General 2022 NRL Trial Games

Defence

Defence

AE164DB7 44F0 49D9 8928 118B27831FA4

MOD EDIT - Your one stop shop for all upcoming NRL trial matches. There will be a dedicated thread for all Warriors trial games so please no Warriors discussion in this thread thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sup42

Sup42

Thanks D.

In my fervor I forgot there was a whole round outside of Saturday 6pm NZDT.

Be interesting to see how clubs approach this after having a year of the Vlandys high injury toll six again Reff dominates outcome Era.

Given the horror injury toll of last season I'm looking forward to seeing who uses two game to run the big guns.

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Think it’s a mistake NZR playing NZ super rugby games with no crowds in Queenstown, tv coverage and lack of atmosphere making it seem like trial matches

Wrighty

Wrighty

Think it’s a mistake NZR playing NZ super rugby games with no crowds in Queenstown, tv coverage and lack of atmosphere making it seem like trial matches
I don't mean to be a stickler but the thread is meant for discussing NRL trial games.
Also I personally hate union, I used to love union and spent 30 years following it finally the rules became so officious that there was a penalty every 5 minutes for something you couldn't understand or even see happening. The sport will die out unless it changes. I hate it. I hate how the All Blacks get favourable calls to win just because the referee is expecting them to win anyway. I hate that the Nigel Owens sent Jordie Barrett off the field and the judiciary cleared his name and expunged the incident after the match. I hate that Zac Guilford sexually molested a woman who was jogging past him and it was covered up because he was an All Black. I hate all of it. Sorry for Rant. But if possible please discuss union in the union thread.

kos

Paul Turner.
Watched him play 6 in the Titans Broncos game.
Thought he was invisible.
Fellow players didnt use him ..most of the play went via Toby Sexton at 7.
He looked like an outsider.

Reactions: zegy
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I don't mean to be a stickler but the thread is meant for discussing NRL trial games.
Also I personally hate union, I used to love union and spent 30 years following it finally the rules became so officious that there was a penalty every 5 minutes for something you couldn't understand or even see happening. The sport will die out unless it changes. I hate it. I hate how the All Blacks get favourable calls to win just because the referee is expecting them to win anyway. I hate that the Nigel Owens sent Jordie Barrett off the field and the judiciary cleared his name and expunged the incident after the match. I hate that Zac Guilford sexually molested a woman who was jogging past him and it was covered up because he was an All Black. I hate all of it. Sorry for Rant. But if possible please discuss union in the union thread.
Was pointing out NZR scoring an own goal in terms of a being a competing product with NZ teams starting their main comp vs Warriors trial with it being embarrassing that a trial had more atmosphere.

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
Penrith look slick….fuckers are still oozing with confidence

Reactions: matiunz
Wrighty

Wrighty

Sharks not even playing Metcalf in the trial...
Quite a bit of chatter about this in the sharks forum
IT is noted that the Sharks and quite a few other clubs are holding their starting 13 out of this first trial and will play them in the second trial. So Metcalf not playing could mean he has leap frogged Trindall (who did start today) into the starting halves or at least be a 14 off the bench.
The other thing they conjecture and cross your fingers and hold thumbs as they say in South Africa he could have been taken out of the trial due to a pending trade with guess which team?

Wrighty

Wrighty

Just to thicken the plot, for those who like plots, jack bird reputedly set to reject at George extension for 2023 season.
Sharks and Dolphins in the mixer with him previously saying he wanted to stay in Sydney which would nod the sharks in box seat
Birds been playing centre recently I think but can obviously be a stand off
If sharks sign him for 2023 stand off does that psychologically have a minor impact on sharks wanting to keep metcalf this year.

Reactions: Lance155