General 2022 injury thread

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Reactions: wizards rage
Broken bones is different to broken joint? Specially the opposed thumb. I don't know what was broken and surmise? it could be worse e.g broken arm as opposed to elbow?
And it depends if a slight fracture or a clean break. And then where along the bone - a break near the joint is more troublesome than in the middle.

Reactions: Louim8 and Juno

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Broken bones is different to broken joint? Specially the opposed thumb. I don't know what was broken and surmise? it could be worse e.g broken arm as opposed to elbow?
6 weeks is a typical amount of time for a break that they put a plate or screws into. I know I had years of trouble with a broken collar bone, but after surgery it was right to go inside 6 weeks

Reactions: Louim8
How does Brandon smith come back from a broken hand in one week and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak is out for 7 with a broken thumb??
I played a game of rugby in August last year, thought i felt super unfit because i could hardly breathe and thought i had sprained my thumb.

After the game my ribs were so bad i thought i must have cracked them, doctor confirmed this while a xray confirmed i had a slightly collapsed lung.

My sprained thumb, never got better, started to suspect it was broken so about 2 weeks later i went to the doctor's and a xray confirmed it was broken in almost the exact same spot as Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, our xrays look identical.

What i can tell you, 7 months later is that although not super painful i dont have the same grip strength i use to and my thumb now bends to angles that it couldn't before. You will be surprised how much you relie on your thumb until you cant use it.

What i can tell you, 7 months later is that although not super painful i dont have the same grip strength i use to and my thumb now bends to angles that it couldn't before. You will be surprised how much you relie on your thumb until you cant use it.
[/QUOTE]
Same here spent weeks hitchhiking round the S.Island. Never got passed Picton.

Does anyone know the injury status of Ben Murdock Masila?
Yeah - after the Broncos game, all the Media in Australia and on the NRL shows were going on about Jazz's tackle that injured the Broncos player. Nothing was said about the scumbag Broncos piece of shit player that put Ben Murdoch-Masila out of the game. Typical Australian wankers. If they are not cheating during the Warriors games with the dickhead officials, they are only concerned about their own retard Australian players.