General 2022 Offseason and Pre-season

Toookey

1st Grade Fringe
May 3, 2021
Like it or not, what Kodi is on he’s excellent. Totally has a pea heart, but if he plays half as well as he can - and something tells me with a dominant half in Shaun Johnson and an attacking threat out the back in Walsh he can - then he’ll go great this year.

I’m pretty excited tho, with Ash, Nikorima and Chanel Harris-Tavita there available there’s no time for the guy playing to settle in. One or two bad games and it’s the next guys chance to impress. I’m happy to back who ever gets first crack, it should mean they’ve worked their ass off to get there

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
All of our halves have question marks over them.

Johnson has matured since he left and will likely be one of the starting halves. The main concerns around him is around keeping him injury free.

The others are all playing for a contract and will need to play well to attract interest either from the Warriors or another club. For Nikorima and Taylor its more likely at another club. Taylor could surprise and decide to stay if he gels with the team and can't attract interest from another Queensland side and lets face it if he wants to stay in southern Queensland the Titans are unlikely so its either back to the Broncos or the Dolphins. Nikorima might have a few more options but if he goes to the Broncos or Dolphins that could mean less options for Taylor.

Chanel Harris-Tavita still isn't signed. I recall an offer was made but there is still question marks on his status.

Short term we should have 3 guys that need to train hard and prove themselves or risk being unwanted. Not a bad problem to have.

francis

Warriors Bench Player
Jun 19, 2020
Like it or not, what Kodi is on he’s excellent. Totally has a pea heart, but if he plays half as well as he can - and something tells me with a dominant half in Shaun Johnson and an attacking threat out the back in Walsh he can - then he’ll go great this year.

I’m pretty excited tho, with Ash, Nikorima and Chanel Harris-Tavita there available there’s no time for the guy playing to settle in. One or two bad games and it’s the next guys chance to impress. I’m happy to back who ever gets first crack, it should mean they’ve worked their ass off to get there
depending on how well they're training i'd put taylor & johnson in the halves & nikorima or harris -tavita in at 14..js

Cces

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 12, 2013
Christchurch
The Guru doesn't always get it right but this time 12 months ago he predicted Reece Walsh to have a breakout year..
FB_IMG_1641880515685.jpg

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 21, 2019
The Guru doesn't always get it right but this time 12 months ago he predicted Reece Walsh to have a breakout year..
View attachment 45951
Storm could be regretting letting him go considering Kamikamika failed to turn up to court Monday and faces potential arrest and Nelson Asofa Solomona’s vaccination stance. Really excited for the squad we’ve assembled.

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Storm could be regretting letting him go considering Kamikamika failed to turn up to court Monday and faces potential arrest and Nelson Asofa Solomona’s vaccination stance. Really excited for the squad we’ve assembled.

No doubt they would have fought harder for him if they knew that was coming, especially with Finucine going too.

I'm sure they'll just roll a few more off the assembly line but it would be nice to see them drop off.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
No doubt they would have fought harder for him if they knew that was coming, especially with Finucine going too.

I'm sure they'll just roll a few more off the assembly line but it would be nice to see them drop off.
One of my wishes for any season is for the Storm to not make the Top 8.

I have to confess I forgave Mr Kearney when he joined the Warriors (allegedly he and Mr Whathisfaceyellsallthetime who's the Storm Coach, oh, yeah, Bellamy refused to be part of the Storm's salary cap investigation in 2011 which I think is pretty suss, I mean, c'mon, okay, as a coach you shouldn't know exactly who's getting paid what but when you're signing That Guy 1, That Guy 2, That Guy 3 and That Guy 4, don't you think "Hang on a tick!"??), but now he's back there, ta HELL with him and them Storm cheats...

But since it's pre-season, if a couple of ACLs could burst, or some less painful and serious but more long lasting injury could infest the Storm, that'd be good...

Bitter? No, I had one can of DB Bitter the night I watched that debut game against the Broncos in March '95 and I assure you, I ain't going down that Bitter Road!

Already made my NRL Fantasy team, just well prepared to pre-season to completely screw it up with injuries, etc...

• Haha
Reactions: francis and Ref

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Johnson should sniff a bit of curry powder before games.

Then stand there in the warm up blowing his nose and sneezing like a maniac...the Warriors Doc runs on and does a quick nasal swab......target this mofos....
Actually, it'd be best if the Doc leaves it 'til we get first points. Then we get the two, because, well, it's going to be hard to re-schedule the game, sorry Storm/whoever! And since the Warriors were in front and all, sorry, cobber!..

• Haha
Reactions: Sup42

wizards rage

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 18, 2016
Tauranga
This is gotta be highly motivating for Shaun Johnson and also the players that looked up to him growing up.
Johnson is a marketers dream. He always says the right stuff, well spoken and eternally positive.

Worth his salary just for the media interest he will bring to the team.

A bonus if he wins us a few games as well 🤣

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings