Recruitment 2022 Warriors Recruitment Discussion

Toookey

Toookey

I'm just worried if we were to pick up Garrick and Taupau we may be referred to as the New Zealand Sea Eagles šŸ¤®

Reactions: 1 user
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
I wonder what is happening with Jesse Arthars?
If the Broncos continue to perform , heā€™ll fall a little further down their ranks. If they lose Far sweetheart then I guess heā€™ll be back in the mix.
I hope he enjoys his time back in NZ as this could be the kicker ā€¦ hopefully all of the boys pack some jumpers and a beanie ā€¦ itā€™s cold throughout Nz at the moment

Reactions: 4 users
Noitall

Noitall

I wonder what is happening with Jesse Arthars?
If the Broncos continue to perform , heā€™ll fall a little further down their ranks. If they lose Far sweetheart then I guess heā€™ll be back in the mix.
I hope he enjoys his time back in NZ as this could be the kicker ā€¦ hopefully all of the boys pack some jumpers and a beanie ā€¦ itā€™s cold throughout Nz at the moment
Looks as though Reece Walsh might of split with his partner who they have a kid together, so if she plans on staying in QLD with the child and the Warriors moving back to NZ chances of Reece wanting to stay in QLD with his child next season is a high possibility of happening.

It's between us and the Dolphins if that's the case and I think if we want him we'd be the favourite in getting him with all his mates at the club.

I don't think we need him but adding him to our current backline/team you'd be silly not to really consider it.

This is a latest post on the broncos forum, can see it being used in his get out clause.

Reactions: 2 users
TheMorningEmu

TheMorningEmu

I'm just worried if we were to pick up Garrick and Taupau we may be referred to as the New Zealand Sea Eagles šŸ¤®
Speaking of did we lose a bet or something the other week that I am not aware of?
That Silvertails logo on the forum looks hideous! šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

kos

Looks as though Reece Walsh might of split with his partner who they have a kid together, so if she plans on staying in QLD with the child and the Warriors moving back to NZ chances of Reece wanting to stay in QLD with his child next season is a high possibility of happening.

It's between us and the Dolphins if that's the case and I think if we want him we'd be the favourite in getting him with all his mates at the club.

I don't think we need him but adding him to our current backline/team you'd be silly not to really consider it.

This is a latest post on the broncos forum, can see it being used in his get out clause.
With the Warriors playing every away game in Aus is there any reason why RW could not just slip up to the Gc day after game to see the kid?
And over the off season time is his.
And in pre season training popping over to Gc for a day or two every 10 days.

Partners and wives are an issue in players moving to Nz.

Reactions: 2 users

JaggedJ

With the Warriors playing every away game in Aus is there any reason why RW could not just slip up to the Gc day after game to see the kid?
And over the off season time is his.
And in pre season training popping over to Gc for a day or two every 10 days.

Partners and wives are an issue in players moving to Nz.

I wouldn't do that and I wouldn't blame any dad for not wanting to do that either.

If he wants to be heavily involved in his kids life then yeah I have no issue with him leaving. As long as it's genuine and just not an excuse.

Reactions: 19 users
Toookey

Toookey

I wouldn't do that and I wouldn't blame any dad for not wanting to do that either.

If he wants to be heavily involved in his kids life then yeah I have no issue with him leaving. As long as it's genuine and just not an excuse.

I follow RW on insta and every 2nd thing he posts is about his baby, seems to very much be a doting father.

Unfortunate for us šŸ¤£

PNG Kiwi

I dare say the new coach should have a say on the balance of the team.
All the speculation of a new coach and coaching staff, as well as players must now follow a logical sequence.
What comes first the chicken or the egg?

Swanny

Panthers winger Daeon Amituanaiproduced his best performance since being promoted from Jersey Flegg. The former Warrior scored a double, got four linebreaks, 12 tackle busts and ran for 171 metres.

Does anyone know the history here? Was he a highly rated prospect who was grabbed from us/ a victim of Covid/ not rated at the Warriors?

Reactions: 1 users

JaggedJ

Panthers winger Daeon Amituanaiproduced his best performance since being promoted from Jersey Flegg. The former Warrior scored a double, got four linebreaks, 12 tackle busts and ran for 171 metres.

Does anyone know the history here? Was he a highly rated prospect who was grabbed from us/ a victim of Covid/ not rated at the Warriors?

Seeing as the article mentions his promotion from Flegg I would assume he left once we could no longer provide an SG Ball/Flegg side.

Cces

Cces

Screenshot 20220621 192319 DuckDuckGo

Reactions: 3 users
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Surely we still have some player slots available for the 2023 season?
A new decent coach would come in with his ideas and hopefully make changes?
Any further signings would have to be signed off by a new coach , also from a playing perspective you wouldnā€™t come until you knew who was the coach?
The issue is time .

TheMorningEmu

TheMorningEmu

Surely we still have some player slots available for the 2023 season?
A new decent coach would come in with his ideas and hopefully make changes?
Any further signings would have to be signed off by a new coach , also from a playing perspective you wouldnā€™t come until you knew who was the coach?
The issue is time .

According to the NRL Signings tracked we have 5 more spots for next year (4 if Jazz accepts his Player Option)

TheMorningEmu

TheMorningEmu

I hope we keep Asi and Lussick on board for next year.

Apparently Asi was on our radar for a while so it would be stupid to get a mid season release and not throw him at least one year to see what he can do.

Not sure if Lussick wants to move to NZ given that it seems he was just part of the deal to get Volkman here, but I quite like what I have seen of him.

Hopefully we can also get the Broncos to let Arthars stay, he is not the best outside back out there but he's been our best Centre all year imo (Not like there is a hell of a lot of competition..)

Get those 3 to stay and thats one or two more spots to fill- We have Ratuva, Murchie and PPR off contract but I can't see Murchie wanting to stay, let alone being offered an extension; Ratuva and PPR have been here for years now and haven't had a shot at FG, Would be nice to keep them on with a reserve grade team but.

I imagine most would agree with..
One more spot - get a outside back
Two more spots - get a prop and an outside back

Reactions: 7 users
Once A Warrior

Once A Warrior

Apparently Asi was on our radar for a while so it would be stupid to get a mid season release and not throw him at least one year to see what he can do.

Not sure if Lussick wants to move to NZ given that it seems he was just part of the deal to get Volkman here, but I quite like what I have seen of him.

Hopefully we can also get the Broncos to let Arthars stay, he is not the best outside back out there but he's been our best Centre all year imo (Not like there is a hell of a lot of competition..)

Get those 3 to stay and thats one or two more spots to fill- We have Ratuva, Murchie and PPR off contract but I can't see Murchie wanting to stay, let alone being offered an extension; Ratuva and PPR have been here for years now and haven't had a shot at FG, Would be nice to keep them on with a reserve grade team but.

There isn't much off contract this year. Id be happy with either Hiroti, Hunt, Pele at the Sharks.

Also Cory Oates on the left wing and bring Montoya into centre's?

Agree to Asi being held on to, lussick no for me.

Egan
Walker
Otukolo
Jazz

There are the November 1 targets but how many will be able to come early? If you look at the depth for next season an outside back would be a crucial spot to fill.

Last edited:
Geoff Public

Geoff Public

Contributor
With Egan and Otukolo both signed till the end of 2024. I don't see a place for Lussick. If Jazz does not resign I assume Walker becomes Mr Fixit off the bench.

I would be upset if recruitment is not spending the majority of its time looking for a leader who can help keep us on track, on the field when we've just turned the ball over.

Reactions: 3 users

Wheels

I 100% agree that we need a better than decent outside back signing as first priority and a line busting prop as 2nd priority. We have Niukore and Walker to also fill in if needed so there is a little depth out wide but we definitely need someone who can defend well, read the game and setup tries in our outside backs. Sounds simple! Also a decent prop would be a bonus. Pene does not do it for me he seems a lightweight. Afoa I like his effort but he is easy to defend because he is only going one way and little else. Katoa could make a decent fist of things up front & Harris can also be used, great defensively. In terms of Asi I am not fussed as I have not seen much and don't know his preferred position from what I have seen.

Tony Martin

Tony Martin

Had a pretty poor start to the season last playing with the dolphins, obviously not rated by the club after that.
Was pretty dominent in that kiwis schools vs clubs game a few years back. Reminded me of a young Joey Manu

This thread is for Warriors RECRUITMENT DISCUSSION, POSSIBLE TARGETS, HOPEFUL SIGNINGS, RECRUITMENT STRATEGY and posts relating directly to that content. Please use another thread if your post content does not adhere to the above.

All offtopic chatter will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be locked from this thread.

Zero tolerance to the above. Thank you to the majority who stay on topic on this thread.