Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toookey

Toookey

While I can understand what you're getting at, based on actual contract status I should look more like:

In's
Walker 186
Barnett 128
Niukore 100
CNK 73
TMM 68
Metcalf 7
Kepu 0
Kepu 0

Out's
Lui 173
Aitken 151
Chanel Harris-Tavita 54
Katoa 46
Arthars 41
Murchie 40
Walsh 38
Frei 2

That's in fact a net loss of experience even before we factor in Lodge, Nikorima & Taylor all exiting

Yeah if you look at total ins and outs it gets a bit messy. In theory we should be signing young up and comers/players with some experience and get rid of older or failed players so it should always be a little skewed that way.

I tried to make it specific to what I would see as our starting side nek year vs a standard team from this year.

There's still a lot of development in our team to come to fruition, but I think players like Ale, Vailea, Volkman, Metcalf and the Keepus will benefit over the next 2 or 3 years from those older heads we've bought in

Damo

Damo

Contributor
Ford is a weird signing unless Jazz, or someone that's signed for 2023 isn't returning. 95kg Second Row/Lock who has never started at Prop in the NRL. Featured just once at Prop in his 16 NSW Cup appearances this season
Has played a bit of bench prop for the Dragons.

Reactions: Zarjaz and Cces
wizards rage

wizards rage

Someone needs to play NSW Cup.
Top grade:
11 - Barnett
12 - Papalii
13 - Tohu Harris
Bench - Curren
Bench 2 - Niukore

NSW cup:
11 - Sironen
12 - Ben Murdoch-Masila
13 - Jazz
Bench - Ford

We are stacked! We can’t be signing a fringe first grader to not even make the run on team in NSW cup! He’s way to far down the list with our current squad.

9 of our 30 man squad fighting for 3 positions. Unbalanced.

Damo

Damo

Contributor
Top grade:
11 - Barnett
12 - Papalii
13 - Tohu Harris
Bench - Curren
Bench 2 - Niukore

NSW cup:
11 - Sironen
12 - Ben Murdoch-Masila
13 - Jazz
Bench - Ford

We are stacked! We can’t be signing a fringe first grader to not even make the run on team in NSW cup! He’s way to far down the list with our current squad.

9 of our 30 man squad fighting for 3 positions. Unbalanced.
Papali'i isn't signed and I can't see it happening and Tohu Harris is likely playing prop.
I'd be putting Ford onto the top grade bench to play the middle/second row cover role. He's played bench prop for the Dragons as well.

11. Barnett
12. Niukore
13. Curran

Bench - Walker, Bunty, Ale, Ford

Last edited:
Reactions: YeahNah 4020
Noitall

Noitall

Ford is a weird signing unless Jazz, or someone that's signed for 2023 isn't returning. 95kg Second Row/Lock who has never started at Prop in the NRL. Featured just once at Prop in his 16 NSW Cup appearances this season
WARRIORS BOLSTER PACK

The Warriors have signed Dragons forward Jackson Ford on a two-year deal.

Ford has played 33 NRL games since making his debut at St George Illawarra in 2019.

“We’re thrilled to secure Jackson as we look towards relaunching the club at home in 2023,” Warriors CEO Cameron George said.

“He’ll add quality to our back row resources and will also bring valuable experience at both

NRL and New South Wales Cup levels providing greater depth to our squad.”

Splitting his NRL games between the bench and the starting line-up, Ford has averaged 77

metres and 25 tackles a game.

In his 16 New South Wales Cup games for the Dragons this year, he averaged 127 metres

and 28 tackles a game and boasted an impressive 62 tackle breaks including 10 against the

Raiders in round 20.
Across his 65 reserve grade outings Ford has scored 24 tries, averaging 132 metres and 31
tackles a game with a total of 23 line breaks, 237 tackle breaks and 51 off loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.