Recruitment 2023/2024 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

geepee

Give us a little bit of goss GP, are we talking mid or low tier signing? NRL experience? Superleague swap?

You don't have to give us everything, but give us a little something to look forward to Christmas for 😉

at this stage the backs are more senior lever reserve grader types ( which we lack hence williame signing )

prop wise nothing special either more just impact of the bench which current of the bench props cant

Noitall

Noitall

yes i would say the young hooker siro afoa yes hes fan fav but we can do better and pompey be gone heard

hoping they don't touch montoya
All those players except Otukolo are on their final year anyway, are you saying they won’t be re signed or the club are trying to part ways now with them as looks the case with Ben Murdoch-Masila? What’s the holdup with Otukolo to panthers?

geepee

All those players except Otukolo are on their final year anyway, are you saying they won’t be re signed or the club are trying to part ways now with them as looks the case with Ben Murdoch-Masila? What’s the holdup with Otukolo to panthers?
i believe it all is coming down to the Collective Bargaining Agreement with few clubs unsure what they have left to offer hence hes not signed

yeah, i been told they can look elsewhere or take very reduced contracts

Noitall

Noitall

Great news about Ben Murdoch-Masila. Just doesn't have the motor for NRL. Also more a back rower, which we are sorted for.

Sironen is another odd man out with Otukolo.. But apparently is a great team man, can see him taking an opportunity at a Sydney team if the option comes up.

I wonder if Kerr is still linked to us, I think he would offer us some solid prop starch that we're lacking.
Not sure how I feel about potentially losing Otukolo, Lussick has put some muscle on his frame and I hope he’s done work work on his passing. Might become more of a lock. Otukolo strikes me as a Fainu type player without the jail time of course, but a crisp pass. Ben Murdoch-Masila has been disappointing but wonder if there’s no nrl interest or we are lining up a super league player? If we are losing Afoa too, likely will need 2 props unless a up and comer can step up. Definitely wouldn’t say no to Kerr but I hope we’re aiming higher too.

geepee

Great news about Ben Murdoch-Masila. Just doesn't have the motor for NRL. Also more a back rower, which we are sorted for.

Sironen is another odd man out with Otukolo.. But apparently is a great team man, can see him taking an opportunity at a Sydney team if the option comes up.

I wonder if Kerr is still linked to us, I think he would offer us some solid prop starch that we're lacking.
i hope so or one of the two props from tigers or the turk at raiders

Reactions: Up the guttz
Blain

Blain

Not sure how I feel about potentially losing Otukolo, Lussick has put some muscle on his frame and I hope he’s done work work on his passing. Might become more of a lock. Otukolo strikes me as a Fainu type player without the jail time of course, but a crisp pass. Ben Murdoch-Masila has been disappointing but wonder if there’s no nrl interest or we are lining up a super league player? If we are losing Afoa too, likely will need 2 props unless a up and comer can step up. Definitely wouldn’t say no to Kerr but I hope we’re aiming higher too.

I'd be really surprised is Afoa didn't play the 2023 season for the Warriors. He's hardly a guy Aussie clubs will be looking to get. Might not be re signed after though.

Otukolo looks like a decent prospect, but when you have Egan, Lussick, Walker and Tevaga signed up, he's taking a spot in a position we don't need. I wouldn't be surprised to if Webster wants to see the team a bit before ticking off letting guys leave.

Noitall

Noitall

I'd be really surprised is Afoa didn't play the 2023 season for the Warriors. He's hardly a guy Aussie clubs will be looking to get. Might not be re signed after though.

Otukolo looks like a decent prospect, but when you have Egan, Lussick, Walker and Tevaga signed up, he's taking a spot in a position we don't need. I wouldn't be surprised to if Webster wants to see the team a bit before ticking off letting guys leave.
With rumours surrounding Leota and Leniu, hopefully Otukolo holds some bargaining potential with the panthers a bit light at hooker.

Noitall

Noitall

With Mitch Kenny, Soni Luke, Luke Sommerton & Ryley Smith (2021 Australian Schoolboys) it's actually odd that they would be on the hunt for another #9. Luke is on the final year of his deal however
Don’t think Kenny has come along as much as they hoped and Luke is 27 and only just getting his shot. Otukolo is a very bright prospect, looked like he could handle the step up after good form in the lower grades.

Reactions: zegy and Defence