I think its pretty rough on the guy. I hope he is picked and has a solid game. Problem is he probably feels like he needs to play like a superstar every time he gets the ball just to prove something in his 6 minutes on the field at the end of the game. Hopefully he doesn't have the same feeling about this game - that its is one chance to show something or he is booted down the list. The one thing we know with this forum is that people hate the hell out of someone until they do something good then its love love love until they do something not that good eg. all those SK haters before we became 5-0 and then the rumblings started again once we lost last week. Hopefully he has a solid game.

Judging by Gelling's highlights reel he runs some decent lines playing at centre and can definitely finish well. He looks to have a bit of speed too.

What we have seen from him so far has been a bit meh. However, the fact of the matter is that he's only been given limited minutes thus far, and I agree with others that he might just be trying to do a little too much in those limited minutes in an attempt to stamp his mark. If that's the case, I hope Kearney has stressed to Gelling the importance of not overplaying his hand and to just focus on doing the basics well.

If he is named to start, I wish him all the best. He will have his work cut out for him and I only hope that he comes ready with his A game.

This might sound however it sounds but his performances so far have been shit.

His potential is obviously seen by SK so despite my sarcastic name calling him "THE AWESOMENESS" there he is in the team either on the bench as backline insurance or starting next to Ken.

Here's hoping he's been standing in between Ken and Green during deep breathing practice just to get that bond to the point they would tackle for each other.

everyone so quick to judge, he played 5 minutes (yes he looked sloppy) but as a team it was one of our worst games all year and that was before gelling was introduced. if ayshford can get away with playing week in week out last season then i think we will be fine for a couple games with gelling. give the lad a chance. some people on here saying he looks like the worst center theyve ever seen is fucking ridiculous lol

"Early career
Gelling is of Cook Islander and Māori descent. Gelling was a Howick Hornets junior.

In 2009 and 2010 Gelling played for Sydney Roosters in the Toyota Cup. In September 2010 he was sacked by Roosters along with team mate Samuel Brunton after they were accused of defecating in their hotel room.

In 2011 Gelling returned to New Zealand, joining Auckland Vulcans and his old club, Howick Hornets. Hornets won the 2011 Fox Memorial competition that year. He was named in the Counties Manukau Stingrays side in the 2011 National Competition.[8]

Club career
At the end of the 2011 season, Gelling signed a contract to play for Wigan in the Super League.[9] The Daily Mail reported that he had been recommended to the Wigan head coach, Shaun Wane, by Kevin Iro and Dean Bell, both former Wigan players who were subsequently living overseas.

Gelling was allocated the number 24 jersey on arrival to Wigan's pre-2012 season training in Florida.[10] Gelling has proven himself to be somewhat of a cult hero at Wigan with his eccentric behaviours which include charging down a penalty goal attempt from Brisbane Broncos Corey Parker in golden point extra time of the World Club Series clash between the Broncos and Wigan on February 21, 2015 and riding to and from Wigan's Good Friday victory over local rivals St. Helens on April 3, 2015 on a BMX that he bought from Cash Converters for £100. On June 16, 2015, Gelling signed a new four-year contract with the Warriors.

In 2016 he refused to apologise for saying that some of the refereeing decisions "pissed me off" in a post match interview on Sky Sports, instead declaring "I speak my mind. I like to think of myself as a man of the people". A nickname which has since stuck."

Wikipedia

I have a soft spot for anyone who shits all over the Roosters.;)

He’s just in that unfortunate position where the fans see him as being on thin ice even though he isn’t really. It’s like Jono Wright where his errors were magnified and people had the whole “this faaarken plodder” in their heads. He Just needs an error free performance and he’ll start winning the fans over.

This is the warriors after all. Newbies get crucified when they make errors.

He’s just in that unfortunate position where the fans see him as being on thin ice even though he isn’t really. It’s like Jono Wright where his errors were magnified and people had the whole “this faaarken plodder” in their heads. He Just needs an error free performance and he’ll start winning the fans over.

This is the warriors after all. Newbies get crucified when they make errors.
He's occupying a spot that someone's 19 year old nephew could be taking. Of course he's going to cop a lot of shit around here.;)

But for me he's fast becoming the new "Peoples Champ".

Think Jono Wright but with pace and big hairy balls that hang out of his playing shorts.

He might be the charismatic, cheeky bastard the teams needs to rev the Mt Smart crowd up.

He's occupying a spot that someone's 19 year old nephew could be taking. Of course he's going to cop a lot of shit around here.;)

But for me he's fast becoming the new "Peoples Champ".

Think Jono Wright but with pace and big hairy balls that hang out of his playing shorts.

He might be the charismatic, cheeky bastard the teams needs to rev the Mt Smart crowd up.

Lol. I hope you’re right man.