Post Match 2023 Broncos vs Warriors - Week 3 Finals (Post Match)

Rate the Match !

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• D

• E

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow how good was the Broncos line speed? They will give the Panthers a scare, Walsh is a deadset star, reminds me of Billy Slater. Thought the Broncs wingers and centres were fantastic.Proud of the boys and what they have accomplished this year, nothing to be ashamed of. While bad the forward pass would have made a little to no difference we were blown off the park. Panthers and Broncos were a step above us and the Storm. Gave the game a C but the Season a B+.

Again these are the 1%'s I'm looking at.

I have at times been critical of Tohu's lateral defence this season. Last week was herculean and needed to be repeated. Last night the issue was he is so critical on at as a ball playing lock, that when he doesn't play that role, our attack stifles. It looked like his groin / knee was fucked and you could see he wasn't taking the ball to the line and passing *at pace*.

Watch the replay from 20mins and focus on Tohu. He's completely stuffed. Cant run. You know his body is done in because he has the heart of a lion.

Like Penrith without both Luai and Yeo, we become one dimensional.
Bloody good analysis as were your comments from viewing the game at the game.
Still you are right but we fell asleep.

NRL always try to avoid controversial stuff on their website. Absolute howler that call.

I don't buy in that it changed the momentum of the game. I still don't see a way for the Warriors to win last night with Brisbane starting to fire when they did. But alas, I'm sure plenty of you will want to see a team win 3 in a row because of it.

Hell of a season guys, I can't wait to see what happens next year with the Warriors. You have a premiership window opening I reckon.
I'm not bitter about the Broncos and wanting the Panthers to win a 3rd premiership because of it.

I posted last night that the two times we lost in a preliminary final the team that beat us went on to win the premiership.

I'm a bit torn for next week as Cleary being at the Panthers there is a bit of a Warriors connection, and they are good to watch with how clinical they can be. But I also get sour on the way their players behave.

Before the Warriors came along the Broncos were one of my teams. Our holiday destination used to be Brisbane and we'd schedule it around games.

When my team gets knocked out I typically go for that team to win as you can then go through the off season thinking well we got knocked out but at least it was by the team that won.

Next year the NRL is changing its name to NRLE (National Rugby League Entertainment) this shit is going to Vegas and turning more into WWE by the Year. Story lines written… Broncos have had everything go their way this year. Soon refs will be getting knocked out by plastic chairs. Peter V’landys is just another Vince McMahon and Abdo is his little puppet.
Brisbane only had to leave thier state 3 times this year. Aka away games lol

NRL always try to avoid controversial stuff on their website. Absolute howler that call.

I don't buy in that it changed the momentum of the game. I still don't see a way for the Warriors to win last night with Brisbane starting to fire when they did. But alas, I'm sure plenty of you will want to see a team win 3 in a row because of it.

Hell of a season guys, I can't wait to see what happens next year with the Warriors. You have a premiership window opening I reckon.
Was at the game. As soon as Broncs scored their first I could feel it. Brisbane were winning the collision on both sides of the ball. Refs were shit but so what. Must be dreaming if you think we'd get favours from an aussie ref, in an aussie comp, playing the Broncs, at home.

Undecided who I want to win. I like Cleary and co, and Kevvie is a pretender being carried by his team. I guess may the best team win on the night.

Last edited:
Fascinating that they see Egan’s pass out of dummy half clearly which is marginal but they don’t see this which at every angle is blatantly forward. If the refs vision is following the ball, which is the area the ref is always watching-around the ball, there’s no way you could not see it being the distance the player had overrun Walsh.
Egans pass wasnt forward, no one at the ground could spot it, and even Broncs fans were calling the ref out.

Unlucky guys.

I think it was always going to be a tough ask for the Warriors beating the Broncos at Suncorp when they've had the week off and with the form they're in. Both the Broncos and Panthers have really been a level above everyone else this year. Still you guys fought your asses off and made a lot of Broncos fans very nervous.

That forward pass was an absolute shocker but I don't think it decided the contest. For mine Broncos still go on with it.

It's been a great season for you guys. There's a lot to be proud of and a lot to be excited about in the next couple of years. If you guys have some better luck with injuries and with RTS coming back, I think the Warriors are going to be stronger next year and can definitely see another top 4 finish and a potential GF appearance.

The two finals losses gives us a lot to work off over the off season. I said after the Panthers game it was like a fighter going into a title fight, going into the championship rounds and realising there is another level. The Broncos game is similar in that we met a team a step ahead.

Turning around from a 15th finish to a game off a Grand Final appearance is an amazing achievement. Especially in the first year under a new coach.

They would have built a base to work off this year. We need to add elements over the off season.

The big challenge will be backing up this year. We have had years where we have made it this far or even the Grand Final and fallen off the following year. The Eels this year is also a good example. They lost a quite a few key players, we don't have that issue.

Egans pass wasnt forward, no one at the ground could spot it, and even Broncs fans were calling the ref out.
So by my estimation there’s that, the broncos forward pass, Barnett penalised for very similar high contact that Egan suffered when staying down without penalty, Staggs nothing to answer when doing similarly to Pompey for his sin bin. I’ve read people saying we also got calls our way, what were those?

So by my estimation there’s that, the broncos forward pass, Barnett penalised for very similar high contact that Egan suffered when staying down without penalty, Staggs nothing to answer when doing similarly to Pompey for his sin bin. I’ve read people saying we also got calls our way, what were those?
Forward passes, couple of soft calls early on.

But broncs had the momentum for 75% of the game.

It was absolutely not forward. But they were throwing plenty that Warriors fans aren't talking about. Hell, one even lead to a penalty and a try soon after for the Wahs.

Was that the professional foul by Staggs on having his hands on a Warriors player - can’t remember who that was?

How is Pompey’s worse that he gets 10 in the bin while we only get a penalty from that foul??

Maybe I don’t know the rules or maybe it’s Ref incompetent bias…

Was that the professional foul by Staggs on having his hands on a Warriors player - can’t remember who that was?

How is Pompey’s worse that he gets 10 in the bin while we only get a penalty from that foul??

I think once the emotion is gone, you'll see that the match was just another NRL reffed match. The refs didn't direct the result of this game though. There was a very bad call, and some regular misses we see every week, and it wouldn't be an NRL ref without some inconsistency in enforcing the rules.

I'd need to watch it back, it wasn't a big enough deal to me really. Dallin was try scorer though.

It was absolutely not forward. But they were throwing plenty that Warriors fans aren't talking about. Hell, one even lead to a penalty and a try soon after for the Wahs.
What’s happening with Riki with you guys paying big money to Walsh and Mam? Would love him or Piakura to come to us.

Back