General 2022 Schedule

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
We get two out of the 3 Queensland sides at home early. Hopefully that helps with pulling the crowd and the finances.

EastStandDiehard

U20's Player
Nov 4, 2021
We get two out of the 3 Queensland sides at home early. Hopefully that helps with pulling the crowd and the finances.
Agree good for money in the tills. There is no point calling them home games however. We don’t have a home game until Round 15. Especially those 2 games you mention.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
They couldn’t even back end more home games than away games for us from Round 15. We have 5 home and 5 away.

As a side note the Broncos have 5 home games in first 8 rounds. So adjusting the draw can happen.

the NRL are just wankers who don't spare us a thought outside of making sure we are available to fill one of the 8 timeslots

To tilt the draw to backload warriors home games, all would need to do is switch the h/a for the cowboys games in rd 5 and rd 23 and the raiders games in rd 8 and 19.

do that, and you've gone from 5 mt smart games to 7 and now over 50% of the usual home game quota.
--
anyway, seems an easy draw based on:

Teams they play twice

Storm, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Titans, Sharks, Raiders, Dragons, Wests Tigers, Cowboys

only 3 of those teams project to be very good, and even the rabbitohs arent as strong with no reynolds and no bennett

so not many excuses for browny unless Addin Fonua-Blake goes full antivaxx and gets kicked out

Last edited:

EastStandDiehard

U20's Player
Nov 4, 2021
the NRL are just wankers who don't spare us a thought outside of making sure we are available to fill timeslots

To tilt the draw to backload warriors home games, all would need to do is switch the h/a for the cowboys games in rd 5 and rd 23 and the raiders games in rd 8 and 19.

do that, and you've gone from 5 mt smart games to 7 and now over 50% of the usual home game quota.

Teams they play twice

Storm, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Titans, Sharks, Raiders, Dragons, Wests Tigers, Cowboys

only 3 of those teams project to be very good, and even the rabbitohs arent as strong with no reynolds and no bennett

so not many excuses for browny unless Addin Fonua-Blake goes full antivaxx and gets kicked out
Totally agree! It’s a farce! A 7 home /3 away split in the last 10 rounds is something you could live with.

and also agree it’s a draw to have no real complaints about who we will actually play.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Billyspleen75

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Silverdale
the NRL are just wankers who don't spare us a thought outside of making sure we are available to fill one of the 8 timeslots

--

Teams they play twice

I get that this is what we want, but I get the impression the club don't want this. I think they've decided that they want to stay in Aus all season to remove any disruption.
They would rather have the 100% certainty of this draw, than have any more ifs/buts/maybes of will we/wont we come home etc.
I think they've also actively avoided a scenario where they are back in NZ for back to back games and would prefer the fly in/fly out method

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Yep, playing Manly once (without origin stars), Eels, Roosters, Brisbane and Bulldogs once.

I know we say this every year, but there really is no excuses.

Have cleared a lot of dead wood, and have a really good draw. If we could snag 1 or 2 good signings for next year and have a good season injury wise, 4-8 is more of a probablity than possibility for us.

Im really hoping that with a few changes to the big teams - Storm, Panthers and Souths - it might bring them back towards the pack a little. They’ll still be great, but hopefully not ‘most points scored all time’ or ‘Penrith only losing 5 games in two years’ good.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I get that this is what we want, but I get the impression the club don't want this. I think they've decided that they want to stay in Aus all season to remove any disruption.
They would rather have the 100% certainty of this draw, than have any more ifs/buts/maybes of will we/wont we come home etc.
I think they've also actively avoided a scenario where they are back in NZ for back to back games and would prefer the fly in/fly out method
could be right, but if mt smart gets taken away from the club once again, back to redcliffe they go, plan for the best, there's always the fallback option.

just dying to see us with a home ground advantage, those central coast games were flatter than a pancake

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
9EC9A728-51D5-4DE7-8C76-1B75A6B47DD8.jpeg

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Good draw but the last thing we want players thinking going into next season. Decent start too considering the players who will be unavailable.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Nrl.com has ranked our draw the 12th best (or the fifth hardest depending on how u look at it).

AE154808-5273-49E2-825F-BA75625156AA.jpeg

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings