Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Who do you think makes way in the Canberra side for his return? I know Croker may be done but they still have Kris, Savage, Rapana, Simonsson, CNK, and Smith-Shields.
Croker is definately done, my money is that he will hardly get picked next year and hang up the boots at season end.

Rapana probably has one more good season left. Simonsson is good depth. Savage, Kris, Smith-Shields and Timoko are all still young.

You would easily take Cotric over any of those guys, bar maybe wanting to give game time to develop Savage, Timoko and Smith-Shields

I also think that Savage overtakes CNK for the fullback jersey part way through next year

Motota

U20's Player
Mar 9, 2020
Montoya left before Cotric got there, and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak spent a handful of months with him.

600k per season for 2 more seasons is a lot to spend on a winger. But then again we are wasting lots on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (subsidised or not).

He will most likely go back to Canberra. Went to Sydney on the premise he would get to enjoy the Sydney lifestyle/night-life whilst he's still young. And then COVID hit.

Wouldn't mind him on 300-400k Max but doubt dogs would stump up that much.
I would love to know how much we are paying Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Bulldogs subsidy runs out at the end of 2022 then we have him for 2 more years, sure he would've taken a pay cut for the last 2 years but even if its 600k that would be way too much imo.

Reactions: Swanley and tajhay

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Reactions: rugged

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Croker is definately done, my money is that he will hardly get picked next year and hang up the boots at season end.

Rapana probably has one more good season left. Simonsson is good depth. Savage, Kris, Smith-Shields and Timoko are all still young.

You would easily take Cotric over any of those guys, bar maybe wanting to give game time to develop Savage, Timoko and Smith-Shields

I also think that Savage overtakes CNK for the fullback jersey part way through next year
Yeah I was thinking along the same lines, but I think Simonsson’s latest contract was a decent one after he played a couple of games at fullback. Not huge money but enough that if the young guys come through either himself or CNK could feel the squeeze. Rapana’s latest deal was for 2 years so they have a bit of juggling to do.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Yeah I was thinking along the same lines, but I think Simonsson’s latest contract was a decent one after he played a couple of games at fullback. Not huge money but enough that if the young guys come through either himself or CNK could feel the squeeze. Rapana’s latest deal was for 2 years so they have a bit of juggling to do.
CNK at centre for my ideal signing out of this merry go round, dependant on his vax status.

Sammyw11

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 8, 2016
whats in the water? people wanting Croker (physically crocked and has never been able to tackle), Leilua (dumbest bloke in the comp with the most over inflated ego), Cotric (overpaid and went to the dogs to play centre). Lets aim a little higher fellas, there's a reason we've been shite for 25 years lol

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
I know historically he had epic brain snaps.. but he was pretty error free for us iirc
You know one is just around the corner. He’s never going to have even an average IQ. Flying off his wing in field most games for us should tell you enough.

But yes he avoided having any major brain snaps with us.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Agreed he would be good to have. Although I think we need some experience in our centre stocks. I don’t think Timoko is a better prospect than Berry or Vailea
Definitely think we need some experience. I rate Timoko above both of our young rookies

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Definitely think we need some experience. I rate Timoko above both of our young rookies
You have to remember Vailea is almost three years younger than Timoko.

Timokos only real asset is his strength in contact. But Vailea already averaged 7 times as many tackle breaks per game than him when comparing reserve grade stats (only decent sample size for Vailea to compare).

Wouldn’t even be a question for me. Easily take both over Timoko

Last edited:

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
But Vailea already averaged 7 times as many tackle breaks per game than him when comparing reserve grade stats (only decent sample size for Vailea to compare).
Actually Vailea averaged 3.9 tackle breaks per game compared to Timoko's 1.1 pg. Despite the gulf in tackle breaks Timoko still managed to gain any extra 6 Post Contact Metres per game than Vailea this season

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Actually Vailea averaged 3.9 tackle breaks per game compared to Timoko's 1.1 pg. Despite the gulf in tackle breaks Timoko still managed to gain any extra 6 Post Contact Metres per game than Vailea this season
Thanks typo meant to 4 times as many. 10 extra running metres per game too for Vailea. Regardless of the stats the 3 year age gap is pretty massive

Oct 5, 2021
whats in the water? people wanting Croker (physically crocked and has never been able to tackle), Leilua (dumbest bloke in the comp with the most over inflated ego), Cotric (overpaid and went to the dogs to play centre). Lets aim a little higher fellas, there's a reason we've been shite for 25 years lol
Yep. My personal favourite was someone recommending we sign Tyrone May....

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
Nah he’s class. He’s expensive at 500k but he’s an international, is far better than maumalo, is more dynamic, quick & a better finisher, but he also offers multiple positions. He’s a winger, but can cover fullback & centre, far better value for money. At 500k he’ll be one of the more expensive wingers on the market, but the dogs covered some of his salary last year, so he probably only costed 350-400k a year over 3 years, which is a real value for money acquisition. He’s also a leader, has been captain for a few sides & it’s great for our young players

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
At 500k he’ll be one of the more expensive wingers on the market, but the dogs covered some of his salary last year, so he probably only costed 350-400k a year over 3 years, which is a real value for money acquisition. He’s also a leader, has been captain for a few sides & it’s great for our young players
Hes on a contract worth 850k for season just gone and next (with dogs subsiding both years...but doubt as much as chipping in 450-500k as you are implying). The real interesting part as someone suggested is how much we are actually paying him for his final 2 years when dogs stop chipping in.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak a "real value for money acquisition"? Don't think I ever thought the name and that phrase would ever be stated so closely together.

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings