). I reckon there is something special cooking here.

Do you dare to dream? 4pm on a Saturday afternoon in Penrith - hard and fast pitch. Team built for speed.

deadset, if we get what I think will happen, this will be one of the greatest matches in our clubs history.

UP THE FKN WAHS!!!!!

Yeah this or we get pumped by +20

1693902333303.jpeg

Penrith forum.
we been gassed all month.

Not worth the read honestly lol, I went through it last night and there’s probably all of 2 posts about us (consisting of us getting beat 50 zip) 95% of the rest is a feud between themselves regarding Soni Luke’s “Hopoate manoeuvre”

Would make the win even more sweet to see that echo-chamber blow up

This dude picks the the Warriors....sorry the Wahs

The players always know who is playing regardless of the team list

Stating the obvious.

Of course the players know, what has that to do with what you posted about mind games....coz look at that team, no mind games.

This is finals time, no team is going to change their plans because Ford is starting over Curran or some random comes in from the extended bench.

BTW the coach telling you I am naming you but so and so is gonna play instead is bad management in a finals team, and poor form on families and friends that have to keep it quiet till game day instead of enjoying this special time....especially the family of the player that is getting dropped an hour before kick off. What terrible thing to put family through, all the congratulating they have to endure knowing their loved one is not even playing.

Lastly it looks weak if you need to play little mind games at this time of the year, surely this is when you lay your cards on the table and say what are you gonna do about it?

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not a fan of the bench make up.

We are missing leg-drive impact off the bench.

Ford showed that a few weeks ago but they have gone away from that.

Barnett has shown that many times, and he just ain't a starting prop.

Hard with all available but I would start Bunty, move Barnett to the bench, swap Curran and Ford and either Jazz or Siro to make way - probably Siro
You know I think you are right about Barnett but Bunty has been a bit down lately even last weekend maybe a niggle

We still need two props

Penrith forum.
we been gassed all month.
We had a bye recently and were able to rest players, we also had a good run with less travel towards the end of the season with a string of home games and the Tigers game in Hamilton.

Our form to close out the season has been a bit of a concern. That could just be due to the night conditions in NZ. Time will tell.

By the end of any season if any club should be gassed it is us due to the travel. It is what it is. Finals time that becomes a bit more crucial losing prep time compared to our opponents. If the club could afford it private flights for finals should be a permanent thing. The boys would love it.

Can understand the Panthers fans being confident. They have won 2 premierships and also lost a GF recently. They have been the team to beat for a while now.

They will be tough to beat.

Forum,

Let’s dissect.

UP THE FKN W

Forum,

Let’s dissect.

UP THE FKN WAHS!!!!!
absolutely love this post bro . really makes you believe that we can do it (y)

Back