Recruitment 2023/2024 Warriors Recruitment DISCUSSION

geepee

Yup n that's a huge issue ,but unless we pick up senior train n trail players or the young hooker and Ben Murdoch-Masila go ,don't see how else we do it. unless all the juniors in squad from this year go down to reserve grade which I don't see happening

Noitall

Noitall

Yup n that's a huge issue ,but unless we pick up senior train n trail players or the young hooker and Ben Murdoch-Masila go ,don't see how else we do it. unless all the juniors in squad from this year go down to reserve grade which I don't see happening
It seems Otukolo is a matter of time, perhaps we sign someone for this year because the other props in Leniu and Flegler we’re linked to come off contract in 2024. I could see Ben Murdoch-Masila and Sironen not extended, Montoya, Pompey and Kosi fighting it out for wing/centre and Shaun Johnson not extended for 2024.

Toookey

Toookey

We deffo need another prop for 2023 and beyond, but we all know there's not much out there.

Instead of getting a solid player like Kerr for 3 years starting 2023, I'd rather see us take someone like a Tapau or experienced player on a 1 year, while capturing a Leniu or bigger prior for 2024.

When are we thinking/hoping the Kepus are good to go week in/week out NRL wise. It seems so many props, even ones with big potential like Leniu still only get a consistent bench spot once they hit 23-25 years of age

Toookey

Toookey

It seems Otukolo is a matter of time, perhaps we sign someone for this year because the other props in Leniu and Flegler we’re linked to come off contract in 2024. I could see Ben Murdoch-Masila and Sironen not extended, Montoya, Pompey and Kosi fighting it out for wing/centre and Shaun Johnson not extended for 2024.

I would guess end of 2023 we will lose Ben Murdoch-Masila, Jazz, Sirro, Shaun Johnson, and Pompey. Plus Lodges money and hopefully a reduction on Tohus contract for his last few years, we should have a bit if coin to spend

geepee

to be honest and its brutal, spencer you got to cashed up club in dragons n wests chasing, and fledger you got manly who are very articulate with what threy give their players and the fact he( fledger ) has good relationship with Anthoney would suggest we could struggle (and it sounds like both want be in Sydney)

Last edited:
Noitall

Noitall

also i have heard the broncos are struggling to keep roxy ( bmms mrs there so i think thats why they are looking at swap 4 fledger don't see it happening some how
Broncos looking to trade Flegler? Had seen manly $4mil offer but nothing about a trade on the table.

Reactions: bruce
Noitall

Noitall

We deffo need another prop for 2023 and beyond, but we all know there's not much out there.

Instead of getting a solid player like Kerr for 3 years starting 2023, I'd rather see us take someone like a Tapau or experienced player on a 1 year, while capturing a Leniu or bigger prior for 2024.

When are we thinking/hoping the Kepus are good to go week in/week out NRL wise. It seems so many props, even ones with big potential like Leniu still only get a consistent bench spot once they hit 23-25 years of age
Someone worth a look I think is Terrell May at the roosters, brother of Taylan. Doesn’t seem to be locked up at the roosters and had heard panthers were keen to reunite them which would block the likes of Leniu and Blacker there. Could jump in first.

Dunedin warrior

You may be right but hope you are wrong Geepee. Using our last two top 30 positions on upgrading juniors instead of signing the likes of Josh Kerr seems errant thinking,

Depends on how much they rate the juniors Wrighty. Josh Kerr has some talent and size we need, but he hasn’t really kicked on.

I’d still like him in the hope he could breakout like Lane did at the Eels, but I wouldn’t say he’s a must have.

geepee

unless we see a whole heap of guys go to reserve grade from our 30 of this year i highly doubt, we get more players