2019 - 93% tackle - 56 run m - penalties 1.1
2019 - 276 / 34.5 per game

Added Wizards rage post together

Reaction score
wallacenz

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
There is one more stat that would complete the picture, minutes per game.

Hes defending more, making less metres, he makes 8 additional tackles and sacrifices 30metres from when he wasnt at the Warriors but maybe hes playing less minutes as well.

The stats are starting to look like the Warriors got what they paid for, his output is about the same

Reaction score

Bushman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score

Hes defending more, making less metres, he makes 8 additional tackles and sacrifices 30metres from when he wasnt at the Warriors but maybe hes playing less minutes as well.

The stats are starting to look like the Warriors for what they paid for, his output is about the same
Here you go bro, do it yourself 😉

Reaction score

dean

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
"Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL as well as representing his country," Kearney said. "He has had a tremendous career and he's going to be a huge asset for the club as we go about lifting our standards across the board."
He should have said ' Adam is a wonderful example of how a player can secure his future by signing a long term contract in the twilight of his career here at the Warriors. He will be able to secure himself huge assets and lift his living standards across the board'.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
He is obviously being coached to concentrate on defense and reign in the offloads.
Now I know who you are. I thought Isaac Moses had to be on here somewhere. :rolleyes:
He should have said ' Adam is a wonderful example of how a player can secure his future by signing a long term contract in the twilight of his career here at the Warriors. He will be able to secure himself huge assets and lift his living standards across the board'.
That is the point. If he was doing those stats on half the pay there would still be a few raised eyebrows, but he is a marquee player which makes it laughable.

He was acknowledged by sources at the Tigers (possibly Isaac Moses;);)) as a good off field leader with extras and in the gym. I don't doubt that one bit and am sure he has continued on here in the same way. Heyzeuss spare me though if we are signing marquee players just to help out in the gym and lead training I think this club has VERY serious problems.

The stats are starting to look like the Warriors got what they paid for, his output is about the same
Good post. With all that taken in account, nobody should be surprised then at his current performance, as it isn't much different to what he has done before. So the $800,000 question then is, WTF has SK dropped him to ISP?

I can only guess somebody in the brains trust has said WTF is this guy doing here on his salary with another two years to go? He has to go so ISP it will be, and if he still hangs around Northcote Tigers here we come.

BTW there is nothing strange about that in professional football. Manchester United have made some colossal mistakes in signings. They don't keep them in the top grade, they drop them down the grades or loan them out until some sucker takes them.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
I was pissed off to see the publicity about Adam Blairs 300th game. IMO he doesn't deserve it. His attitude and performance this year might not have got him that 300 game at Brisbane, yet we paid overs for the guy.

Reaction score
Defence

Defence

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Congratulations to Adam for reaching the 300 game milestone.
Still remember when he hit the scene with the storm- he was one of my favorite players- played some great footy there.
Can still picture him taking a hit up up from the kick off with a huge smile on his face- liked him straight away.
Another highlight was the punch on with Glenn Stewart and the whole manly team haha.
300 first grade games and close on 50 tests- that's a hell of a career any way u slice it.

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
Another highlight was the punch on with Glenn Stewart and the whole manly team haha.
I loved it. They guy has talent and big balls. Also an intelligent wife who watches the pennies and wants her hubby safe and sound for retirement. Just the sort of player NO CLUB NEEDS!!! Rant over.

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
Rugby league: Warriors 'not tough enough for NRL' Adam Blair says after loss to Melbourne Storm
By: Michael Burgess
Adam Blair takes a hit up against the Melbourne Storm. Photo / Photosport

Warriors forward Adam Blair admits the team have a problem dealing with adversity in games – and belief dips when things go against them.

Speaking after the side's 32-10 loss to Melbourne on Saturday night, the 33-year-old veteran said the team is currently "not tough enough as a group" to stay in the contest when momentum turns late in matches.

It's a staggering admission, especially from a senior player, but is also refreshingly honest.

And it's the only way to explain the bizarre sequence on Saturday night, where one of the Warriors' best opening 30 minutes of the season was followed by an ugly collapse, as the Storm scored 30 unanswered points.

The worst aspect of the reversal was just after halftime; Melbourne scored from their opening set after the kickoff, which seemed to drain all the fight out of the Warriors.
Saturday's defeat was their fourth on the trot at home, and continued a pattern of fading after halftime.

"You start the second half and something doesn't go your way, and it's kinda like we think it is too tough," said Blair. "We forget about all the hard work that we have done in the first half and we don't go back to doing the same thing we were.

"It seems like when we get on the back foot it's too hard for us to get back in it, or we are thinking that someone else will do the job for us. When you go back over the performances [at home] we do struggle in the back half of games; sometimes it's because things don't go our way and we are not tough enough as a group to find our way of it."

The Warriors led 10-2 after 19 minutes, thanks to well-constructed tries to Ken Maumalo and Kodi Nikorima.
Momentum began to turn soon after that, helped by a succession of penalties to the visitors, but the Warriors were staying in the fight, though Jahrome Hughes' try four minutes before halftime was critical.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy conceded it gave his side a boost, after they had struggled for much of the first spell, and it also seemed to deflate the Warriors.

"We didn't start well in the second half," said Blair. "You go into halftime thinking about what you are going to do in the second half, your attitude and what you are going to put out there and we didn't do what we said we were going to do. Felt like we were on the back foot for the rest of the half."

Blair conceded the Warriors' belief seemed to go south early in the second half, and they never recovered.

"It shouldn't drop because what we did in the first half, and what we have done in most games in the first half we have been in the game and really competitive."

"It shouldn't drop but I think at times…not the whole group, but there might be subconsciously in some people's heads, the games getting too tough and we are looking for other people to do a better job or other people to do a job that we should all be doing."

Blair is in line to celebrate his 300th NRL match on Friday against the Titans, but admits that impending milestone has been a distraction in 2019.

"Hopefully everything goes well after this game and I am in the team," said Blair. "It was half my problem this year, most probably trying to protect that. Getting caught up in that, not playing the game in front of me and thinking what's ahead and the big picture."

Reaction score
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Reaction score
NRL: Warriors' Adam Blair reveals reason for poor form as milestone approaches
David Long
11:11, Jun 09 2019
Adam Blair says some of his team-mates have been waiting for others to take the lead.

PHOTOSPORT
Adam Blair says some of his team-mates have been waiting for others to take the lead.

Adam Blair has admitted he's been focussed too much on reaching the 300 NRL game milestone in recent weeks and it's affected his performances.

The 33-year-old, had one of his better games in the 32-10 loss to the Storm at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday night as the Warriors' top eight hopes suffered another blow.

On Friday against the Titans, Blair will become the 36th player to join the exclusive 300-club.

He'll be the third New Zealander to reach that mark, following on from Ruben Wiki and Simon Mannering and it will be a great achievement for him.

However, Blair has admitted that he'd been thinking about this too much recently and this resulted in him playing poorly and getting dropped to the reserve grade NSW Cup team a few weeks ago.

"Hopefully everything goes well after this game and I'm in the team," Blair said of playing on the Gold Coast.

"The thing that was most probably half of my problem this year was trying to protect that and getting caught up in not playing what's in front of me and playing the game ahead and the bigger picture.

"For me, I guess the reality check was going back and playing reserve grade with the boys.

"That was the step for me to think that you've got to play every game and make sure it's your best every time you go out there and try to perform your best for the team, so that you're in there [again] next week."

As for the game against the Storm, the Warriors went from being up 10-2 late in the first half, to conceding 30 unanswered points, with the second half being one of their most disappointing moments of the season.

"We were really good for 30 minutes of the first half, we competed well and we showed a lot of intent in what we wanted to do and a lot of energy," Blair said.

"I just think in the second half, they did to us what we did to them in the first.

"We had tried to peg them down on their own trying and they did that to us. A lot of our stuff was off our 20m line and they were coming after us.

"We let ourselves down with a lot of handling errors coming out of our half, when we had a bit of momentum it was killed by a lost ball or a loose carry and that's what let us down in the end."

This will go down as another game where the Warriors were either out muscled or out enthused in the second half in a home game.

It was the same against the Cowboys, Knights and Broncos and rather than Mt Smart Stadium being a fortress, the Warriors haven't won a game there in over two months.

"In most of the games we've played here, our first halves have been competitive and we've been in the game," Blair said.

"But when you start the second half and something doesn't go your way, we think it's too tough and forget about all of the hard work we've done in the first half and we don't go back to doing the same thing.

"It seems like when we get on the back foot, it's too hard for us to get back in it, or we're thinking that someone else will do the job for us.

"When you look at it, we have struggled over the back half of games and I purely think that sometimes when things don't go our way, then we're not tough enough as a group to find our way out of it."

Blair went on to add that some players in the team are lacking belief they can work their way back into games when things have gone awry.

"At times, not the whole group, but subconsciously in some people's head, the game is getting too tough and we're looking for other people to do a better job, or looking for other people to do something that we should all be doing."

Reaction score
bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Reaction score
"At times, not the whole group, but subconsciously in some people's head, the game is getting too tough and we're looking for other people to do a better job, or looking for other people to do something that we should all be doing."
Heyzeuss, with intelligence like that he should be head coach :rolleyes:

Reaction score
snake77

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
An experienced player recruited to the Warriors making headlines by saying how the team isn't tough enough or other variations of issues with the club. Heard it a number of times the last 25 years.

It's good to give your team mates a bit of a kick in the backside but since we hear it every few years how effective is it? Also doesn't help when the guy saying the big statements is one of the main ones down on form, giving away penalties and was recruited to lift standards.

He has come out about concentrating on his 300 games affecting his form. He's got himself into a hole how as now you expect his form to lift and for more than just one game.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
An experienced player recruited to the Warriors making headlines by saying how the team isn't tough enough or other variations of issues with the club. Heard it a number of times the last 25 years.

It's good to give your team mates a bit of a kick in the backside but since we hear it every few years how effective is it? Also doesn't help when the guy saying the big statements is one of the main ones down on form, giving away penalties and was recruited to lift standards.

He has come out about concentrating on his 300 games affecting his form. He's got himself into a hole how as now you expect his form to lift and for more than just one game.
Yea your right this isnt a new issue. In the past Manu would take it on himself to lift the team and Mannering would play out of his skin, pulling off tackle after tackle but this was never enough. While it would work occasionally, it never made that permanent difference to the team dynamic.

RTS plays out of his skin, but in this last game, it looked like this attitude was affecting even him. As a captain and leader, if he can't influence the attitude of the team then they have massive issues. And In my opinion those issues began with Fus. He of all the players was showing frustration and disinterest first. He is regularly to far forward and ahead of the pass. He got an award last year, that in my opinion is meaningless, and its gone to his head. Just like 300 games for Blair. These made up honours tend to make players think of the wrong things, instead of focusing on the game in front of them, they are worried about accolades and numbers. There is only one accolade that counts, thats titles won everything else is meaningless.

Reaction score
Aman

Aman

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for blair. The guy is getting pulled up for every late hit, every leg pull, holding players in tackles, running players off high balls etc pretty much everything he was lauded for at other clubs or got away with but cannot at the warriors because we struggle to get away with normal shit let alone 50/50 calls. Unfortunately its a massive part of his game and he cant play the same without it. It's always been known he's not a massive meter eater and to be honest his tackles and efficiency on defence are as good as ever but just cant help the team like he has in the past for others. The officiating is so hard to watch in the NRL. No other code is so subjective to the referees bias, mood or behavior on game day. I can't remember watching any other sport and hoping the referee does not decide the game every fucking game. I know its not that bad but there's just no fucking clear cut rules for how long you can hold someone down, exactly how much impact running players of balls has or what constitutes a dominant tackle and when its enforced or how random loose carries are compared to strips. refs can fucking decide whatever they want on game day

Top Bottom