General Adam Blair

Warrioraholic_old

I cant make the game this weekend ,but for anyone thats going I hope you give it to the storm but we should make Blair feel really welcomed. A few signs saying welcome to your new home Blair, we love you over here Adam etc.
And if anyone gets the chance to talk to him let him know we want him at the warriors for 2011.
Im sure warriors HQ have something planned, but sometimes its the little things that swing big descisions

Magic Stick_old

for sure...dont know why Blair would want to stay at that rubbish cheat club anyway

Anyone notice guys like Jeremy Smith,Adam Blair,Jeff Lima etc arent the guys got extra money.Only the Aussies got the extra coin

Warrioraholic_old

At the end of the day at this level, people want to win and the storm do that, and will continue to do that. Thats why people will stay and be attracted to it. Winning is a culture

Iafeta_old

for sure...dont know why Blair would want to stay at that rubbish cheat club anyway

Anyone notice guys like Jeremy Smith,Adam Blair,Jeff Lima etc arent the guys got extra money.Only the Aussies got the extra coin

Yep, I certainly did notice that. Surely the fact none of the Kiwi boys were in the named 13 can't be pure coincidence. I'd personally be dirty on the other blokes.

caine_old

Adam is close to signing with the West Tigers,Fingers cross he signs with us thou:mod

Fazz_old

I'd like him to sign but only if he plays prop...We have about 8,000 2nd rowers...

ToiletDuck_old

Yep, I certainly did notice that. Surely the fact none of the Kiwi boys were in the named 13 can't be pure coincidence. I'd personally be dirty on the other blokes.

Have we established they knew they were getting extra coin under the table? I haven't been following it closely enough...

And even if they knew, surely they'd have no idea who was and who wasn't also receiving extra shit...makes it a little hard to blame them, I'm sure most would be all for having their mates earn as much as possible, Aussie or not.

Jesbass_old

Have we established they knew they were getting extra coin under the table? I haven't been following it closely enough...

And even if they knew, surely they'd have no idea who was and who wasn't also receiving extra shit...makes it a little hard to blame them, I'm sure most would be all for having their mates earn as much as possible, Aussie or not.

Yep, a bitter pill to swallow, but I agree.

There's no evidence to prove that they knew, but at the same time, how do you not notice signing a second contract? There were also side letter agreements, but even those (or some of those) included blurbs that said the additional benefits didn't get counted in the salary cap, so ignorance isn't too harsh a call.

But not fronting up, guilty or otherwise, was just gutless.

Spence_old

I don't really want Blair, to be completely honest. That would mean Brown and Ta'ai would be only there for injury cover and I like those two players alot more than Blair. I know he's a great player and all, and I'd probably change my tune when I saw him in a Warriors jersey, but that's where I'm at currently.

insulinboi_old

I don't really want Blair, to be completely honest. That would mean Brown and Ta'ai would be only there for injury cover and I like those two players alot more than Blair. I know he's a great player and all, and I'd probably change my tune when I saw him in a Warriors jersey, but that's where I'm at currently.

Agreed. Blairy Fairy would be a waste of money when we already have a supply of good second rowers.

2big2strong_old

I'm pretty sure they were persuing him with the position of Prop in mind. That was his main position up until the last couple of years. He won a World Cup there.

Spence_old

Yeah, that's what I was hoping, but if I were him I wouldn't want to go back there. If he was signed as purely a prop, then of course, I'd love to have him.