General Ah Van's back, why not play him at centre

Jesbass_old

Guest
Dr J, I know it's off topic, but I find myself in an emotional bind every time I see one of your posts. On the one hand, I'm glad to see Mr T's return, but on the other hand, I struggle to grapple with the reality that it had to come at the expense of Charlie Murphy and Dave Chapelle playing Lil Jon. However, I do find some solace in the haircut of the white guy in the background...lol! :lol:
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
LMAO at Jesbass...totally random there mate!!
As for not playing Ah Van this weekend...interesting call that one. Perhaps they are banking on some experience in the backline?
 

KeepingTheFaith_old

Guest
It would have to do with experience. Mannering, Taulapapa, Ah Van, Martin, Ropati, Rovelli. Martin aside that's not a lot of experience. Ropati may be an international but that was by default more than anything.
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
KeepingTheFaith said:
It would have to do with experience. Mannering, Taulapapa, Ah Van, Martin, Ropati, Rovelli. Martin aside that's not a lot of experience. Ropati may be an international but that was by default more than anything.

Yeah, come to think of it I never really realised how young our backline is.
 

Skinny_Ravs82

Guest
warriors4life said:
KeepingTheFaith said:
It would have to do with experience. Mannering, Taulapapa, Ah Van, Martin, Ropati, Rovelli. Martin aside that's not a lot of experience. Ropati may be an international but that was by default more than anything.

Yeah, come to think of it I never really realised how young our backline is.

That's very true, however I should also add; isn't that what most people wanted anyway?
 

warriors4life_old

Guest
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
warriors4life said:
KeepingTheFaith said:
It would have to do with experience. Mannering, Taulapapa, Ah Van, Martin, Ropati, Rovelli. Martin aside that's not a lot of experience. Ropati may be an international but that was by default more than anything.

Yeah, come to think of it I never really realised how young our backline is.

That's very true, however I should also add; isn't that what most people wanted anyway?

It would depend, as there are both advantages and disadvantages. The advantage of having a young backline is that they all haven't reached their full potential yet and when they do they will be a great force but the disadvantage is that they are inexperienced and lack a bit of direction. I would prefer having a backline of players in their early-20s as opposed to players in their late-20s/early-30s.

The Warriors backline is a bit like the Chicago Bulls at the moment. They have a young team that is pretty good at the moment but when they reach their full potential they are going to be one of the most formidable teams in the League.
 

JonB_old

Guest
I don't see him as a possible game changing centre really, I think he would be a Tony Martin type rather than a C Toopi type to be honest the most impressive part about Ah Van was his coolness he didn't look like a rookie in the first game he played.
 

STRIDER_old

Guest
Trust me mate, Ah VAn can break a game, totaly different to Tony Martin
 

kiwi man_old

Guest
hmmm to be honest it looked like ah van was never going to break a tackle yet he was very quick, safe, and good under pressure.
to me he seems more of a full back