General Andrew Johns and drugs

David James_old

I think he's only messing with you, Jon. I may be wrong, but I took it as an attempt at humour.

Regardless of whether he was joking Jesbass, I think Jon made the right call by pointing this out. What can be viewed as an attempt at humour CAN be a person testing the water to reach out (not saying it is the case here at all). I've seen too many people on the verge of drug break down, and in worse cases suicide, make light hearted jokes about their problem seemingly as method to broach the subject in an attempt to talk about it.

I personally have never taken drugs, heck I don't smoke, or even drink (and no not for religious reasons, just a life decision I have made); but I have read a lot about substance abuse as I know throught out my life a lot of my friends may well need my help with these problems.

I have also unfortunately seen a few friends personas completely change through years of substance abuse, their emotions are no longer very stable and they are not as happy in every day life as in the past. It seems a case of serotin depletion (from prolonged use of ecstacy amongst other things). Very dissapointing to see.

100%_old

Hey man you should check out the long term effects of regular drug use just so you know what you are doing.

I am not against using drugs here and there, but I have seen a few patients who have lost themselves through the abuse of drugs.

waoh!! (or is it woah!!) i just read this. *takes off hockey mask, puts on thinking cap & adjusts*

yo JB (not Jesbass, but JonB), first of all, i never meant to throw negative vibes dude. sure i get pissed when i read something posted by a moron. i mean, you did... *realizes what i said* did i just call meself a...
anywayz, i don't know you, & targeting personal nerves is not my style. but hey, all i can say is, it was all Andrew Johns fault! how dare he throw that bullsh!t @ us while we're eating (tea!)<<<NOTE.

the best thing i can do for myself, is simply say that Jb (not you JonB, but Jesbass), posted a hint to my sick, & ill purposed, often misunderstood, humourous attempt @ trying, & failing, to be reasonably hungry, out-going & tall.

but back to the threads title, look, i don't even care that Joey took cocaine/xtc! (& like you sez, just as long as he hasn't physically hurt, maimed or killed anyone), i still think (personally) he's the best, ever!! nuff said!!

(tea!) = on Thursday nights news (in NZ), just after the 6:30pm summary, they mentioned Andrew Johns in a drug scandal. they said, "& coming up in sport, blah, blah, blah," but then, they never aired it. odd that eh? did anyone notice that?

Last edited by a moderator:

100%_old

Regardless of whether he was joking Jesbass, I think Jon made the right call by pointing this out. What can be viewed as an attempt at humour CAN be a person testing the water to reach out (not saying it is the case here at all).[text shortened]
...I have also unfortunately seen a few friends personas completely change through years of substance abuse, their emotions are no longer very stable and they are not as happy in every day life as in the past. It seems a case of serotin depletion (from prolonged use of ecstacy amongst other things). Very dissapointing to see.

hmmm, i hear ya DJ. & maybe you could be on to something there. i'll never let on tho, you'll just have to guess. but hey, i'm only human, & i know that i make more mistakes than i do when i'm trying not to make them. i can't/won't fault your decision on not taking d-rugs, smoking or drinking either. i respect that.
answer me this, how can you tell when you've given someone a personal stab? especially a personal stab over the internet... you can't, that's how. right @ this very moment, i don't know how you feel, what you have gone through today, nor what you're thinkin'... it's a jackpot to read anyones reaction in certain circumstances @ any given time, most of the time anywayz. i also hear ya on your friends demise :( but can i go as far as to say (& without sounding like a smart-ar*e), just where were you in there time of need?

- light hearted
- happy place
- smiles
- chin up
-Warriors win
- food, bbq's, good weather, good music, great friends, whisky, & the small of my gfs back.

life is good. this is, i am, are you?

mental note: from now on ease up on the d-rug jokes Hemi, & stop blaming everyone else for your error ridden ways!

David James_old

Nice post 100%.

If at any point you questioned whether I was taking a dig at anyone, no I was not. People are entitled to their opinions and lifestyles. I'm very light hearted and open minded, I have chosen not to partake in certain activities but this has not left me with a closed mind.

Completely fair question regarding where I was during my friends demise. This is a friend that I only saw when out at functions, whether they be dance parties, beach parties, or birthday/anniversary celebrations, not the closest of friends, but close enough to see what was happening from afar. 75-80% of the time that I saw him he was either on something, or intoxicated, not really the prime time to bring the subject up, the rest of the time I saw him ranged from hung over/come down, to (by the end) very grumpy and moody. I broached the subject at times during his "competent times" regarding whether he was due to continue with the excess he was taking, and sure enough in true form he stated his intentions to stop/cut down. Whenever it was mentioned that it might actually be becomming a real problem he either laughed it off, or got very ill tempered. I spoke with a few of his best friends about the issue and asked them to carry it forward (knowing him better), I can only imagine they didn't have much luck.

With my closer friends I often talk to them about their "use", one has been clean of drugs for a few years now, and alcohol was almost becomming a problem a few months ago, but after discussions (and bad hangovers) that has eased up, unfortunately a girlfriend reintroduced him to illicit substances a couple of months ago and he did things he promised himself he would never do again all in the search for the intimate touch of a female. They have since split and he has knocked it on the head now.

Completely respect your question and my response goes only a fraction to the way of answering it (as anything typed on an internet forum could do), but as you say, this is a forum regarding the Warriors and thus this is a time of celebration! First finals series in 5 years, and a home game to boot!

Enjoy your day sir, and thank you for giving me the opportunity to reflect on decisions past, and thus more knowledgable to make decisions in the future.

Jesbass_old

Thanks for that, David James. A really thoughtful and interesting post to read.

Pity about your efforts for Portsmouth, though... ;)

Jesbass_old

Yeah sorry about that. I keep paying too much attention on the league to practise my keeping! ;)

As a Liverpool fan, it's saddening to see our former first-choice keeper playing for Portsmouth...but considering your form, I'm not too upset! :lol1:

David James_old

Well here is hoping that my fiance is a better keeper than I am.

I don't want to slip one past the keeper anytime soon!

;)

Jesbass_old

Lol!

Here's another pointless fact - our guidance counsellor at school was called David James. Any guesses as to which position he played each year in the students versus teachers soccer matches? ;)

David James_old

Lol!

Here's another pointless fact - our guidance counsellor at school was called David James. Any guesses as to which position he played each year in the students versus teachers soccer matches? ;)

Keeper by any chance?

David James_old

Got it in one! He wasn't a half bad player, either. Pity he was an Aussie! :lol1:

Yucky!

Back in primary school I was a right side defense, I sucked though, was far to physical and kept fouling people by being to rough off the ball.

Oops!

Jesbass_old

I was a left wing, or left centre forward. Ironic that I couldn't handle the idea of playing a full contact sport, when I have a namesake who plays for the Broncos! (Although, having said that, I have a very common name and more than one namesake, lol.)

David James_old

I actually have more of a history playing league back in the UK.

I was left centre, we used to play in a nation wide tournament (beauty of England being quite compact and me living in the middle of it). I remember playing Wigan U14's to get into the semifinals and getting walloped, my winger got so depressed and saddened he didn't make a tackle in the first half (well not a succesful one) cried at half time and wouldn't return, luckily we had a back on the bench to replace him.

Let me tell you, 14 year olds in Wigan were a lot bigger than 14 year olds we played from other areas!

Luckily this is not my full name, just a portion of it, my true full name is a lot less common than this moniker.