Recruitment 2023/2024 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

Cces

Cces

Whats the deal with Ali Leiataua? Is he quite promising? When can we hope to have him pushing for a regular first grade spot? Guessing a few years at least
Ali Lauititi's nephew. 13 tries in 13 games for Redcliffe U21's this year. They threw him on for a few minutes during the preseason game vs the Storm. The physicality looks there from the small sample I saw in the U21's final.
Has played a bit of Fullback growing up & had a game at Standoff this year but looks like Centre is his go

Peewee

Wright, I don't think he is 4th option, he is tied for 2nd, Dylan is gonna be on the bench so will only be a centre if there are injuries.

1. Viliame
2. Pompey/Williame
3. Berry

I can see Berry leapfrogging them both if he gets a chance, I can also see him bombing out, will depend who we put around him. Pompey just doesn't seem to be able to go to the next level, 2023 is his make or break year, in a good team he would be backup material.
So going by your analogy that Montoya was a good buy because he is 2nd best wing, Willi is a good buy too.
On a side note Viliame And Williame at centres is going to send blocker into a tailspin.
Williame and Viliame Are they the same guy or what?

Socrates

Brayden Williame is a good signing experienced yet still to reach his full potential. He will not let the team down through poor defensive reads I.e Pompey & will compliment the backline with his versatility and consistency. The two centre positions are up for grabs and it will come down to who works hardest & performs through the pre-season that will determine who starts round 1. Who wants it most?

Wrighty

Wrighty

When the cba is signed we will see some teams make some recruitment decisions

"with the Rugby League Players Association and Australian Rugby League Commission still locked in negotiations over the new collective bargaining agreement, no concrete offers can be made to players because the salary cap remains unknown."

RLPA chief Clint Newton believes a deal is close to being finalised in what have been incredibly tense and drawn-out negotiations"

My hunch is it will take another week to get it signed. Maybe by next Friday.

Tony Martin

Tony Martin

I come here most days to see if we've signed NAS or Leota, but I'm starting to think this is really the team.
With what feels like the game moving away from the traditional prop. I think Jackson ford has been signed to play prop. The roosters had Connor Watson and Egan butcher come off the bench and play prop last year. Penriths props arnt big. Jackson ford also looks to have also beefed up from last year also

Dannevegas

Dannevegas

How did we not look into Setu Tu, him and Vailea would be an unreal combo on the edge.
He’s a razzle dazzle type winger, a combo of Mulitalo and To’o. But we keep the likes of Kosi who I know has grown on a lot of people, but is a bit overrated just another Ken and Fuss imo.

Wheels

Wheels

How did we not look into Setu Tu, him and Vailea would be an unreal combo on the edge.
He’s a razzle dazzle type winger, a combo of Mulitalo and To’o. But we keep the likes of Kosi who I know has grown on a lot of people, but is a bit overrated just another Ken and Fuss imo.
I reckon Kosi could be really good and has more potential than Ken and a better attitude than Fuss. He is definitely a little raw in some areas but I think because he wants it more he will be better than both of them. Also he has bounced back from adversity so has some resilience.

Toookey

Toookey

Screenshot 2022 12 09 18 06 49 00 1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9

I know it's not recruitment specific, but f*ck man, how often do we hear stories like this about players going to other clubs and being blown away with their training or preseason etc.

When are we going to get it right, or have stories come out about how good/challenging etc our boys are. This is the kind of shit I really want to see

Blackdot

Blackdot

Is he shown in the social media pre-season pics and you recognised him?
I don’t have any knowledge of him, but here he is:

318815727_702464634797373_8333364269869847255_n.jpg