General Anthony Joshua vs Joseph Parker 2018 (1 Viewer)

Who will win?

• Joseph Parker

• Anthony Joshua

Results are only viewable after voting.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Parkers last few fights he hasnt had the power to finish opponents, and he hasnt looked convincing. He lacks power and his feet look like theyre stuck in concrete. Joshua has immense power by comparison.

I saw Parker on tv tonight saying he doesnt care if he loses, I'm pretty sure they know hes a huge underdog and is probably going to lose. He really should have split from Barry years ago, Barry turns punchers into plodders.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Had to laugh when I heard Higgins told Parker to lay off the steroid allegations as it was a bit too far. The last few years Duco have been doing most of the shit talking for their camp and it's been pretty embarrassing. The fighter does it himself and it's "Hey Joe that's a bit out of line". Higgins even said it wasn't his idea, do they have meetings about their trash talk?o_O

Good to see Parker has said he went too far and was just reacting to the king of pies comment. Sure Mayweather in boxing and McGregor in MMA have shown trash talk can lead to big money and some hostility can lead to more PPV buys. But Joshua already sells out big stadiums and generates enough business. If you can't trash talk very well best to leave it and go the route these two usually do train hard and let their work in the ring do the talking.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Joshua is Goliath.

Ten foot tall built like Thor hits like a hammer.

Parker has punches that are much faster than anything Joshua throws.

Parker has crisp genuine right and left hand speed.

Parkers right hand has some power. Enough power to disrupt Joshua.

Parkers body shot is heavy and much underrated.

Anthony Joshua on the other hand is a giant with tremendous power in both hands.

Joshua has natural skill and looks like a Marvel Comic character..

JP is a shy sort of person who will look up to Joshua and probably not rate his own chances.

Parker has a chance of beating Joshua where Tua stood zero chance against Lewis.

Parker may be well behind in knock out power and size and skill.....but don't forget Parker has at least the chin to match anyone in the division.( this is no Duco invention Parker can survive big shots).

Lastly Parker is an endurance fighter. A genuine 12 round fighter where others struggle to the twelfth Parker looks fit as.

Joshuas either going to knock Parker out early or find himself frustrated by an earnest faster twelve round fighter who is hard to knockout.

I've always rated Parker highly.

He deserves this. I hope Joe pushes Joshua to the brink.....great chance for an underdog feel good against a Monster.

Can Parker get inside AJ's massive reach advantage?

He has quite comfortably against similar height fighters so you can't dismiss threat he could offer.

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Knowing Parker the first time he and AJ exchange heavy shots.....Parker will definitely be keen to stand for a toe to toe and brawl.

Parkers a true scrapper.

Reactions: bruce

Dan S

Waterboy
Jan 16, 2018
For me it comes down to Kevin Barry vs Joshua's trainer. Before the Tua/Lewis fight Lewis's trainer said they had Tua completely figured out. All his foot positioning for each punch and there's no way Tua could get inside. Sadly turned out to be the case.. Does Barry have the knowledge to bring the right strategy and game plan/s to beat Joshua?

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
For me it comes down to Kevin Barry vs Joshua's trainer. Before the Tua/Lewis fight Lewis's trainer said they had Tua completely figured out. All his foot positioning for each punch and there's no way Tua could get inside. Sadly turned out to be the case.. Does Barry have the knowledge to bring the right strategy and game plan/s to beat Joshua?
Barry wasn't Tua's trainer for the Lewis fight, Ronnie Shields was I'm sure. I remember watching an interview before the fight where Emanuel Steward (Lewis trainer) mentioned that his only concern with Tua against his fighter was the high quality of Shields coaching and not Tua's knockout power. Tua was unlucky to get his only shot at the title against the best heavyweight and best boxing trainer of his generation.

But Barry and that idiot manager that was walking around bare foot in a suit with toe rings to the press conferences, were an embarrassment to the Tua camp leading up to the fight. It was always going to end up bad with Barry taking over his training later on, Barry just seems a bit simple. Tua's whole image changed under their direction too, he got more showy with the gladiator dress thingy instead or wearing shorts, silly haircuts etc. Such a waste of talent.

Last edited:

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Barry wasn't Tua's trainer for the Lewis fight, Ronnie Shields was I'm sure. I remember watching an interview before the fight where Emanuel Steward (Lewis trainer) mentioned that his only concern with Tua against his fighter was the high quality of Shields coaching and not Tua's knockout power. Tua was unlucky to get his only shot at the title against the best heavyweight and best boxing trainer of his generation.

