General 2022 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise Thread

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Not a fan personally - looks like a fusion of the '02 heritage kit that we were a couple of years back and the black/silver home kits.

I'm very much into the current colour scheme so praying they stick with it.
Anything but the green, which was only brought in to satisfy a long dead sponsor, with a shite tasting beer.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I'd love if we had a Jersey with a V
If I were NRL dictator all jerseys would have a V.

Funny thing I never knew where the V or chevron originated. I went to Google and could not find anything that made sense, although many theories.

There is this one, that suggests it started in Oz, but that must have been way after 1900.
Strangely enough it’s quite difficult to get some solid facts, rather than just assertions, on what you’d think was a very basic subject; how and when did the Rugby League V-stripe first evolve?
I have correspondence from the noted Australian historian of Rugby League (and football in general) Sean Fagan, in which he suggests that the RL chevron or V-stripe may have its origins in the often broad and brightly coloured V neck of cricket sweaters. The V-stripe seems to have become popular in League during the 1920s in Australia when the style represented not only a point of difference with the Union clubs, but was cheaper to make than the more conventional hooped jerseys. It also looked good, seeming to emphasise a player’s physique. During World War II most Sydney clubs took up the V style and it became the distinctive feature of League club colours.

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s calves" data-source="post: 956171" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
December 6 is the release date of the 2022 collection.
The Vodafone Warriors are excited to announce PUMA as the official apparel partner of the Vodafone Warriors for the 2022 season and beyond.

More than a decade since PUMA and the NRL team last partnered, the return of PUMA to the Vodafone Warriors jersey is one both brands are proud of.

Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George is delighted to have renewed the partnership with PUMA.

“PUMA’s passion for excellence, innovation and drive to push sport forward resonated with our own values. We look forward to reuniting for this new season to present a world-class collection that our players, staff and fans are proud to wear.”

The world-renowned sports brand is honoured to partner with the Vodafone Warriors who will join PUMA’s line-up of partners including Manchester City, AC Milan and the Silver Ferns.

The Vodafone Warriors’ season 2022 collection will be available to purchase from the club's Superstore and on nz.puma.com as well as via authorised retailers from December 6, 2021.

Reactions: bruce

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020
607CFD48-3CF2-4E0E-88EA-516C40E368E6.png

These are the new singlets, sorry to do taniela like that tho 😂

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Don’t mind that training range from the image but am generally opposed to puma so am conflicted in buying any merch from them- gonna be a tough test of morals lol

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings