Yeah maybe. Here's the article that also points to his dropping from the club
BRISBANE has dropped a bombshell on halfback Brett Seymour, telling the troubled playmaker he is no longer required by the club.
The 22-year-old previously had an option to stay at the Broncos until the end of next year. But now he will be shown the door at the end of this season.
He could choose to stay at Red Hill and fight for his place in the elite NRL squad, but has been told there is no chance of him playing first grade for Brisbane again.
Sources close to the club have told the Sunday Mail that Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett delivered the news to Seymour on Thursday with senior players and staff present.
Seymour was approached by the Sunday Mail yesterday but declined to comment while his manager George Mimis and Bennett could not be contacted late yesterday.
The writing was on the wall for the former Souths Mackay junior star who was dropped to the Toowoomba Clydesdales state league side just two days earlier.
He did not train with the Clydesdales after being told he was unwanted by the Broncos next year and it is unsure if he'll play for Brisbane's feeder club against Wynnum-Manly today.
Once touted as a possible State of Origin halfback, Seymour has been plagued by injuries since making his first grade debut in 2002.
Originally a five-eighth considered to be the "next big thing", Seymour has also been severely hindered by a lack of confidence in the demanding halfback role.
He had shoulder surgery in the off-season and was relegated to Wizard Cup duties a few weeks into the season with veteran Redcliffe playmaker Shane Perry elevated to the top side.
It was rumoured that Seymour was being "shopped around" to other clubs earlier in the season when he was languishing in the Wizard Cup, but
Brisbane decided to hang on to him in case of injures.
Seymour earned a reprieve with Perry out injured and he played against Melbourne and North Queensland in Brisbane's last two outings.
With his career as a Bronco on the line, he was ineffective in both matches and was replaced by utility Shaun Berrigan for today's match against West Tigers at Suncorp Stadium.
At his weekly pre-game press conference yesterday, Bennett was coy when asked after the troublesome halfback position.
"You don't want to keep changing your halfbacks, that's not what you want to do," Bennett said.
"Hopefully tomorrow will be better than what it was the last time we played."
He said he had long-term plans to permanently fill the spot, but he would look to Berrigan and Perry to do the job for the rest of the season.
Bennett rejected suggestions the Broncos were in another late-season form slump despite losing four of their last six matches ahead of today's round 21 clash with the Wests Tigers at Suncorp.
Brisbane's winning ratio from round 20 onwards over the last five years is just 25 per cent and the Broncos showed no signs of burying the hoodoo with a 26-10 loss at the hands of North Queensland last weekend.
Bennett conceded Brisbane's display against the undermanned Cowboys was poor, saying the Broncos were "still on holidays" after the ploy of giving Broncos players seven days off during the recent bye week.
However, he said the initiative would pay dividends in the next month and ensure no repeat of past finals flops. "It's (late season failures) not an issue at the moment," Bennett said after training yesterday.