Staff Alex Corvo

I recall seeing comments during the year that Green was basically acting like an assistant coach, coming up with the attack plan in conjuction with Peyton - maybe he can do that full-time next year then there won't be any issue seeing him in the box, and we get someone else on the paddock.

If that is the case then we probably don't want Green anywhere near the coaching team if he contributed to our attack game plan last season.

Aren't we just talking about performance and fitness here? It's seems Corvos techniques weren't working, again I'm speculating as we still don't know the real reason he has left, but if we need to look outside the box to get our players responding than I am open minded to it.
I'm confident our proven trainer was not the problem. He's the scapegoat. I wonder if Robinson knew?

Forgive me for saying this, but if Roger Tuivasa-Sheck ever leaves I'll spam the club with fuck you letters. Cos we seem to let winners go and let the average Joe's linger in mediocrity here.

]
Cappy’s farewell drinks last year had just one player in attendance

If this is fact I think it speaks volumes about where this club is at. Fair enough not liking someone but this is taking the absolute piss! Ffs I've got some insufferable workmates but functions, farewells, birthdays etc there we all are, signing cards buying gifts GETTING THE FUCK ON coz is what normal people do

It's no wonder no one wants to come here .
All these people won't be saying go to the
Warriors it will improve your. Game an they will
Really look after you.
Gavet openly disputes the clubs media releases about bad training.
Shaun Johnson a public mess
Cappy apparently our clubs not professional to give a former head
Coach a proper farewell
An Corvo .
No one will be saying yeah warriors are aces .It's s good move.
We are not smart .

Ali Lauititi took a pay cut and moved to England, so he could spend more time with his Family and his Church, who all lived in Auckland when he made that decision. And he was never as good as he was after that.

This is what's wrong with our club. We've still got too many guys in the team who are fucken lazy.

Even someone as good as Alex Corvo can't work with these guys. It's impossible. No amount of money is going to make them want to put in the effort.

bruce

Contributor
Cos we seem to let winners go and let the average Joe's linger in mediocrity here.
Management 101...in mediocre outfits the losers rule because they don't like being shown up...the Robinsons have been winners in their business, through some tough times as well.
For me, Blake Green encapsulates all that is wrong with the club. He’s slow, lacking in skill, old and overpaid and he’s far too close to the CEO and the coach.
I like the guy, but as you say he is a symptom of a mediocre club. A bit like the Catholic Church, they all cover for each other.
Cappy’s farewell drinks last year had just one player in attendance and it wasn’t Simon Mannering or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. He’s an overrated brown nose.
Maybe, but I was shocked to read that story. Heyzeuss spare me even if Mt Wellington left this forum I would go to his farewell party, it is all part of the team culture thing. I am even more shocked to hear that Mannering and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck didn't go either. Have we a thread on Warriors team culture? ...cos from what this shows the club has zero, zilch, none. Dunno why I have bought tickets for next season and I am not surprised that Corvo has gone back home.

bruce

Contributor
Ali Lauititi took a pay cut and moved to England, so he could spend more time with his Family and his Church, who all lived in Auckland when he made that decision. And he was never as good as he was after that.

This is what's wrong with our club. We've still got too many guys in the team who are fucken lazy.

Even someone as good as Alex Corvo can't work with these guys. It's impossible. No amount of money is going to make them want to put in the effort.
As one who has worked a lot with rural Maori I can assure you that laziness is not a Polynesian trait. They can work the house down and even outclass honkies. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is proof of that.

However motivation is different in different cultures. I forget the motivational list that Ali Lauitiiti gave to mad Mick but if I recall money wasn't even on it.

It is a bit like sex, men and women both love it but women need a reason, men need a venue. Mad Mick didn't even begin to understand the Polynesian mind and nobody will get this club straight until they do.

As one who has worked a lot with rural Maori I can assure you that laziness is not a Polynesian trait. They can work the house down and even outclass honkies. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is proof of that.

However motivation is different in different cultures. I forget the motivational list that Ali Lauitiiti gave to mad Mick but if I recall money wasn't even on it.

It is a bit like sex, men and women both love it but women need a reason, men need a venue. Mad Mick didn't even begin to understand the Polynesian mind and nobody will get this club straight until they do.
I have to disagree, as I think it's entirely based on each individual.

Lumping all the Islanders into the same basket isn't the right way to go. Konrad Hurrell was the only player to be getting blow jobs on snap chat. It's not a Polynesian thing, it's a Konrad Hurrell thing.

In that instance, conflating criticizing Konrad Hurrell's individual debauchery into a criticism of all Polynesians would be very toxic for our club IMO. It works the same with the positive attribution of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck's qualities with all Polynesians. Konrad Hurrell certainly doesn't deserve the same praise Roger Tuivasa-Sheck deserves.

IMHO the only way to unify a playing group is to break every player down into an individual and make them personally responsible for their own actions.

Ali Lauititi wanted to get paid the same money while doing less work. That's his personal choice. But because of the lies that he told, about wanting more time with family and church (right before moving to the other side of the world), when he was fired the Warriors we went to the bottom of the table. He set up a conflict within the club that completely ruined the next couple of seasons.

In short, you can't have more than 4 or 5 players in the run on 17 who place their tribal, ethnic, national, religious, whatever collective allegiances above the performance of the team. Until we get a very solid majority of individual minded players, we're going nowhere.

We need more players like Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and less like Ali Lauititi. That's the cure!

I'd rather they play Keighran and Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves, they compliment each other well.

We need to come to terms with the fact that Kodis best position is 14 unfortunately, if he's playmaking in the halves it usually only works 1/10 times.

It would be pretty ironic if it ended up being McCullough at 9 and Kodi at 14 just like at the Broncos 😂.
I don’t agree, I think Kodi at 6 can work as long as you have a hooker with a long kick

I'd rather they play Keighran and Chanel Harris-Tavita in the halves, they compliment each other well.

We need to come to terms with the fact that Kodis best position is 14 unfortunately, if he's playmaking in the halves it usually only works 1/10 times.

It would be pretty ironic if it ended up being McCullough at 9 and Kodi at 14 just like at the Broncos 😂.

Exactly. We need to learn from the Broncos. They didn't think Kodi was good enough to be starting 9 or starting half and it's hard to disagree with them.

14 is his perfect position.