General 2022 Warriors Jersey and Merchandise Thread

Were you happy with the Puma 2022 range?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Pass mark

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Below average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Have any other NRL teams have had matching jersey/shorts combo? I can’t recall any, and had assumed that clubs were only allowed 2 x shorts total (home and away). I think ours just stuck out a lot more than others, since we went away from our home/away colours for heritage round more than other teams did.
Maybe it's a way to cut costs. I think they usually do the shorts and socks to match. Probably not very likely to sell shorts compared to the jerseys?

I used to have some of the 2010 heritage shorts.

1652938945102.png

Maybe it's a way to cut costs. I think they usually do the shorts and socks to match. Probably not very likely to sell shorts compared to the jerseys?

I used to have some of the 2010 heritage shorts.

View attachment 47180
Sorry I should have said I specifically mean the 2022 strips, I know on the past special shorts have been made, but I can’t remember any clubs doing it this year. Maybe everyone else hasn’t needed to because their alt jerseys matched their shorts well already.

Hopefully the Māori jersey works better, the heritage strip would have been so much better with black shorts.

Reactions: Cces

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
New 2023 thread is up and running. Please only discuss 2022 merchandise in this thread.

Have added a poll to see how people liked the Puma range this season.

Personally I liked the design of the jerseys but the lazy use of shorts and socks totally ruined the aesthetic.

Their off field range was awesome and it was good to finally be able to buy some decent shorts that matched the range. Also got the windbreaker jacket and the white training jersey.

Sizes were also good and a much better fit than the last couple years with CCC...

Puma is a global powerhouse of sports apparel but you wouldnt have known it with some of the underwhelming supporters apparel on offer
Jersey designs were good, but the cop out on not producing a total kit for alternative strips was short sighted and subliminally reflected the season.
Hoping for a new collection where I can put plenty of items in the wish list! 🤞🏾

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Puma is a global powerhouse of sports apparel but you wouldnt have known it with some of the underwhelming supporters apparel on offer
Thats the problem right there though. They are a global player and while we are world famous in NZ, league in general is a mere after thought for them.

Look at the SoO a couple seasons ago when they produced SFA for the market and people were complaining because everything sold out in a couple days. Few retailers lost out on a lot of revenue because of it. The biggest spectacle in our great game and they didnt even give a fuck about that lol.

And when the Warriors are the biggest selling brand in the game as well it just goes to show where we stand in the grandscale of sport...

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Thats the problem right there though. They are a global player and while we are world famous in NZ, league in general is a mere after thought for them.

Look at the SoO a couple seasons ago when they produced SFA for the market and people were complaining because everything sold out in a couple days. Few retailers lost out on a lot of revenue because of it. The biggest spectacle in our great game and they didnt even give a fuck about that lol.

And when the Warriors are the biggest selling brand in the game as well it just goes to show where we stand in the grandscale of sport...
Puma Aus(and by extension NZ) are the red headed stepchild of Puma, propped up massively by Global. Because of this the local guys don’t have a great swing in local market. From my experience with them they are extremely Melbourne focused(head office is there) and pretty much believe the world revolves around AFL so more attention is there. A couple of years back there was a push towards more local brands but league was an afterthought behind AFL(‘local sport’) and A-League (in line with global strategy of soccer focus). Have seen first hand how little thought is put into off field range which is why I was so apprehensive when they took over.
Have also had some experience with Canterbury and found them much more pleasant to deal with, were a lot more collaborative in creating what you want rather than pushing you to fit into existing range. It’s a shame their Australian arm is struggling a bit for brand presence as the quality is high.
Actually quite like what Dynasty do in terms of variety and range of off field.
However if we are stuck with Puma for the time being I hope they up their game but at the same time my merch spend has significantly dropped in recent seasons due to the state of the club

Puma Aus(and by extension NZ) are the red headed stepchild of Puma, propped up massively by Global. Because of this the local guys don’t have a great swing in local market. From my experience with them they are extremely Melbourne focused(head office is there) and pretty much believe the world revolves around AFL so more attention is there. A couple of years back there was a push towards more local brands but league was an afterthought behind AFL(‘local sport’) and A-League (in line with global strategy of soccer focus). Have seen first hand how little thought is put into off field range which is why I was so apprehensive when they took over.
Have also had some experience with Canterbury and found them much more pleasant to deal with, were a lot more collaborative in creating what you want rather than pushing you to fit into existing range. It’s a shame their Australian arm is struggling a bit for brand presence as the quality is high.
Actually quite like what Dynasty do in terms of variety and range of off field.
However if we are stuck with Puma for the time being I hope they up their game but at the same time my merch spend has significantly dropped in recent seasons due to the state of the club
Does Puma supply matching gameday shorts with the various jerseys? Or is it someone at the club choosing the worst possible colour combos.

Does Puma supply matching gameday shorts with the various jerseys? Or is it someone at the club choosing the worst possible colour combos.
From looking at some photos of other teams alternative strips I don't think any other teams had alternative shorts, they all wore their home/away shorts with the alternative jerseys. So I think it may have been out of Puma's hands, and teams weren't allowed alternative shorts to match their alternative jerseys this year for some reason?

Reactions: Worried2Death

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Pre-covid, Canterbury would hold their annual sales at Mt Smart and we could get cheap as chups Warriors gear.
Likelihood of Puma doing something similar?
Puma usually uses its outlets to clear its clearance product-even then they’re pretty careful around discounting teamwear and Asset product, so not sure you will see the same fire sale like you would previously

Reactions: Billyspleen75