General A question for the tech geeks.

Reaction score

Northern_Union

I've lost my CD to configure my 22inch monitor. Is there a site on the net that i can download software to correctly configure the monitor to my new PC?

Cheers chaps.

Reaction score

Warrioraholic_old

Configure monitor? dont they just auto detect and everything is adjusted through the videocard? try the manafactures website. But just plug in play.......

Reaction score

ToiletDuck_old

Yeah most should be plug and play? But if not either go to the manufacturer's website or just search the model of your screen in google and add like '+driver' or whatever.

Reaction score

Northern_Union

Yeah it plug and plays but to actually configure the colours and shades of gray and the like you have to configure them.

Reaction score

Northern_Union

You have to configure the temperaturing and colour timing and the like to properly set up a LCD monitor.

Reaction score

Warrioraholic_old

Its all done through your video card!!! :)

Reaction score

Northern_Union

Ahhh now thats what i'm talking about. Thanks Attila.

Reaction score

attila_the_gorilla

I think the best is to download the images and view them full screen with an image viewing software, rather than through the browser.

Reaction score

Northern_Union

Attila what setting needs to be adjusted to make shades merg rather than looking like stand alone colours?

Reaction score
FuNQie

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I’m using webmailox.com.au to access a community group’s email. I have to check it every day, as I do mailshots for us and others (mailchimp) and it’s our only email address.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1. webmailox has been down over the past few days, tho over the past few months it’s been fine. Is it known to be iffy?

2. my laptop (Win10, Avira free version running), which I use for said email, developed some problems just at the same time as My not being to access the email properly (I could login to webmailox, but then hitting reply was as far as I could go with it.) Is it possible for webmailox to be under assault of some kind and for that to ‘infect’ my laptop???
I can boot up, but when I click anything on the desktop I just get that little spinning thing - that would normally only appear for a split second or so - spinning away forever. I’ve reloaded Win10, but it went back to the same issue. Tho of course I was trying to do stuff with webmailox again, so the reason could be the same.

Apologies for all the untechnical descriptions.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
I’m using webmailox.com.au to access a community group’s email. I have to check it every day, as I do mailshots for us and others (mailchimp) and it’s our only email address.

Any help greatly appreciated!

1. webmailox has been down over the past few days, tho over the past few months it’s been fine. Is it known to be iffy?

2. my laptop (Win10, Avira free version running), which I use for said email, developed some problems just at the same time as My not being to access the email properly (I could login to webmailox, but then hitting reply was as far as I could go with it.) Is it possible for webmailox to be under assault of some kind and for that to ‘infect’ my laptop???
I can boot up, but when I click anything on the desktop I just get that little spinning thing - that would normally only appear for a split second or so - spinning away forever. I’ve reloaded Win10, but it went back to the same issue. Tho of course I was trying to do stuff with webmailox again, so the reason could be the same.

Apologies for all the untechnical descriptions.
Not familiar with webmailox....tbh could be a wide range of things. Can you access the account on another device? Do you have the same issues?

Why cant you use something like gmail?

Reaction score
FuNQie

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Not familiar with webmailox....tbh could be a wide range of things. Can you access the account on another device? Do you have the same issues?

Why cant you use something like gmail?
Thanks for that, tajhay. When I accessed it on a library PC earlier it was down. But it is back up again now I can see on my iPhone.

Gmail? I use gmail, I like it, but I didn’t think it was possible to use other domain email addresses with it. Checking just this minute I find that it is, tho for me it looks complicated to set up.
There are other users of this same email address so I’d need to be sure before recommending that route that accessing and sending thru the gmail portal is seamless for all users. I guess it is.

We’d also lose any email history In the conversion process, which is a major consideration.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
Thanks for that, tajhay. When I accessed it on a library PC earlier it was down. But it is back up again now I can see on my iPhone.

Gmail? I use gmail, I like it, but I didn’t think it was possible to use other domain email addresses with it. Checking just this minute I find that it is, tho for me it looks complicated to set up.
There are other users of this same email address so I’d need to be sure before recommending that route that accessing and sending thru the gmail portal is seamless for all users. I guess it is.

We’d also lose any email history In the conversion process, which is a major consideration.
Its actually pretty seamless process. You will also be able to use your gmail to SEND as either account.

Email History? As in past email trail? Or past emails? Google has some good collaborative tools as well. All really depends on how you guys use your emails right now.

Reaction score
FuNQie

FuNQie

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Its actually pretty seamless process. You will also be able to use your gmail to SEND as either account.

Email History? As in past email trail? Or past emails? Google has some good collaborative tools as well. All really depends on how you guys use your emails right now.
Past emails. We may have to bite the bullet, tho.

Seamless is great!

Top Bottom