General 2022 Predicted Lineup

the borg

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 8, 2015
Wouldn't be surprised to see Walsh go to the halves after SJs contract is up.. if we can still hang on to him that is... Bit like Lockyer did with the Broncos.. once he matures a bit could be leader or captain material as well..

Reactions: Sky Waka

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on the halves:

Shaun Johnson, Ash Taylor, CHT, Kodi and Sean O'Sullivan?

Does Ash Taylor start over CHT? For me it’s a definite yes, although he plays the same style as Shaun Johnson

6 - Taylor
7 - Shaun Johnson
14 - CHT (moving into starting line up due to injury)
18 - Kodi (injury cover until he finds somewhere else to play. Can see him firing trying to get a contract next year
19 - Sean O'Sullivan (keep POS happy; 4th half (Kodi is a 14) and depth for 2023 when we potentially lose a few)

Fonzie

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 22, 2018

Does Ash Taylor start over CHT? For me it’s a definite yes, although he plays the same style as Shaun Johnson

6 - Taylor
7 - Shaun Johnson
18 - Kodi (injury cover until he finds somewhere else to play. Can see him firing trying to get a contract next year
19 - Sean O'Sullivan (keep POS happy; 4th half (Kodi is a 14) and depth for 2023 when we potentially lose a few)
As it stands, I’d play Shaun Johnson and CHT right/left, with Ash and Kodi as cover

wizards rage

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
As it stands, I’d play Shaun Johnson and CHT right/left, with Ash and Kodi as cover
CHT who we are in no hurry to resign and is looking around… potentially not here in 2023. 48 games. Lacks speed as a 6. Lacks a kicking game.

vs

Ash - 131 games - faster, better kicking game, more experience. IF he’s committed and gets fit, a lot of upside…

Dunedin warrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 10, 2014

6 - Taylor
7 - Shaun Johnson

Taylor has been worse than ordinary for a few years now. He’s worth a contract on the basis that he has talent and experience and we are paying him peanuts, but I wouldn’t want him starting on this years form.

I’d start the season with CHT and Shaun Johnson and see how that goes. If we are lucky enough to get Metcalf next season you’d slot him into Walsh’s slot while suspended and the better of CHT and Metcalf gets the 6 jumper.

AlexM

1st Grade Fringe
Feb 19, 2017

6 - Taylor
7 - Shaun Johnson
Ash is Sjs backup pretty much guys
PoS said as much
With Cht and Kodi looking at 6 , but kodu can also play 9 so makes a better 14. Imo

Boats n Hoes

1st Grade Fringe
May 14, 2012
Is Tohu Harris good to go round one?

For some reason i thought he was potentially out for the first month at least?

Who partners Shaun in the halves will be interesting. Taylor's pretty similar in that their both on the ball types....not sure if that necessarily gels well, sort of like a point of difference with one of your halves.

Im leaning towards but not set in Chanel atm, definitely has his limitations but maybe his strong defence and willingness to take the ball deep at the line is a nice contrast to Shaun's skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worried2Death

xWarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 27, 2012
Taylor has been worse than ordinary for a few years now. He’s worth a contract on the basis that he has talent and experience and we are paying him peanuts, but I wouldn’t want him starting on this years form.

I’d start the season with CHT and Shaun Johnson and see how that goes. If we are lucky enough to get Metcalf next season you’d slot him into Walsh’s slot while suspended and the better of CHT and Metcalf gets the 6 jumper.
What has CHT shown over the years ? He's mud as a half.

Reactions: matiunz

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013

Taylor has not been that bad, it is that he is perceived not living up to the inflated contract he was given. Was he expected to turn it down?

Swanny

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 18, 2017
Taylor has not been that bad, it is that he is perceived not living up to the inflated contract he was given. Was he expected to turn it down?
He has been pretty bad for the last 18 months in particular, regardless of salary. He appeared to be in pain a lot of that time with the hip injury, and he also had the mental demons through that period.
To be dropped before the finals for a makeshift 6 in Peachey shows that something wasn’t right. At least he has acknowledged that his weight has to come down, and hopefully he can play pain free at the beginning of the season, but I still think he is there as a replacement Sean O'Sullivan rather than CHT

NZWarriorsFaithful

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2020
Is Tohu Harris good to go round one?

For some reason i thought he was potentially out for the first month at least?

Who partners Shaun in the halves will be interesting. Taylor's pretty similar in that their both on the ball types....not sure if that necessarily gels well, sort of like a point of difference with one of your halves.

Im leaning towards but not set in Chanel atm, definitely has his limitations but maybe his strong defence and willingness to take the ball deep at the line is a nice contrast to Shaun's skills.
No he told me mid to early next year

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
Ash Taylor is a better player but I would play cht coz there is a chance he will be here in 2023 and we need to join if he has the goods or not.

Reactions: Kestrel84

6Again

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 1, 2020
Would everyone start Addin Fonua-Blake and Lodge? I felt we really lost momentum after 20 minutes when we started to rotate our props. I wonder if keeping Lodge on the pine till 15-20 into the game is a better option.
I think your right in saying we lost momentum after our first rotation but we shouldn‘t underestimate the hole that was left without Tohu Harris. Hoping he’s on track for round 1.

Blindside

1st Grade Fringe
May 24, 2012
OK. I see your teams and follow your reasoning - in most cases.
But I have a serious concern.
How are those teams going to do any better than we did this year?
OK, I know Tohu Harris should be back and Shaun Johnson is coming . (But I will reserve judgement on him till I see him take the line on.)
Maybe I will believe it when I see it.
But we still lack a strike weapon and I am not convinced Brown can get this squad to perform.
I know the Dogs and Broncos will be better next year - us I don't know.

Reactions: Worried2Death

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings