Player Aaron Pene

Aaron Pene

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
I can’t imagine this young buck is going to sign with us to sit so far back in the pecking order that he won’t get any time. Stuck behind others at the Storm, I wouldnt be surprised if we told him we’d give him consistent minutes from the bench.

IMO this feels like a Bunty replacement. Not a star prop, but a young guy who has potential and eager to make an impact.

Good signing, I’d expect we’re still looking for a guy in the tier above (Liu/Woods/Lodge) to round out our pack

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
On another note, with Aaron pene coming in, maybe a big name forward for next year is looking unlikely like a Lodge, Liu or Finucane. Their trying to be really strategic with their cap by the looks of it🤷
I think we’ll still be in the market, Pene looks like a mid to lower tier signing - he knocked Vete out of the squad and is now pushing for consistent game time with the Storm so good time to get him imo. There are a few middles off contract, agree with Toookey, feels like Bunty to me. Could be wrong but they haven’t been able to get a deal done there by the sounds, dragged on for a while now.

Hopefully we‘ve stuck to our guns again so we can pick up some quality down the road.

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021
I can’t imagine this young buck is going to sign with us to sit so far back in the pecking order that he won’t get any time. Stuck behind others at the Storm, I wouldnt be surprised if we told him we’d give him consistent minutes from the bench.

IMO this feels like a Bunty replacement. Not a star prop, but a young guy who has potential and eager to make an impact.

Good signing, I’d expect we’re still looking for a guy in the tier above (Liu/Woods/Lodge) to round out our pack
Wood's stats are still quite solid too. I'd bring him in..I know the idea of woods coming has been rubbished here but he's tough and experienced, still averages more metres than our props barring Addin Fonua-Blake. My concern with him was he was an old style prop that might not be suited for the modern game and he's getting on in age, but I also thought the same about big Jared at the roosters a few months ago. Worth a punt I reckon.

Burncity warrior

1st Grade Fringe
May 11, 2021
I think we’ll still be in the market, Pene looks like a mid to lower tier signing - he knocked Vete out of the squad and is now pushing for consistent game time with the Storm so good time to get him imo. There are a few middles off contract, agree with Toookey, feels like Bunty to me. Could be wrong but they haven’t been able to get a deal done there by the sounds, dragged on for a while now.

Hopefully we‘ve stuck to our guns again so we can pick up some quality down the road.
Yeah true, doesn't necessarily mean they are bringing him in to put straight in our propping rotation, could be just building depth. Hope theres a bigger name on the Horizon.

Reactions: 6Again

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
Read on the Warriors site that they were close to signing Pene in 2019 but they didn’t have a spot open in their top 30. Could be under the radar if PO’S has had his eye on him for a while. Hard to say who he’s replacing at the moment, think it might be Bunty though.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Vodafone Warriors sign Storm prop Aaron Pene

The Vodafone Warriors have boosted their depth in middle forwards by signing Melbourne Storm front rower Aaron Pene on a two-year deal from next season.

A late developer at first-grade level, the 25-year-old made his NRL debut last year and has been in the Storm’s game day squad for their last three games.

Vodafone Warriors head coach Nathan Brown said Pene’s exposure to Melbourne’s renowned culture would be invaluable for the club.

“Aaron has been in a great system for the last couple of years so he’ll bring some good experience from a top team to our club,” he said.

“He’s got great leg speed and power and he’s now getting an opportunity to establish himself in Melbourne’s NRL squad this season. The modern game suits Aaron down to the ground.”

Of Samoan heritage, the 1.90m, 107kg Pene initially came through Parramatta’s under-20s in 2015 and 2016, had a stint at Penrith and has played in the New South Wales Cup and the Intrust Super Cup while he also had a year off playing park football.

“Aaron’s a late bloomer and we are very excited to have him onboard and welcome him to the club. He’ll fit into our culture really well,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George.

“Having Aaron join us is more good news for our members and fans. We’re building well for 2022 and beyond.”
Can we / are we negotiat(ing) to get him now? Ie early release our prop depth is fricking weak as your old man telling you to be happy with a shandy he bought for you when you are 18.

Don't know if that metaphor is a good one but work with me here...:)

kenny44

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 15, 2013
Saw some videos of Aaron Pene on YouTube. He seems to be very quick for a prop, alluding to Brown’s comments about leg speed. Also has good footwork, strong as well.

An astute signing considering the speed of the NRL today.

Guy seems fast. Running through the ruck like a FB at times.

Sounds like we've found a new propwing!

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Two pieces of good news today with Addin Fonua-Blake being named and the signing of Pene.

I haven't seen much of him. Looking forward to keeping a watch over him for the rest of the season. Obviously after signing someone the club will be pumping them up. But he seems like he helps with POS statements earlier in the year about a big pack. The comments on his leg speed etc sound promising.

Would be safe to assume one of our props would be on the way out to make room.

HoRneT041

1st Grade Fringe
Dec 4, 2018
Aaron Pene - seems to be a high energy player. I m looking forward to watching the game and seeing how he plays as I hadn’t heard of him.
He looks to be a Toby Rudolf type player.
I can see him working quite well with Jazz. Both being high energy players we could get some serious roll up field keeping the opposition backpedaling while Walsh and ??? take advantage of the space created.

Raw Power

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 30, 2016
Brisbane
Vodafone Warriors sign Storm prop Aaron Pene

The Vodafone Warriors have boosted their depth in middle forwards by signing Melbourne Storm front rower Aaron Pene on a two-year deal from next season.

A late developer at first-grade level, the 25-year-old made his NRL debut last year and has been in the Storm’s game day squad for their last three games.

Vodafone Warriors head coach Nathan Brown said Pene’s exposure to Melbourne’s renowned culture would be invaluable for the club.

“Aaron has been in a great system for the last couple of years so he’ll bring some good experience from a top team to our club,” he said.

“He’s got great leg speed and power and he’s now getting an opportunity to establish himself in Melbourne’s NRL squad this season. The modern game suits Aaron down to the ground.”

Of Samoan heritage, the 1.90m, 107kg Pene initially came through Parramatta’s under-20s in 2015 and 2016, had a stint at Penrith and has played in the New South Wales Cup and the Intrust Super Cup while he also had a year off playing park football.

“Aaron’s a late bloomer and we are very excited to have him onboard and welcome him to the club. He’ll fit into our culture really well,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George.

“Having Aaron join us is more good news for our members and fans. We’re building well for 2022 and beyond.”
Watching the Storm game, he di catch my attention, and I did wonder who this new guy was who was making an good impact each time hitting the ball up and my thought was typical Storm, they can bring anyone on from the system to do a job well!
Warm Welcome to the Warriors Mr. Aaron Pene!

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings