Staff Andrew Webster

• Thread starter NZWarriorsFaithful
  • Start date
Hardyman's Yugo

Hardyman's Yugo

Does anyone know if Agar, and more importantly Webster have gone on tour with Samoa for the WC?
Does anyone know if Agar, and more importantly Webster have gone on tour with Samoa for the WC?

If they are in the UK, they could miss up to three weeks of start of preseason, leaving Jones and Morgan running the shop.. Meanwhile Ciraldo is already taking interviews for the Bulldogs.

If so, I hope McFadden is on the training pitch at all times to make sure those two don’t catch the place on fire. Never leave the kids alone in the Kitchen.
Castleford coach Lee Redford replaced Webster in the coaching team. As far as I know Agar is still part of it.

Juno

Think you guys summed it up how most of us felt this past season - including the players. Just one thing I don't totally agree with is that the 3rd year the covid thing shouldn't have had an impact, they should've come to terms with it etc etc.
Most of us got to spend the last 3 years with family and extended family, neighbour's, our communities & even these have changed over that time. Still, we got to choose who we spent time with, socialized with & so on - I can't imagine what it would be like to spend the bulk of that time holed up with who are essentially work colleagues.
Anyway, I'm excited about Webby - I've heard he is intelligent, understands the game, good communicator, and has a sense of humour...I reckon he'll have the measure of his assistants and he'll run the show in his own way. Mooks had 3 of those things, Stacey limited in some of them, Brown had none imo.
Looking forward to the new regime in 2023, go the Warriors!

Reactions: Defence and Fonzie
Fonzie

Fonzie

Think you guys summed it up how most of us felt this past season - including the players. Just one thing I don't totally agree with is that the 3rd year the covid thing shouldn't have had an impact, they should've come to terms with it etc etc.
Most of us got to spend the last 3 years with family and extended family, neighbour's, our communities & even these have changed over that time. Still, we got to choose who we spent time with, socialized with & so on - I can't imagine what it would be like to spend the bulk of that time holed up with who are essentially work colleagues.
Anyway, I'm excited about Webby - I've heard he is intelligent, understands the game, good communicator, and has a sense of humour...I reckon he'll have the measure of his assistants and he'll run the show in his own way. Mooks had 3 of those things, Stacey limited in some of them, Brown had none imo.
Looking forward to the new regime in 2023, go the Warriors!
Point well taken mate. Which one didn’t Mooks have 😂?

• Haha
Reactions: Juno

Juno

Um, you know...
unfortunately across a team not all of them have those attributes either.
Great bloke, hope he continues to share what he has to offer in the game somehow

Reactions: Fonzie
Canonball

Canonball

great episode - didn't realise I was jonesing for it until it popped up in the feed - great slop, as they say. Next year, I'm hoping for a 2011 vibe (as opposed to the 2010 type Will mentioned), a team which gels, is more than its parts, AND gets some reward on the back of it. Carazy, I know.

Reactions: Fonzie
Tragic

Tragic

Good summary of a shit year. I had tried to forget some of the crap we served up under brownie thanks for reminding me. It's cathartic to hear someone else go through it. One thing that amazed me was how brown got zero shit when he quit, the Aussie media just concentrated on how great he would be in another role, no words about how he just took a shit team and made them even shitter or the fact that he has probably one of the worst coaching records in history,.......I hope he goes well in another role but he wasted another year+ for us. I have hope for Webster but I fear that no matter how good he is the self absorbed fool above him is going to keep sabotaging our progress.
Keep the faith!

Akkerz

Akkerz

Contributor
Putting aside the complicatons of the covid years it just seems this club is in limbo awaiting further developments. Retaining the incompetent staff of former years under a rookie first grade coach with a team of green young guns & bored has beens is not the way forward despite Webster's optimism. So the question remains - what the hell is going on ?

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

Retaining the incompetent staff of former years under a rookie first grade coach with a team of green young guns & bored has beens is not the way forward despite Webster's optimism. So the question remains - what the hell is going on ?
Webby's the next Ivan and he's going turn his crew of young no-names and has-beens into Penrith, hopefully that's what's going on bro.