General 2023 NZ Warriors Preseason

Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

Who here has a grasp on the value of a pre season to the clubs success over 24 rounds? What are the benefits and in what areas is pre season important? Is it purely physical conditioning or is it actually building the culture ? And if so is the regular season so busy that it’s hard to make adjustments that weren’t already solidified in pre season?

I’ve been hearing about pre seasons for the last 10 years and I’m really wondering what Value they bring to the team. If it’s just conditioning all good I can then lower my expectations and focus on individual players who have had a good pre season to then be fit and if not I can blame a poor pre season or is there actual team culture standards set or are they developed throughout the season? I just need to know as a fan if I’m expecting too much from pre season as a barometer and season defining element towards success.

Paulo24

Paulo24

Who here has a grasp on the value of a pre season to the clubs success over 24 rounds? What are the benefits and in what areas is pre season important? Is it purely physical conditioning or is it actually building the culture ? And if so is the regular season so busy that it’s hard to make adjustments that weren’t already solidified in pre season?

I’ve been hearing about pre seasons for the last 10 years and I’m really wondering what Value they bring to the team. If it’s just conditioning all good I can then lower my expectations and focus on individual players who have had a good pre season to then be fit and if not I can blame a poor pre season or is there actual team culture standards set or are they developed throughout the season? I just need to know as a fan if I’m expecting too much from pre season as a barometer and season defining element towards success.
Remember we had the hardcore Ozzie trainer who lasted one year. I remember we started the year real well that year. He made them run all the time and had them real fit. I think it was Kearneys first year? They beat South’s first up and made the semis I think.

AlexM

AlexM

Building culture IS about hard physical conditioning. Like working hard in a group or squad or whatever bonds people together. Like an Army squad type of vibe.

AlexM

AlexM

Remember we had the hardcore Ozzie trainer who lasted one year. I remember we started the year real well that year. He made them run all the time and had them real fit. I think it was Kearneys first year? They beat South’s first up and made the semis I think.
Corvo was here for like 3 years wasn't he?
2018 was a freak year really. The gap between first and 8th was like 4 comp points. If Shaun Johnson had stayed we couldve actually built to some consistency I reckon.

Paulo24

Paulo24

I wish a legs tackle was rewarded. Like you can’t play the ball until the tackler gets back to marker. Will never happen but the legs tackle will be extinct in a few decades.
Yeah, had a 3 count or something. Is it safer? Maybe?

JaggedJ

I wish a legs tackle was rewarded. Like you can’t play the ball until the tackler gets back to marker. Will never happen but the legs tackle will be extinct in a few decades.

Second Man in should be allowed to pin longer allowing time for the legs tackler to get back to marker.

Reactions: Rizzah
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
More photos of pre season on face book it won't let me post a link but search

One NZ Warriors

drake83

Great initiative but ditch the media and make it a week doing real hard work. Monday to Friday. 50 hour week. Roading is good but do asphalt work, spreading metal or hand digging culverts all week. Get them labouring for blockies and chippies. Running gib into sites on gib truck gangs. Digging holes with drainlayers. Real physical work that makes you think hard about your life choices.

Then get a no holds barred report from the bosses. Any player slacking off gets their contract ripped up. Have it as a condition in contracts.

Go for real cuture changing effects. Not another media build up story to give fans yet more false hope...
I'd love to see them running carpet and vinyl up flights of stairs for contractors in apartment blocks

drake83

2018 started 5-0 then went 50vpercent for the rest of the season were 2 wins out of the top 4 or minor premiership can't remember but finished 8th.