General 2022 Predicted Lineup

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
The quality of player is important. However there are two things that need addressing.

First, the team needs to be looked at from the point of view of a squad, rather than starters and reserves.

Second, Warriors need skill training, the basic passing and catching skills are sub standard.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
man i cant be the only one that thinks we have a stink team on paper haha.. gonna be another long year
Don't worry bro one big signing and they'll look like top 4 squad, just waiting for November 1. Joey Manu or Cheese should do it, throw in a Nuikore and couple of Momorovskis and it's our year.

Reactions: diehard

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
This is interesting as several of our players had issues with vaccination:

The NRL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccinations for its players heading into the 2022 season, chief executive Andrew Abdo has confirmed.

The AFL and AFLW have both decreed that players and staff will not be able to take part in their 2022 season unless they're fully vaccinated, but the NRL will not take the same approach.

Reactions: tajhay

The Falcon

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 20, 2017
Auckland
Zero Tackle came out with an interesting breakdown around tackle efficiency for the season, the Warriors being the only team in the top 6 not to make the play offs. If we can get the attack firing next season then it bodes well for the team to creep up the table.

Attachments

• 38279A51-0737-42A8-900D-A3C815CE4DEB.jpeg
    38279A51-0737-42A8-900D-A3C815CE4DEB.jpeg
    278.8 KB · Views: 12

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020
Zero Tackle came out with an interesting breakdown around tackle efficiency for the season, the Warriors being the only team in the top 6 not to make the play offs. If we can get the attack firing next season then it bodes well for the team to creep up the table.
Our defence is awful that means nothing, why do we leak in so many points.

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
Our defence is awful that means nothing, why do we leak in so many points.
Possession 46% - the possession table basically is the ladder. If we’re defending that much more than most teams it is irrelevant how good we defend.

A0AA38A0-1510-4204-AE94-7BC2163C1521.jpeg

Total tackles - we had done 2nd most when all teams were on 24 games. 1000 more tackles than the Titans, Sharks. This is a big part of why they finished above us. We did so much more quantity than others during the season so that it negated the quality of defending.

C833C3DF-57A8-4A6E-9374-549C9D4864AE.jpeg

These stats are where a Shaun Johnson or a Ash Taylor will completely change our season.

Vancent

😷
Contributor
Sep 10, 2012
BrisVegas
Possession 46% - the possession table basically is the ladder. If we’re defending that much more than most teams it is irrelevant how good we defend.

View attachment 45608

Total tackles - we had done 2nd most when all teams were on 24 games. 1000 more tackles than the Titans, Sharks. This is a big part of why they finished above us. We did so much more quantity than others during the season so that it negated the quality of defending.

View attachment 45609

These stats are where a Shaun Johnson or a Ash Taylor will completely change our season.
That becomes very hard to argue with, good share.

From there you can imagine the impact of quality halves providing repeat sets, discipline preventing penalties and dreaded six agains etc.

I’d agree some quality kicks out of trouble and deft six again grubbers and multiple end of set kick threats in Johnson, Taylor and Walsh will also assist.

Perhaps time for Egan to really develop this area of his game.

Wrighty

1st Grade Fringe
May 26, 2021
I am posting this here to avoid being off topic in the recruitment thread.

The warriors halves for next year are NRL standard and should come close to getting into the top 8 based on this quick and dirty analysis (thanks to my friend Wizards for casting an eye over this)

Warriors ranked about 7th based on their halves....(this is subjective and just for entertainment/discussion)

Halves Scores out of ten

) Panthers - Cleary Luai 10 out ten
2) Storm - Munster Hughes 10 out of ten
3) Manly - DCE Foran 8 out of ten
4) Broncos Reynolds plus X - 7? out of ten
5) Eels - Moses plus Brown -7 out of ten
6) Roosters - Keary Hutchinson 7 out of ten
7) Warriors - Shaun Johnson/Chanel Harris-Tavita/Ash Taylor 6 out of ten
8) Canberra - Wighton plus Fogarty ?? 6 out of ten
9) Sharks - Hynes Trindall 5 out of ten (I think hynes will thrive but could fail as well?)
10) Cowboys - Dearden/Drinkwater/Townsend - 5 out of ten
11) New Castle - Luke Brooks? and ? 4 out of ten
12) Bulldogs - Burton plus Averillo 4 out of ten
13) Rabbitohs - Cody Walker plus ? 3 out of ten - predict a big signing as they will know they are currently light here
14) Titans - Sexton plus X 3 out of ten
15) Wests - Jackson Hastings plus ? 1 out of ten
16) St George - Moses Mbye plus ? 0 out of ten

Nangsy

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 27, 2021
I am posting this here to avoid being off topic in the recruitment thread.

The warriors halves for next year are NRL standard and should come close to getting into the top 8 based on this quick and dirty analysis (thanks to my friend Wizards for casting an eye over this)

Warriors ranked about 7th based on their halves....(this is subjective and just for entertainment/discussion)

Halves Scores out of ten

) Panthers - Cleary Luai 10 out ten
2) Storm - Munster Hughes 10 out of ten
3) Manly - DCE Foran 8 out of ten
4) Broncos Reynolds plus X - 7? out of ten
5) Eels - Moses plus Brown -7 out of ten
6) Roosters - Keary Hutchinson 7 out of ten
7) Warriors - Shaun Johnson/Chanel Harris-Tavita/Ash Taylor 6 out of ten
8) Canberra - Wighton plus Fogarty ?? 6 out of ten
9) Sharks - Hynes Trindall 5 out of ten (I think hynes will thrive but could fail as well?)
10) Cowboys - Dearden/Drinkwater/Townsend - 5 out of ten
11) New Castle - Luke Brooks? and ? 4 out of ten
12) Bulldogs - Burton plus Averillo 4 out of ten
13) Rabbitohs - Cody Walker plus ? 3 out of ten - predict a big signing as they will know they are currently light here
14) Titans - Sexton plus X 3 out of ten
15) Wests - Jackson Hastings plus ? 1 out of ten
16) St George - Moses Mbye plus ? 0 out of ten
Keary and Walker will be up their, so will Wighton and Fogarty

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga

EastStandDiehard

U20's Player
Nov 4, 2021
Personal thoughts on our best starting lineup and depth chart. Personally think we must have one eye on future. Players only build up experience by playing and I don’t necessarily mind bringing through youth at the same time, however they have to be the best long term option to get given the shot.

1. Walsh/Berry/Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak/Ratuva
3. Vailea/Pompey
4. Berry/Aitken
5. Montoya
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita/Nikorima
7. Johnson/Taylor
8. Lodge/Afoa/Ale
9. Egan/Otukolo/Kalepo
10. Addin Fonua-Blake/Pene/Ben Murdoch-Masila/Frei
11. Katoa/Sironen
12. Curran/Aitken/Murchie