General A cool game

Northern_Union

A few years ago i played a game through the Parramatta web site where you got to pick 13 players from all the NRL club rosters. When a player in your team got a try/drop goal/penalty or what ever you got the points for your team. You competed against others people and there teams to see who won.
Does anyone know if anyone is running this sort of comp now?

2big2strong_old

there's heaps, most of them are crap though because there is too many. i know of about 15 but they're all watered down and boring. they need one strong one that everyone is apart of. I actually think 'BIG league' magazine runs one online somewhere.?.?

Jesbass_old

Hi guys. I'm very seriously considering getting a trial of this up and running on the forums, here, if I can get my head around it.

I'd want each player to only be available for a single team, rather than everyone having the same players. I'd also like to involve the salary cap with more accomplished players worth more money.

Mr Holmes, how does it work over at the one you're using? I see Epalahame Lauaki has two points - how did he score those? Are points also attributed for the real life player having a good game, even if they don't score points on the board?

Samoan Souljah_old

i know it does on virtual nrl ... you get 4 points for a try and you can get forward tries when i think they get a certain amount of hit ups and tackles ... not 100% on how it works i juss knew somebody that used to do it ...

Jesbass_old

Interesting. Another thing I'd like to consider is the defensive game - a bonus for a successful tackle, for example, and a double negative for a missed tackle.

Paul Holmes_old

Jesbass said:
Mr Holmes, how does it work over at the one you're using? I see Epalahame Lauaki has two points - how did he score those? Are points also attributed for the real life player having a good game, even if they don't score points on the board?
im not too sure how that works to be honest but the old virtual nrl way was better because forwards dont seem to be all that effective in this game, like samoan souljah said about the virtual nrl players were awarded points after they had reached so many metres or made so many tackles which worked a lot better

Jesbass_old

Paul Holmes said:
Jesbass said:
im not too sure how that works to be honest but the old virtual nrl way was better because forwards dont seem to be all that effective in this game, like samoan souljah said about the virtual nrl players were awarded points after they had reached so many metres or made so many tackles which worked a lot better

So the match scores are a combination of the real points posted on the board, along with metres gained, tackles made, and so on? What happens if you select your seventeen and one of oyur players gets injured? Do you chose a new seventeen each week, or have the same team throughout the length of the competition?

Paul Holmes_old

Jesbass said:
Paul Holmes said:
Jesbass said:

So the match scores are a combination of the real points posted on the board, along with metres gained, tackles made, and so on? What happens if you select your seventeen and one of oyur players gets injured? Do you chose a new seventeen each week, or have the same team throughout the length of the competition?
im pretty sure you picked a squad of 25 to allow for injuries, byes, suspensions etc
the points given for 'forward tries' were only given after that player has passed a certain threshold of say 100m gained or over 40 tackles etc

Jesbass_old

Paul Holmes said:
Jesbass said:
Paul Holmes said:
Jesbass said:

im pretty sure you picked a squad of 25 to allow for injuries, byes, suspensions etc
the points given for 'forward tries' were only given after that player has passed a certain threshold of say 100m gained or over 40 tackles etc

Okay, thanks. I'll have a sit down when I have some spare time and try to figure out a suitable system, and compare it to real life results. I hope to have something worth testing by the finals series, and we can trial it then, and see how it goes. :)

madbaz_old

https://nrldreamteam.sportal.com.au/?p=index

Im currently in this one. Its the best ive seen. You get 2 trades a week to cover season ending injuries and Taulapapa incidents. Your captain gets double points and only your nominated kicker scores from kicks. You get the standard salary cap and the players values are recalculated as the season goes on acording to their performance.
It has the option the research players and positions.

Jesbass_old

Thanks for that, madbaz. I'll take a look and see if there is any information I can glean from what they're doing over there. ;)