General 2022 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise Thread

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
CCC did a great job on the playing jerseys especially in recent times but were underwhelming to say the least with the supporters gear.
A massive financial opportunity for the club if they can get this category nailed down.
If you thought Canterbury was underwhelming with off field gear- prepare to be even further underwhelmed, ZERO effort goes into that side of things they just repurpose existing designs. Check out puma.com.au if you want an idea of team wear, some clubs particularly recently acquired have next to no off field gear available to purchase.
Think the club are making a massive mistake here.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Think the club are making a massive mistake here.
They don't care. End of the day its about money. Whoever is the new supplier would have stumped up big.

It's a myth that the club make bank with merch sales. The money from sales goes into a pool that is equally distributed to all 16 clubs. The NRL make their cut off all gear. Then the clubs. This is why NRL merch is expensive compared to other sports. The commission is paid by suppliers before they even hit the stores. From memory the cut is 30%.

So the single biggest cheque they get is from selling the rights.

The Warriors marketing manager who told me that also said CCC paid in the high 6 figures for the licence. I can only guess the new supplier must be close to the million mark. There is no other club in the comp that comes close to that figure. The Warriors are in a league of their own when it comes to merch sales accounting for 30% of all NRL sales. Bulldogs make up 20% leaving 14 clubs to make up the other half.

These figures might be outdated cause I was told this in 2016 but with how much better the majority of the merch has been since those designs I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are better now.

I feel for my mates at CCC who have poured their hearts and souls into the designs. With the Warriors being a big part of the NZ arm of the company I'm hoping there's no/minimal job losses. I know last year was tough on them.

Will always be grateful for bringing back our OG colours. Especially this year with both the blue and white making an appearance with strong chevrons. Easy classics that'll be hold value in the future.

Low light for me will always be last years Wellington yellow tartan monstrosity and the ANZAC. Both easily in the bottom 5 jerseys of all time. The continous use of different colours was frustrating as well. Diluted the brand and CCC were never scared to do it.

Good luck to the crew at CCC and thank you for what you have added to the Warriors legacy. Pretty sure we will see you back soon enough...

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
I haven't been a fan of CCC Warriors kit.. They only pulled finger when the original colours came back in 2019, and even then haven't been a massive fan of some of the designs.

Someone mentioning Puma's designs being bland, do you remember our jerseys from 2009 till 2018? Hardly flash or original, with the odd gem in there (I should have bought the NZ flag jersey when I saw it in a shop 5 or so years ago..). The Joel Moon/Lewis brown era is literally a black and white version of their standard rugby layout of the time.

It's a bit of shame, but I'm not too worried.

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
I haven't been a fan of CCC Warriors kit.. They only pulled finger when the original colours came back in 2019, and even then haven't been a massive fan of some of the designs.

Someone mentioning Puma's designs being bland, do you remember our jerseys from 2009 till 2018? Hardly flash or original, with the odd gem in there (I should have bought the NZ flag jersey when I saw it in a shop 5 or so years ago..). The Joel Moon/Lewis brown era is literally a black and white version of their standard rugby layout of the time.

It's a bit of shame, but I'm not too worried.
Only Puma Jerseys I liked were our 2001/02 and the 2006/08 home jerseys , even these were a colour swap with Cronulla
694D3FDE-A1FA-41A3-861C-DB428A96AA89.jpeg 4CC3B6F5-77DA-4281-9067-D4CFD63209D3.jpeg
The Awen Guttenbeil jersey was also pretty good as a different concept;
33BD0975-4630-48F4-9CE4-4FCFC4F9DAD5.jpeg

Some liked the Auckland and Mt Albert one offs but they weren’t for me, the rest were borderline hideous (never liked the shade of silver/grey)

DD99362B-C330-42E9-940A-E8C343DFF1B8.jpeg
1F04427E-0A4F-487B-A958-781B4C124F74.jpeg
C1064C78-32AE-4C6E-9042-9B389B2F40A1.jpeg 5EA60D72-0564-43CD-994A-9AC624F3B36C.jpeg 40B57736-23A7-470E-BEEB-C36389B4F184.jpeg 25B6CBE2-99B9-4954-B62C-60420DD19CE9.jpeg

mt.wellington mt.wellington even though these were off google pretty sure some are your images

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Pretty excited to know who will be our official supplier. Looking forward to see their range and where they take the brand.

Wonder if they follow the CCC template and brand us with every colour under the sun and 10 jerseys a year. Not forgetting that Puma used the exact same jerseys in 2004 and 2005 with the 10th anniversary jersey being the only exception. Be good to get away from the 'more jerseys than wins' stigma 😂.

Think the NRL only call for 4 jerseys. Home, away, alternate and heritage. The rest are all voluntary but capped at 8 you can sell.

Been absolutely impossible to get the alternate training jerseys the last couple years. Has put me off collecting. Last year was the first year I didn't try get every jersey. Enough to make anyone wanna quit...

Upcoming Match

St George Dragons Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Sydney Rate Match

Last Game

18 Apr

20 - 14
7.2 Total Avg Rating
7.2 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

1. 4.9
    Peta Hiku

Compiled from 19 ratings