General 2022 Predicted Lineup

EastStandDiehard

U20's Player
Nov 4, 2021
Tohu Harris on the bench? 60 minutes closing? Impact player? What’s the thinking?
I personally also wouldn’t mind having some experience off the pine to tidy up that time between 30mins and HT. Likely candidate would probably be Lodge I’m guessing. Could theoretically nearly see out the game from then too and ensure that we always have at least one of him or Addin Fonua-Blake on the field

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012
Our back 5 , on paper, lack experience, speed, distribution skills, defence ability .
Am I being too hard?
Should we look at a 1 year experienced centre in the mould of a John Carlaw ? This whilst the likes of Vailea builds up experience.

Reactions: Worried2Death

EastStandDiehard

U20's Player
Nov 4, 2021
Our back 5 , on paper, lack experience, speed, distribution skills, defence ability .
Am I being too hard?
Should we look at a 1 year experienced centre in the mould of a John Carlaw ? This whilst the likes of Vailea builds up experience.
I think you are right. There is some scope in the squad at the moment to go with a more experience/presumably better defensively line up with Pompey and Aitken in the centres. I agree we are probably one experienced journeyman/clubman lacking in outside backs. Who we could pick up would be another question. Maybe some train and trial contracts would be good. I see Brisbane have about 6 of them at the moment.

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020
876E003A-B4DD-4EDC-A150-AFEACED521AB.jpeg

We might be without our best forward for this season

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Am I being too hard?
Lacks experience yes, speed I thinks alright- Walsh and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak are quick, the rest are adequate, distribution- berry is class and Walsh’s passing game is top draw, defense is a worry especially if aitken is locked into the forwards.
I don’t get what they’re doing there- to me it’s obvious- u start the season with aitken in one spot and the two youngsters fighting over the other- if they’re both good enough to force themselves into the side over the course of the season that’s great- then u can look at moving aitken in.
If they have made up their mind that aitken is a forward then I think you’re right- definitely need to bring in an experienced, defensively strong back.

Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
Lacks experience yes, speed I thinks alright- Walsh and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak are quick, the rest are adequate, distribution- berry is class and Walsh’s passing game is top draw, defense is a worry especially if aitken is locked into the forwards.
I don’t get what they’re doing there- to me it’s obvious- u start the season with aitken in one spot and the two youngsters fighting over the other- if they’re both good enough to force themselves into the side over the course of the season that’s great- then u can look at moving aitken in.
If they have made up their mind that aitken is a forward then I think you’re right- definitely need to bring in an experienced, defensively strong back.
Given Aitkens lack of distribution skills and considering how well he played in the forwards it feels like that transition is set for 2022. Not uncommon for Centres to move to forwards eventually.

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
Aitken to second row could be a good move only if the centre spots given to Vailea. Which brings a bit of dynamic. Rather than Pompey who’s basically a lazy version of Aitken. I see Aitken as a Sorensen type player just chuck him on the field and tell him to run hard and give effort. Could also go good off the bench if we wanna put Katoa back at SR.

Reactions: wizards rage

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Given Aitkens lack of distribution skills and considering how well he played in the forwards it feels like that transition is set for 2022. Not uncommon for Centres to move to forwards eventually.
It’s not that I mind him moving to the fowards, it’s about the balance of the squad.
At the moment it looks like we’re going to have guys like Ben Murdoch-Masila, penne and katoa possibly missing out on the side while we play 2 rookie centers.
If we were stacked for center options but struggling for fowards I’d be all for it.

Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
It’s not that I mind him moving to the fowards, it’s about the balance of the squad.
At the moment it looks like we’re going to have guys like Ben Murdoch-Masila, penne and katoa possibly missing out on the side while we play 2 rookie centers.
If we were stacked for center options but struggling for fowards I’d be all for it.
I reckon we may yet lose a couple of forwards....I think the young guys have had a few games under the belt so worth a shot to start next year. Still have pompey and montoya as cover as well....even Dallin Watene-Zelezniak can play there....

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
View attachment 45716
We might be without our best forward for this season
Not worried. Like we've seen in other sports, once the player sees how much money they stand to lose they'll get jabbed.

I think the league will be close to 100% by the beginning of the season, with the odd staunch anti vaxers like Luke Thompson the exceptions, who have been anti vaxer since before covid hit.

EastStandDiehard

U20's Player
Nov 4, 2021
I think we have to play the rookie centres. They are always going to be rookies until they play the games that move them out of rookie status. If Browny reckons they are good to go they have play. Crichton was only 20 all season. He was blooded and Penrith have reaped the rewards. Obviously a higher performing team it’s easier to bring in the young guys, I think we need to take the plunge and go all in. Penrith missed the 8 in 2019 when they blooded their young team.

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
Tohu Harris on the bench? 60 minutes closing? Impact player? What’s the thinking?
My thinking was about that momentum we lost when we made that first interchange.
Tohu Harris’s meters, footwork, defence and minutes offers so much to the team. He would see out the half after coming on, and then go another 10-15 after half time, potentially coming in in the last 10-15 to shore up the D.

Waipiro

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 17, 2021
Tauranga, NZ
My thinking was about that momentum we lost when we made that first interchange.
Tohu Harris’s meters, footwork, defence and minutes offers so much to the team. He would see out the half after coming on, and then go another 10-15 after half time, potentially coming in in the last 10-15 to shore up the D.
I reckon you need him in to start to set the tone and give us the best start......if we get too far behind we end up chasing points and getting loose

Reactions: Defence and Bushman

playdaball

Heritage Member
Apr 23, 2012

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Couple of thoughts - didn’t think being anti vax was a big deal as the NRL didn’t mandate it. While some states (Vic) have, so far Sydney and Brisbane haven’t. So in theory we’re good with Addin Fonua-Blake.

Tohu Harris is out for a good chunk of the season, then I imagine he’ll come back from the bench for at least 3-5 games. We’ll be game 16 or so before he’s back to what we’re surmised to with him.

Aitken has said Brownie wants him in the backrow, I’m not buying it until I see it. Aitken and Berry centre, we have far to many resources in the back row. Vailea to get 12-15 games next year but I don’t think he’s starting the season.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings