Player Adam Blair

I think this will happen and it will happen soon.

NRL: Brisbane Broncos grant Adam Blair permission to talk to rival clubs - Warriors favourites to sign Kiwis captain
4 Aug, 2017 1:03pm
Quick Read

TFHETLUF3JHGRGZYHNLSNEVNWI.jpg

Kiwis captain and Brisbane front-rower Adam Blair has been granted permission to talk to rival clubs. Photo / Photosport.
b91f5014-267c-469d-9035-f461aa888ff9.png

By: David Skipwith
Sports writer
david.skipwith@nzherald.co.nz@dskipwithNZH
Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has granted Adam Blair permission to negotiate with rival clubs with the Warriors favourites to sign the Kiwis captain.

The 31-year-old front-rower is under contract with the Broncos until the end of next season but has been linked to a move to the Warriors since May, while St George Illawarra are also keen on signing him.

The Whangarei-born forward is close friends with Warriors coach Stephen Kearney and the Auckland-based club is in the market for experienced big men to boost their forward stocks.

The Broncos are understood to be willing to let him go if he receives an offer of a long-term contract, with the Warriors reportedly prepared to sign him on a four-year deal.

"At the moment he's contracted to the Broncos for next year, but if he gets a release from them there's a good chance he may end up with us," said Warriors managing director Jim Doyle.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
What will Blair's legacy be? Looking at his accomplishments he would have to go down as one for the best Kiwis to have played in the NRL and for the Kiwis.

Played the most games in the NRL for a Kiwi. World cup & Four Nations Winner. Won the NRL with the Storm (which was later stripped). Second most caps for the Kiwis behind Reuben Wiki at 51.

Been a great player- deserves more respect than he gets.
Wasn’t his fault we offered him overs.

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
Yeah that's the thing with Blair, he get's a lot of stick due to his big contract. If he was on half of what he is, he would be way highly thought of by us fans. Technically, that's not his fault.

He's a decent leader, a big effort man who rarely gives up. Fit as hell. Just doesn't offer any real attacking threat, which is why he's over paid. If he regularly puts 100m+ games on the board, I'd be happy for him to go another year. Problem is, he doesn't, and never has. Although this year has been one of his best in a Warriors jersey, so credit to him.

Hopefully he can dig in in Northland and get the junior game sorted up there.

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
Yeah that's the thing with Blair, he get's a lot of stick due to his big contract. If he was on half of what he is, he would be way highly thought of by us fans. Technically, that's not his fault.

He's a decent leader, a big effort man who rarely gives up. Fit as hell. Just doesn't offer any real attacking threat, which is why he's over paid. If he regularly puts 100m+ games on the board, I'd be happy for him to go another year. Problem is, he doesn't, and never has. Although this year has been one of his best in a Warriors jersey, so credit to him.

Yip would hope the Northern Swords or NZRL, would take him on as a development officer or something of that ilk, if he is not kept on by the club in an off field capacity.

Some good players have come out of the Northland area in the last few years like James Fisher, Corey Harawera-Naera & Dylan Brown etc.

He would be held in high esteem and would be a great role model for the players in the Junior leagues in the Northland area.

Last edited:

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
A great player who suffered from "We Get This For That?!" Syndrome. Expect Fusitua will be the next sufferer.

As others have pointed out, it's not his fault the Warriors didn't do their sums/due diligence better. If your club offered you a 20% increase in your salary which, hand on heart, you didn't think you'd really earned by your performance but you suspected/were told other people who worked as hard as you were getting that 20% uptick in their salary (ie your agent was in your ear saying you're worth this), would you really hem and haw and yeah and nah about it?

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Pretty much touted his own retirement plans in an interview a few weeks ago.

I’ll remember him better because of that decision and by doing the club a solid by not standing in the way of our recruitment plans.

Played his best football at the Storm and Broncos but did bring standards to the Warriors that were lacking.

One of the most passionate Kiwis to pull on the jersey that I can remember. Respect.

wrighty

Pretty much touted his own retirement plans in an interview a few weeks ago.

I’ll remember him better because of that decision and by doing the club a solid by not standing in the way of our recruitment plans.

Played his best football at the Storm and Broncos but did bring standards to the Warriors that were lacking.

One of the most passionate Kiwis to pull on the jersey that I can remember. Respect.
At one point he was one of the premier forwards in the world in his hey day.
Very articulate man, Proud of his heritage. I am proud that he played for the warriors.
Above all else he was a man. In all senses of the word. Took responsibility for his mistakes and tried to improve.
This year Payten singled him out for criticism after a loss when the whole team had been sleepy. Adam owned the feedback and increased his line speed and defensive line recovery speed for the rest of the season.
Adam Blair has strong values. And if y'all have noticed anything about my posting memes you will know I think values come first in the sequence of success in any endeavour: sporting, business, or personal.
Salut Adam. Kia Kaha Warriors Kaumatua.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
If he was to be leaving, he would leave a decent gap in the defensive line. He is one of those players that always gets up and back to his position. As well as calling off tacklers when they are lying in the tackle too long.

I hope the boys have soaked up learnings from him
Nothing wrong with his professionalism at all. He could be a good fit for development. However Tony Iro was an exceptionally professional player as well, have no doubt about that.

Proud of his heritage. I am proud that he played for the warriors.
He has a great heritage, a descendant of Sir John Logan Campbell and a distant relative of Michael Campbell the golfer. He could be a useful scout in Tai Tokerau.

john nick

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 28, 2020
tauranga
Nothing wrong with his professionalism at all. He could be a good fit for development. However Tony Iro was an exceptionally professional player as well, have no doubt about that.

He has a great heritage, a descendant of Sir John Logan Campbell and a distant relative of Michael Campbell the golfer. He could be a useful scout in Tai Tokerau.
I think his time is up .If you care to look at yesterdays game he was very slow(last one) back in the defensive line.His best seasons have been when his contract is up for renewal.Bully was the same

Reactions: bruce

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Kane Evans orAdam Blair?

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Congratulations on an awesome career Adam Blair.

Been outstanding this season.

Not many will compare to your success as an NRL player and as an international.

Was critical of your in our team,but when one of our Warriors posted what you have done from your Storm debut to now I saw you in a different light,especially with your form after Covid.

Thanks Ngabush

Newcastle Knights McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle

Last Game

13 Jun

16 - 42
4.6 Total Avg Rating
6.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 8 ratings