Warriors

Kickoff In:

Apollo Projects Stadium

Friday
Night
20:00

Raiders

Team Lists

Did they (Wahs) work out they can put up bombs for RTS inside the 20-30m zone and Berry for outside 30m?

Drive through the middle they literally have weapons both sides as shown in the last game, did they throw any shapes on the left edge at Melbourne? The one where RTS made a huge run?

Agree with Blair. So far this year Roger’s looked best in his stint at FB against the dolphins. I’m not saying he should take Charnze’s jersey but centres an easy position to play, he doesnt need too much time there to find his feet at centre.
I’ve said it before but I dont think Webby should’ve been so adamant about Roger being a centre and pretty much 3rd string fullback.

Disagree about Pompey, yes he’s solid but we want to win it this year and we need better than solid, multiple times he’s beaten because he’s too slow unfortunately, if he had pace would be one of the best centres in the game.

Agree with Blair. So far this year Roger’s looked best in his stint at FB against the dolphins. I’m not saying he should take Charnze’s jersey but centres an easy position to play, he doesnt need too much time there to find his feet at centre.
I’ve said it before but I dont think Webby should’ve been so adamant about Roger being a centre and pretty much 3rd string fullback.

Disagree about Pompey, yes he’s solid but we want to win it this year and we need better than solid, multiple times he’s beaten because he’s too slow unfortunately, if he had pace would be one of the best centres in the game.
Centre is not an easy position to play, especially defensively.

Slade Griffin -

"Egan, we're pretty confident this week"

"Don't take my word as gospel but I'm hopeful maybe next week for Marata. Don't quite know about Charnze. His one is a tricky one from what I've heard so well see how it goes"

Bit different from what we've already heard.

Shiet that's a bit of a worry.

So, if it all goes well were looking at:

Egan - Week 3, maaaybe week 4.
Marata - Week 4, probably week 5 tho.
CNK - longer than those 2 :(

Do we think it’s appropriate that Blair who is a current coach in the warriors system is questioning the head coaches selections? This is coming from a guy who has limited to no success as a coach, and within the same organisation? What good does this do for our rookie Tuaupiki (who has been outstanding imo; given his age, experience and the two opponents he’s come up against) & his confidence? Going to the media questioning your essential boss is not a good look, whether it’s correct or not. Roger has played two games at centre & has looked excellent. Charnze is a gun fullback & has been incredible for us, and won the man of the match in the Aussie demolition. This really pisses me off tbh. Keep it in-house if your thoughts are opposite to your head coach instead of chasing clickbait.

Do we think it’s appropriate that Blair who is a current coach in the warriors system is questioning the head coaches selections? This is coming from a guy who has limited to no success as a coach, and within the same organisation? What good does this do for our rookie Tuaupiki (who has been outstanding imo; given his age, experience and the two opponents he’s come up against) & his confidence? Going to the media questioning your essential boss is not a good look, whether it’s correct or not. Roger has played two games at centre & has looked excellent. Charnze is a gun fullback & has been incredible for us, and won the man of the match in the Aussie demolition. This really pisses me off tbh. Keep it in-house if your thoughts are opposite to your head coach instead of chasing clickbait.
Yeah I agree it's inappropriate.

But unfortunately that's the rugby league world we live in with the line between Club employee and media personality being incredibly blurred.

Phil Gould being with the Bulldogs + a commentator + Channel 9 show/podcast is a worse scenario. As is the Braith Anasta Fox role + player agent.

Yeah I agree it's inappropriate.

But unfortunately that's the rugby league world we live in with the line between Club employee and media personality being incredibly blurred.

Phil Gould being with the Bulldogs + a commentator + Channel 9 show/podcast is a worse scenario. As is the Braith Anasta Fox role + player agent.
Agreed but what grounds does Blair have to stand on with no success as a coach, questioning the reigning dally m coach of the year. He looks like an idiot.

Adam Blair isn't the SG Ball Coach/a part of the football department anymore

Maybe not ideal for him if he was hoping to get back into the team set-up again, but he can dribble all he wants now really

He needs the clickbait as a sports hack now he has failed as a coach.

lol reading through the thread so Adam has moved on from 2 coaching gigs (Maori, SG Warriors) within 2 years and he's publicly coaching Webby how to coach 🤣

Pretty sure his spot will be taken by SJ when he retires lol

Didn't he have a show like cross the ditch or something and that seems to be done after 1 season? Monty's Once a Warrior was so good he's doing the 2nd season (or 3rd?), he's pretty smart now interviewing current Warriors pretty sure that's what the consumers want right now

Just thinking about the last 2 games we're actually playing better than this time last year but against better teams going down 0:2

Guess as a fan and coach that's ok results will come if they're consistent and it's better than playing average get lucky wins and implode mid way like Souths or Broncos the year before

We had issues starting games and played solid for 40-50 min per game to beat mid teams until the Sharks game, and this year we've gone from 20 to 37 minutes in R2 and the whole 2nd half kick and chase game vs Melbourne and results were so much better and threatening than the corresponding game last year against them, remember when we went behind SJ kicked to them about 15x with no results but this time we got 2 tries as results of kicks and dominated the territory

This same team had the Storm beaten til that last try so no complaints here.
The depth players are improving by the game, great for future injuries or suspensions.
Should roll the Raiders easily IMO.. however Sticky will try and upset our game plan probably use a bit of grubbyness but I think we gone past falling for that shit.... up the wahs

Back