General 2023 Warriors Jerseys and Merchandise

nzwarrior51

I don't think many people thought the Jersey would change for next year but the store now has the "2023 playing shorts"- and they the same as this years (literally, it is the exact same image lol) so other than the sponsor change, there isn't going to be anything to look forward to in terms of a new home/away jersey.

Also they have released a Navy version of that training jersey spotted yesterday..

View attachment 49207
That looks harsh. I like what they tried to do but the navy doesn’t work for me and that one logo looks hard to work with.
I hope they release the white version

Reactions: Billyspleen75
kiwiborn91

kiwiborn91

I don't know why but I love it so much and am really enjoying the dark blue/navy and how bold everything looks on it >< haha but im weird

Reactions: marv
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Meh, don’t like yet another shade. Might be just because I’m used to Vodafone but the one.nz logo looks off somehow

TheMorningEmu

TheMorningEmu

I’d be disappointed if we changed home jerseys, it’s our best ever IMO

This may need its own thread but home jerseys wise-
1. 2019-2020
2. 2022-2023
3. 2001-2002
4. 1995-1996
5. 2015-2016
6. 1997-1999
7. 2012-2014
8. 2021
9. 2006-2008
10. 2017-2018
11. 2003-2005
12. 2009-2011
13. 2000

It really does change for me all the time though.

The One.NZ logo on that training jersey is HUGE. It is just a training jersey after all so they can afford to take the piss a bit in that regard, but the vodafone logo on the 2022 Training Jersey was the same size as it was on actual playing jerseys..

zaggo

zaggo

Christ alive - when I saw that training jersey I said "what the f***" out loud, it's that ugly.

I'm not filled with confidence with this Puma training gear - it all looks cheap, yet holds a crazy price tag. Normally buy a singlet every year but you couldn't pay me to wear that shocker.

kiwiborn91

kiwiborn91

Haha not knocking on anyone’s opinions coz all valid! And the price tag is crazy no doubt but shook at how many people don’t seem to like much of the new stuff!
The first few things they realised looked cheap but the singlet and the training shirt are 🔥🔥 maybe they’ll look better in person? 😂😂
Again no shade haha just figuring out why I’m the only one that loves it haha

Billyspleen75

Billyspleen75

Christ alive - when I saw that training jersey I said "what the f***" out loud, it's that ugly.

I'm not filled with confidence with this Puma training gear - it all looks cheap, yet holds a crazy price tag. Normally buy a singlet every year but you couldn't pay me to wear that shocker.

Yea I honestly thought the poster had made a half decent photoshop attempt. Like clearly not the real thing, but an alright job for a bloke on his laptop

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Haha not knocking on anyone’s opinions coz all valid! And the price tag is crazy no doubt but shook at how many people don’t seem to like much of the new stuff!
The first few things they realised looked cheap but the singlet and the training shirt are 🔥🔥 maybe they’ll look better in person? 😂😂
So ummm how long have you been working at Puma for? Any chance you could hook the forum up with wholesale prices???

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
Think I am actually missing the Vodafone logo…
It was easier on the eye too because you could be easily adapt the Vodafone red to the clubs red. Very few people would give a shit about the actual shade of red used. That new logo is going to look horrible against all our traditional colours regardless of what you do with it I reckon. I dont envy the designers job. Will look like the Knights jersey Im thinking...

1536 949

Akuma_81

Akuma_81

Unimaginative designs and so overpriced it’s not funny. $90 for a training singlet?! That’s almost the same price as a Nike NBA Swingman jersey! Both the training shirt and singlets are essentially plain navy blue, with a tiny bit of colour on the sides, and printed on logos! Those logos end up peeling off after a few washes too. Plus it’s going to take me a loooooooong time to get used to that massive Iron Man logo on the front of all our gear.
But as you said each to their own and happy spending. You never know, it just may look better in the flesh?

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Yes I agree, way overpriced, not enough value, wrong shade of blue, looks like a Smurf version of South’s, bring back bluer blue, bring back black - who do they think we are?! So I got this one….

Attachments

• 3308F1FE-D836-46DC-834D-8D0E2B024E17.jpeg
    3308F1FE-D836-46DC-834D-8D0E2B024E17.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 12
snake77

snake77

So ummm how long have you been working at Puma for? Any chance you could hook the forum up with wholesale prices???
I got a similar response when making fun of the ugly bush jersey a few years ago. Said it should of had a collar to fit in with the ugly swandrai look. Had a CCC employee respond how that would be bad for a playing point of view as tacklers could grab the collar like he was pointing out something not well known. Think my joke for that monstrosity went over his head.

Even though collars and their disadvantages have been known. Clubs have had heritage jerseys with collars to match the jersey they are based on.

kiwiborn91

kiwiborn91

Yeah if you all pledge your allegiances to Puma and admit how much you love every single piece we have dropped I'll give you a cheeky discount! :p

Nahhh but legit love the new stuff - shall see how it looks once I have it on!

Reactions: mt.wellington
TheMorningEmu

TheMorningEmu

I got a similar response when making fun of the ugly bush jersey a few years ago. Said it should of had a collar to fit in with the ugly swandrai look. Had a CCC employee respond how that would be bad for a playing point of view as tacklers could grab the collar like he was pointing out something not well known. Think my joke for that monstrosity went over his head.

Even though collars and their disadvantages have been known. Clubs have had heritage jerseys with collars to match the jersey they are based on.

Loved the way the Roosters went about including the collar in their heritage jersey. It was only small and it looks like it was sown down so getting collared was a non-issue.
It was almost embarrassing seeing how well done their heritage was compared to our '02 remake with the chevron that did not go over the shoulders/with miss-matched shorts Screen Shot 2022 11 30 at 14817 PM

Damo

Damo

Contributor
Loved the way the Roosters went about including the collar in their heritage jersey. It was only small and it looks like it was sown down so getting collared was a non-issue.
It was almost embarrassing seeing how well done their heritage was compared to our '02 remake with the chevron that did not go over the shoulders/with miss-matched shorts View attachment 49235
Those mismatched shorts ruined it so much for me, why oh why did they think that was a good idea.

Blackdot

Blackdot

It was almost embarrassing seeing how well done their heritage was compared to our '02 remake with the chevron that did not go over the shoulders/with miss-matched shorts View attachment 49235

For what it's worth (not much), it's probably fair to note that those were simply the Roosters standard home shorts rather than special shorts. I am not sure whether it would have been a better solution to have heritage style black shorts for home/away for all of 2022, as that would also clash with our blue and white tops. I agree the shorts looked naff with our heritage jersey, but I think it was a lose-lose scenario. Hopefully the NRL start allowing specialty one-off shorts again next season.

Akuma_81

Akuma_81

Those mismatched shorts ruined it so much for me, why oh why did they think that was a good idea.
It was purely due to a supply issue from Puma. They were meant to have black shorts and socks but Puma couldn’t get their act together. They had no choice to go with the white shorts and socks as the only alternative was the blue, so imagine how much more of an eye sore that would have been!
Our mates at Puma aye!