But Barry and that idiot manager that was walking around bare foot in a suit with toe rings to the press conferences, were an embarrassment to the Tua camp leading up to the fight. It was always going to end up bad with Barry taking over his training later on, Barry just seems a bit simple. Tua's whole image changed under their direction too, he got more showy with the gladiator dress thingy instead or wearing shorts, silly haircuts etc. Such a waste of talent.
When Kevin Barry's version of Tua started talking about himself in the third person ' David Tua' had become lost on lots of levels.

Reactions: YeahNah 4020

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
JP team are making him look so arrogant in the press talks.
JP aint nothing like how they are talking.
I know they trying to sell the fight.
As long as we know JP is a good humble man.

Reactions: mt.wellington

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
This sums it up for me.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11976741
Chris Rattue: Why Joseph Parker has already lost to Anthony Joshua
David Higgins better take the money and run after Joseph Parker steps up against an angry Anthony Joshua in Cardiff.

Parker will likely go down the way All Black lock Andy Haden toppled from a lineout in the same city 40 years ago, and in both cases, the fall from grace would be called self-inflicted.

If Parker does unravel, hell will have no fury like a nation who feels a young man with a chance of making history had tragically fallen into the wrong hands.

Joshua and his handlers have come across as composed and confident as Parker's manager Higgins positioned himself expertly as the Blunder From Down Under.

Joshua's manager Eddie Hearn had no trouble humiliating the Parker camp, taunting Higgins by declaring — quite correctly — that Parker's manager wasn't prepared to fully repeat his claims about Joshua when seated so close to the WBA/IBF heavyweight belt holder.

Higgins still had some hot air in his tank, unfortunately. When you consider the manner of Joshua's win over Klitschko against the way Parker has stumbled around most recently against training fodder, Higgins' claim that his fighter was mentally tougher is laughable.

Parker's fans can only hope that trainer Kevin Barry is running a camp at odds with the big top which the public is getting to see. The Parker strategy makes no sense, putting Joshua and his allegedly weak chin on red alert and totally desperate to avoid any humiliation.

It's hard to know if it is actually a strategy at all. Higgins' antics at a press conference last year came after he had imbibed alcohol. Parker's steroid-accusation bomb did not sound thought out at all, although intriguingly it must reflect conversations from behind the tent flap.

Higgins has now kept the vaudeville act going, feigning shock that his supposed analysis of an opponent had not been greeted well by the English boxing scene.

In other words, the grossly inexperienced Joseph Parker is in very new territory, in a strange land, and appears seriously distracted while dabbling with different personality traits as his date with destiny draws near.

Has any of this been okayed by trainer Barry, or is he even consulted? He is, after all, the only member of the Big Three in Camp Parker with any experience even close to this level.

The Olympic silver medallist was involved in maybe the most stunning sporting break-up New Zealand has witnessed, when his relationship with another heavyweight contender David Tua turned excruciatingly sour. Higgins and Parker are said to be close, but I wouldn't put money on that camp holding together either.
While Higgins appeared surprised by Parker's steroids claim made in a Radio Sportinterview, it is actually Higgins who has created the sort of circus which encouraged Parker to play like a clown.

If Parker ends up at Joshua's feet at grandiosely titled Principality Stadium, then much of the blame for this fiasco is going to end up at Higgins' door.

The Duco man, seeing himself as a superstar impresario, tried to take centre stage in London today, but was easily picked off by Joshua who knows a publicity stunt when he sees it.
What first appeared to those who didn't hear the initial interview as an extraordinary drugs-cheat claim against the man regarded by most as the best boxer on the planet turned out to be an offhand retaliation against a Joshua jibe - a line actually delivered by TV host Graham Norton.

Troops, there is a huge difference between claiming someone has eaten too many pies and suggesting an opponent is a drugs cheat.
The Higgins-Parker show has been confused and contrived. The Parker campaign has lacked dignity and most importantly common sense.

The claims against Joshua, the denigration of his ability, have been made up nonsense about a fighter who beat one of the best, even if Wladimir Klitschko was past his best.

It has only got worse in recent days. If Parker had been willing to try to substantiate his steroids claim against Joshua, then this fight and the atmosphere around it would be on a different track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings