Player Adam Blair

I think this will happen and it will happen soon.

NRL: Brisbane Broncos grant Adam Blair permission to talk to rival clubs - Warriors favourites to sign Kiwis captain
4 Aug, 2017 1:03pm
Quick Read

TFHETLUF3JHGRGZYHNLSNEVNWI.jpg

Kiwis captain and Brisbane front-rower Adam Blair has been granted permission to talk to rival clubs. Photo / Photosport.
b91f5014-267c-469d-9035-f461aa888ff9.png

By: David Skipwith
Sports writer
david.skipwith@nzherald.co.nz@dskipwithNZH
Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has granted Adam Blair permission to negotiate with rival clubs with the Warriors favourites to sign the Kiwis captain.

The 31-year-old front-rower is under contract with the Broncos until the end of next season but has been linked to a move to the Warriors since May, while St George Illawarra are also keen on signing him.

The Whangarei-born forward is close friends with Warriors coach Stephen Kearney and the Auckland-based club is in the market for experienced big men to boost their forward stocks.

The Broncos are understood to be willing to let him go if he receives an offer of a long-term contract, with the Warriors reportedly prepared to sign him on a four-year deal.

"At the moment he's contracted to the Broncos for next year, but if he gets a release from them there's a good chance he may end up with us," said Warriors managing director Jim Doyle.

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
Blair proving that he's got more integrity than Darius Boyd. Instead of digging his claws in and sulking over a demotion (CTR for Boyd and Bench for Blair) he contributed as best he could and retired early to assist the club.

He may have had his struggles form-wise, but I think Blair would have been a big part of the team coming together. I still remember Luke saying Blair was the one demanding he lift his standards during the hot streak in 2018. I think he'll be looked after by the club in retirement and will be a valuable asset in terms of preparation and fitness.

Like most people, my favourite Blair moments are the try in the World Cup and the Manly/Storm punch up with the Stewart bros. Great career from Blair and I honestly think he had a really solid year for us to cap it off.

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Queen’s honours for Adam Blair
Congratulations! But...

Surely as a player, many have done more?
Surely off the field, many have done more?
Wasn’t he just doing a job he was well paid for?

Stacey, Kearney, Bell, Mannering, etc would all have done as much for NZ.

Anyway - he did do a great job for the game and Kiwis and we should be proud that a league player has been recognised.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Hard case story on stuff where he got the call from the Governor General and initially thought he’d done something wrong. Really like Blair and his honesty on the panel after the Warriors games. Reading his intentions for setting up an academy for teaching the game and pathways outside of league sounds like it’s thoroughly deserved.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Maybe the gong was "for services to not simply bagging or ass-kissing the Warriors in your television punditry."

• Haha
Reactions: bruce
Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings