Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

J_P

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 4, 2020
It certainly suited Redcliffe to have CHT and Egan unsigned for 2023
While pos has been great for us I do wonder how long ago he had been tapped on the shoulder and knew the dolphins gig was his. Being cynical this is quite dodgy that a recruitment manager can give short notice and change teams. For all anyone knows the recruitment manager could have been making plans for his upcoming team for the last 6 months effecting their current team. Not aimed at pos specifically but just a bit general observation. Should be at least 6-12 months notice imo.

Last edited:

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
While pos has been great for us I do wonder how long ago had he been tapped on the shoulder and knew the dolphins gig was his. Being cynical this is quite dodgy that a recruitment manager can give short notice and change teams. For all anyone knows the recruitment manager could have been making plans for his upcoming team for the last 6 months effecting their current team. Not aimed at pos specifically but just a bit general observation. Should be at least 6-12 months notice imo.
Yeah there’s a part of me that has wondered about that - on reflection I think Matt Lodges deal was quite interesting.
Signing on with us for only a year and a half with a player option for 2023 - seems like he left the door open incase he could get more somewhere else for 2023 (highly unlikely given his huge salary) or may have had an inkling that something else could be coming through the pipeline…

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Yeah there’s a part of me that has wondered about that - on reflection I think Matt Lodges deal was quite interesting.
Signing on with us for only a year and a half with a player option for 2023 - seems like he left the door open incase he could get more somewhere else for 2023 (highly unlikely given his huge salary) or may have had an inkling that something else could be coming through the pipeline…
Yep, If you were Craig Hodges you’d be prudent to leave some room in the cap for 2023 for a decent prop for sure. I’d be stunned if Lodge didn’t link up with Bennett/POS at the Dolphins.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Speaking to someone last night and they reckon bj leilua is fit af at the moment- apparently he’s been training the house down for his upcoming boxing bout.
I’d be tempted to throw him a one year deal.
I know he’s a pea brain but he can play.
$200,000 and if he doesn’t pull finger u drop him for the young guys.

Canadian_WarriorFan

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 13, 2013
Speaking to someone last night and they reckon bj leilua is fit af at the moment- apparently he’s been training the house down for his upcoming boxing bout.
It wasn't BJ Leilua you were talking to was it? ;)

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
He's off to Featherstone to play in the Championship according to reports

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
Big no to BJ, the dude is toxic now and as someone mentioned above he doesn't seem to be the sharpest tool in the shed haha
He's an absolute idiot, and has a ridiculously inflated ego - as of about 12 months ago he was loudly proclaiming he was the #1 centre in the comp.

He also came out swinging against McGuire for not playing him, even though he was a defensive liability (to put it lightly) and makes big Kane look positively zen when it comes to the number of brain snaps he has.

I wouldn't want him for free, let alone on $200k or train and trial. Hell, I probably wouldn't want him even if he paid to play.

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
He’s been sparring with Josh Aloiai, who’s tested positive for covid.

Reactions: Defence

PullinTeeth

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 11, 2017
Not the first time BJ's have resulted in a positive test result.

I'd happily take Cotric though, if Dogs pay some freight. Any link for the rumour?
Cant find the article I read about Cotric, but there wasn't a rumour about the Warriors being interested in him, just the reporter making the comment that Raiders, Tigers and Eels have shown interest in signing Cotric, and Warriors, Dolphins are on the lookout for outside backs.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
With Cotric we should have some insight with Montoya and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
Montoya left before Cotric got there, and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak spent a handful of months with him.

600k per season for 2 more seasons is a lot to spend on a winger. But then again we are wasting lots on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (subsidised or not).

He will most likely go back to Canberra. Went to Sydney on the premise he would get to enjoy the Sydney lifestyle/night-life whilst he's still young. And then COVID hit.

Wouldn't mind him on 300-400k Max but doubt dogs would stump up that much.

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Montoya left before Cotric got there, and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak spent a handful of months with him.

600k per season for 2 more seasons is a lot to spend on a winger. But then again we are wasting lots on Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (subsidised or not).

He will most likely go back to Canberra. Went to Sydney on the premise he would get to enjoy the Sydney lifestyle/night-life whilst he's still young. And then COVID hit.

Wouldn't mind him on 300-400k Max but doubt dogs would stump up that much.
Who do you think makes way in the Canberra side for his return? I know Croker may be done but they still have Kris, Savage, Rapana, Simonsson, CNK, and Smith-Shields.

Reactions: brightman

ramps

1st Grade Fringe
May 2, 2013
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Who do you think makes way in the Canberra side for his return? I know Croker may be done but they still have Kris, Savage, Rapana, Simonsson, CNK, and Smith-Shields.
I'd personally take Croker. Yes i know he has his defensive issues at times but so did Hiku. But he brings leadership and experience plus ball playing ability. Otherwise haere mai back home CNK

Reactions: Worried2Death
This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings