Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Former Gold Coast play maker Ash Taylor has been upgraded to a fulltime NRL contract for the Vodafone Warriors’ 2022 campaign.

The 26-year-old Queenslander was initially signed on a train and trial deal in October with a club top 30 option for 2022.

“We’re excited to confirm Ash is staying with us. He has been a great addition since joining the club and has more than met our expectations,” said Vodafone Warriors general manager football Craig Hodges.

Ash has fitted in well with our group and we we’re really enjoying having him around,” said Vodafone Warriors captain Tohu Harris. “He has given us an experienced voice and has added to the competition in our halves

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Good news on Ash Taylor.
He can play just got to have his mind clear and motivated.
I ve watched zillions of Titans games live. He is not much of a talker so Shaun Johnson will be in charge.
Maybe N Brown or Stacey actually I reckon Stace can motivate Ash!
the thing that stood out to me watching him live is how much pace he lost- in his touch days he was a carver.
i know he had a serious hip injury so not sure how thats affected him long term. he looked a little overweight too but if he can get fit and firing we've got a real bargin on our hands.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
the thing that stood out to me watching him live is how much pace he lost- in his touch days he was a carver.
i know he had a serious hip injury so not sure how thats affected him long term. he looked a little overweight too but if he can get fit and firing we've got a real bargin on our hands.
Yeah not much speed in our halves options wherever you look, except Kodi who no one seems to want in the team. Big footy brains though, which is what we've lacked lately.

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
Was looking through Sharks line up
Hynes
Trindall
Moylan
Connor Watson
Are all capable halves
Why are they keeping Metcalf ?
Just to spite him and us ?
Connor Watson is at the Roosters.
They may see Metcalf as their back up Fullback rather than switching Hynes there, who is spending the preseason training in the halves by all accounts

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
They may see Metcalf as their back up Fullback rather than switching Hynes there, who is spending the preseason training in the halves by all accounts
Doh
I meant Connor Tracey

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
Connor Tracey can play there at a pinch (fullback)
Kade Dykes one of their 19 year old development players can play fullback later in the season.
Sam Stonestreet also their 2021 junior of the year can play fullback also.

Reactions: Cces
This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings