General "Another Meeting being Organised"

Jesbass_old

Guest
Just thought I'd let you guys know that there is another committee meeting being organised on another forum, as that enws somehow hasn't made its way over here.

I believe that we should have a season-closing day. Probably after our LAST home game. That way the fans can get closer to the players than they have during the season. And of course it could also serve as a farewell to fan-favourite, Brent Webb, and although not official yet, the farewelling of Awen Guttenbeil.
One of two venues I do have in mind. The "big-top" or, The Ellesllie Bowling Club. Some of you are fimiliar with the latter. I am about to send off three emails, to Wayne, to Richard, and "the mad butcher".
The commitee just to refresh your minds are.
Oz
Alin
LeagueNut
Myself.
Hope to include
Beks
SueB
GT
and Skinner.
One has been left off, as a complaint has found its way to me.
So, do I have backing for this venture.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
Blah. I'm disappointed at that list and disappointed they haven't informed us. They can do as they please
 

IanS_old

Guest
Will those people offer us any feedback or have things gone that far we can't work together for the good of the game?
 

PB_old

Guest
Where the meeting results are posted is of no importance as people can find them easily enough. Any posting by particular parties of meeting updates will only exacerbate any animosity, though I am not against it. None of the people organising the meeting are regular posters here now and only a couple of possible attendees still post. At the moment that is the way it is. Being disappointed serves no purpose. Contact them if you are interested in offering either a hand or feedback , else move on.

Thanks for posting this Jesbass. Ideally people should take it as the post intended, which presumably is to keep people in the loop. Guys and girls, please do not use this as a flame thread.
 

PB_old

Guest
IanS said:
I asked because I have no idea where to find the results.

Fair enough. Keep an eye on your inbox. So long as it's clear that I am not sending unsolicited mail. :)
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
PB, I don't have too much against what they want to do with all of that. And I am not flamming anyone. What I was going to say was that some time back Trev had said that anything in relation to meetings and stuff for the fans to put their points across was to be evenly mentioned among some rugby league forums here included.

But as I said, they can go ahead with it, I have nothing against that
 

Wiki_old

Guest
polar bob said:
Where the meeting results are posted is of no importance as people can find them easily enough. Any posting by particular parties of meeting updates will only exacerbate any animosity, though I am not against it. None of the people organising the meeting are regular posters here now and only a couple of possible attendees still post. At the moment that is the way it is. Being disappointed serves no purpose. Contact them if you are interested in offering either a hand or feedback , else move on.

Thanks for posting this Jesbass. Ideally people should take it as the post intended, which presumably is to keep people in the loop. Guys and girls, please do not use this as a flame thread.

I ask that any meeting that DMM holds, you alert Warriors management to the fact that you hold the opinion of only those who have given input and not the collective "Warriors fans".
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
polar bob said:
Thanks for posting this Jesbass. Ideally people should take it as the post intended, which presumably is to keep people in the loop.

No problem, PB. That was indeed the intent. :)
 

PB_old

Guest
Wiki said:
I ask that any meeting that DMM holds, you alert Warriors management to the fact that you hold the opinion of only those who have given input and not the collective "Warriors fans".

And give rise to the typical RL factionalism which continually wrecks the game? No thanks. There is no numerical data showing membership to a given collective so it's all face value. The people they are meeting with can draw their own conclusions and accept a good idea or dismiss a bad one.
 

Iafeta_old

Guest
Not interested. Too much funny business from either side.

Perhaps it'd be more effective to introduce a Suggestion Link on the Warriors website for people to introduce their ideas on their own behalf. Therefore people don't need to be tied to any forums, it opens it up a lot wider.
 

PB_old

Guest
Iafeta said:
Not interested. Too much funny business from either side.

Perhaps it'd be more effective to introduce a Suggestion Link on the Warriors website for people to introduce their ideas on their own behalf. Therefore people don't need to be tied to any forums, it opens it up a lot wider.

Now now. Nothing sensible please.
 

Jesbass_old

Guest
Iafeta said:
Not interested. Too much funny business from either side.

Perhaps it'd be more effective to introduce a Suggestion Link on the Warriors website for people to introduce their ideas on their own behalf. Therefore people don't need to be tied to any forums, it opens it up a lot wider.

That's a brilliant suggestion, Iafeta! Do you mind if I ask Wayne about that?
 

PB_old

Guest
The key then is expectation Jesbass. So long as no one expects a response to their suggestion there should be no harm. Given the wide range of suggestions, both with repetition and drivel, screening will take a while. So, do they have the resources to trawl through them? If not can that be outsourced to a party designated by themselves?
 

Iafeta_old

Guest
I'd implement two things with it Polar

1 A top 10 monthly response... so the top 10 ideas put onto the website, with either an action to implement or reasons as to why its not feasible

2 The top three ideas as judged by them could involve three prizes, like a Warriors signed jersey, two tickets to a Warriors home game, a chance for a Warrior to go to a club of your choice (within Auckland)

That way you could structure it right that it turns out to be effectively maintained.
 

Similar threads

Replies
0
Views
993
Kalcod
Replies
15
Views
2K
Esoj_old
Replies
106
Views
6K
Skinny_Ravs82
Replies
2
Views
685
kane_old
Replies
7
Views
911
Skinny_Ravs82

Last Game

08 May

10 - 29
3.9 Total Avg Rating
2.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 13 ratings