General 2022 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise Thread

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
This years jersey has been one of my favourites.

One retro style Puma did last time around I quite liked and wish I got at the time was the 2015 Anniversary jersey.

The straight V was a nice change from the curved V. One thing I like about this years home jersey is the white above the V being replaced with blue. A jersey similar to this replacing the white above the V would look alright, maybe some small changes to the amount of red or green in the V.

2010 Anniversary signed replica front.jpg

Reactions: mt.wellington

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
I recall the Puma merch days as our finest. The quality of the Polos in particular was far superior to Canterbury.

I’m pleased Pumas back on board but do agree there will need to be more depth than the last round, Canterbury did do well in that regard.

I like keeping our colours it’s who we are. If we get tle variations to the OG H&A each redesign then I think we’ve won our identity back.

I am a polo man, our best ever was that pure black one with silver embroider features, maybe in the ‘02 ish era? An OG version of that would be awesome.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
From what I've been told it will effectively be this seasons jersey with the Puma logo on it like some sort of copy and paste hack job...
Been a bit harsh on Puma but this is pretty standard for them, fans shouldn’t expect a hell of a lot of innovation in design- in fact if you want a preview of the off field gear pretty much look at the Richmond or NSW gear and just colour swap

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I recall the Puma merch days as our finest. The quality of the Polos in particular was far superior to Canterbury.

I’m pleased Pumas back on board but do agree there will need to be more depth than the last round, Canterbury did do well in that regard.

I like keeping our colours it’s who we are. If we get tle variations to the OG H&A each redesign then I think we’ve won our identity back.

I am a polo man, our best ever was that pure black one with silver embroider features, maybe in the ‘02 ish era? An OG version of that would be awesome.
Similar to this one?

This is the first Warriors polo I brought. Because the logos are embroidered instead of stickers it has lasted. This use to be my go to for casual Fridays. I used to get the training gear every 2nd year or so depending on the appeal of the design. The polos often depended on the fit. The blue cameo (2014?) didn't fit as nice as the one below or the 2011 one.

At least this one I could wear to work when I was working for Telecom/Spark as the Vodafone is subtle.

I thought I had a polo from when they changed the colours back to blue. Looks like I haven't. I've got the singlet and training t-shirt from the first year they change back. The polo from that year would of been the most appealing since they changed back.

20210902_102004.jpg
20210902_102016.jpg

Reactions: Vancent and Tragic

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Apr 18, 2012
Dunedin, NZ

Don't get too excited. Here's Richmond, Carlton and Qld's current polo's from Puma.
1630535669463.png
1630535796731.png
1630535805042.png

Reactions: matiunz

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
Canterbury did something similar when they first took over.

If you look at our home and away for 2008-2010 with the black and white jerseys. The template matches the other sides they were doing at the time.

Reactions: Rizzah

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Can 99% guarantee the Warriors range will be these with a Warriors colour way and logos
IF we are lucky we will get the full range but NZ is an afterthought to puma Oceania- their focus is on their global football brands first, Vic AFL 2nd and the rest are bonuses(Origin admittedly was given a decent push)
Out of their Oceania teams they have GWS giants, Richmond Tigers,Carlton Blues, Melbourne City, NSW + Qld origin. All have the exact same range just colour swapped so essentially likely to be these designs with Warriors blue main colour with the green as the secondary.

E01C0AE2-3F10-4AB7-BE74-A535E1C8E363.jpeg
A153E282-E374-4089-983F-BEF152540E9E.jpeg
184DCCAD-E4E3-4922-B586-67B9940D6C3A.jpeg
BC98E9EF-D94C-4BB2-8997-3F7CFA3D3C75.jpeg
4741A003-A405-4572-B5A6-9077ACB68E5C.jpeg
B77B69B6-CE60-4703-BCB0-B2A1DEEA0FD1.jpeg

Reactions: Tragic

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Similar to this one?

This is the first Warriors polo I brought. Because the logos are embroidered instead of stickers it has lasted. This use to be my go to for casual Fridays. I used to get the training gear every 2nd year or so depending on the appeal of the design. The polos often depended on the fit. The blue cameo (2014?) didn't fit as nice as the one below or the 2011 one.

At least this one I could wear to work when I was working for Telecom/Spark as the Vodafone is subtle.

I thought I had a polo from when they changed the colours back to blue. Looks like I haven't. I've got the singlet and training t-shirt from the first year they change back. The polo from that year would of been the most appealing since they changed back.

View attachment 45007 View attachment 45008
Similar but all silver embroidery of the Vodafone and moko etc. Had a patterned material with vertical stripes (in the pattern only not colour).

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
I’m praying you’re all wrong .. I’ve been underwhelmed about the range and execution of supporters gear for years. NRL gear in general is a solid 6 at the best of times.

Akuma_81

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 6, 2012
Brisbane
We had Cam George on Roo & Hammer last night and he 100% confirmed the worst kept secret that we're switching to Puma. He said the new range will be launched very soon, but wouldn't give us any hints when we asked about colours!

However as Mt Wellington said with the 2 season home jersey cycle it would be the 2021 jersey with the Puma logo. I believe that the away jersey can change every season so we may see something different there?

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
Feb 22, 2016
Finally announced. We all know its Puma.

After 13 straight seasons as partners, the Vodafone Warriors are farewelling long-time apparel supplier Canterbury of New Zealand.

As the Auckland Warriors’ foundation apparel sponsor in their first two years, Canterbury has literally been part of the club’s fabric for a total of 15 seasons.

The relationship was rekindled in 2009, launching an era in which Canterbury of New Zealand set a standard for innovative apparel designs which set the Vodafone Warriors apart from all other 15 NRL clubs.

“We have so much to thank Canterbury for,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George. “Over the last 13 seasons they’ve led the way in the design field both with our playing kit and training range as well as apparel for our fans.”

An announcement about the Vodafone Warriors’ new apparel partner will be made soon

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Finally announced. We all know its Puma.

After 13 straight seasons as partners, the Vodafone Warriors are farewelling long-time apparel supplier Canterbury of New Zealand.

As the Auckland Warriors’ foundation apparel sponsor in their first two years, Canterbury has literally been part of the club’s fabric for a total of 15 seasons.

The relationship was rekindled in 2009, launching an era in which Canterbury of New Zealand set a standard for innovative apparel designs which set the Vodafone Warriors apart from all other 15 NRL clubs.

“We have so much to thank Canterbury for,” said Vodafone Warriors CEO Cameron George. “Over the last 13 seasons they’ve led the way in the design field both with our playing kit and training range as well as apparel for our fans.”

An announcement about the Vodafone Warriors’ new apparel partner will be made soon
Suppliers all know also

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Reactions: Defence and zaggo

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
A very talented freelancer from The Concept Lab (sports apparel graphic designer) may have placed this as the best Warriors jersey ever produced!

Not a fan personally - looks like a fusion of the '02 heritage kit that we were a couple of years back and the black/silver home kits.

I'm very much into the current colour scheme so praying they stick with it.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings